Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did my best Brett Favre imitation this past weekend and added 32 superchargers in just under 50 hrs to reach The 700 Club (shucks, I should have stopped at the Lexington, VA charger for a photo op but already visited it). It "only" took me 20 months from the previous Century mark (ugh) while the earlier ones were only 3 or 4 months apart; however, tires seem to last forever now instead of just one year so there's that.

1,675 miles, 49.5 hrs, 32 new locations, so 52 miles-per-new-location (anything <100 miles is usually pretty darn good). The time taken to drive it could have been much shorter but I had to backtrack from Newark, DE up to Boonton, NJ because I had a previous commitment near Newark and some unintended traffic on I-95 in southern CT meant I had to skip some of the NJ ones in order to make it for my schedule and I also shopped at a few stores after Newark because ... when in Rome.

Thanks to @Big Earl for assisting with the order to visit items around D.C. and him and @theflyer for meeting me at Vienna, VA for a short visit. The spreadsheet has been updated.

Sat: 08/22:
Williamsport, PA
Middletown, NY
Fishkill, NY
North Stamford, CT
Stamford, CT
Fairfield, CT - Northbound
Fairfield, CT - Southbound
West Nyack, NY
Robbinsville Twp, NJ
Deptford, NJ
Bensalem, PA
Maple Shade, NJ​

Sun, 08/23:
Toms River, NJ
Freehold, NJ
Staten Island, NY
Springfield, NJ
Boonton, NJ
Basking Ridge, NJ
Lancaster, PA
White Marsh, MD
Hanover, MD
Riverdale, MD
Wisconsin Ave NW, Washington, DC
North Bethesda, MD
Rockville, MD
Reston, VA
Vienna, VA
Madison, VA
Chantilly, VA
Ashburn, VA (#700)
Leesburg, VA
Frederick, MD
#700: Ashburn, VA: #TeamRed
View attachment 580430

View attachment 580428

View attachment 580802 August 25th

Washington

Kelso

Took an adventurous route back home from Cannon Beach, OR via the Puget Island ferry. I've been on nearly every ferry in WA, but this is the only one that crosses the Columbia between WA and OR. It was reminiscent of the Lake Champlain Ferry.
That ferry looks like the same "class" as the Keller and Inchelium-Gifford ferries in eastern WA over Lake Roosevelt!
Nice pic!

Wow. 700. Incredible. I am curious, would you share whether your Have experienced much battery degradation with so much supercharging? What was your original max mileage and what are you able to charge to now? Thanks for educating us relative newbies.

@gillie_68, here is data from Teslafi but it only started at 14k miles and about 6 months after ownership. I extended the lines to about where it would have been from the start. Original max mileage was 296 and currently it is 249. I've been heavily using superchargers since Day 1 but back then Tesla almost encouraged it or at least made zero indication that it would degrade the charging rate or battery range.

It wasn't until around the 8-month mark and maybe 30k when my supercharging dropped to 92-95 kW max charge rate instead of 120 kW like when it was new but they kept saying, "Yep, it is performing as intended" and only after that point or a little later is when they finally admitted to everyone that repeated fast charging, even on CHAdeMO, would eventually limit the charge rate to about 95 kW.

Note, in this graph, the data points are "any charge to 90% or above" and the one point toward the right that is very low was probably from this recent trip when A/C was on full blast so the SOC was probably a few miles under the max but the dotted line is a good estimate and I can see that I'll be down to ~240 miles of range around 175k miles as there doesn't seem to be a flattening of the rate of degradation like so many studies and charts have shown. Also, my original 90 kWh battery (or about 81 kWh of usable range) is down to about 75 kWh (or about 68 kWh of usable range).

upload_2020-8-26_15-44-41.png

I've lived in Oregon almost my entire life and i had no idea there was a ferry across the Columbia.
There were once many ferries across the Columbia, but they gradually got taken out by bridges. The Astoria bridge for example wasn't built until the 60s (thus completing US101). There were also ferries across Lake Washington in the Seattle area back in the day, but they too were taking out by the I-90 and 520 bridges. And of course there were ferries across the Willamette as well. Just look at the place names as you travel down I-5.

Historic ferries in Oregon - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA and Bighorn
I was wondering what you were doing. Glympse showed you driving all over that island when I looked, guess you were waiting for the ferry to leave.
No that was after the ferry ride. I was exploring the island! Figured I might never be there again. It was a pleasant rural island afflicted with an unfortunate blight of Trump and Culp signage.

That ferry looks like the same "class" as the Keller and Inchelium-Gifford ferries in eastern WA over Lake Roosevelt!
Nice pic!
As I was typing up that post, I recalled that I had not been on those ferries yet, so I guess I will put that one on the bucket list. I believe I have now been on every public car ferry route that is currently operating in Western Washington including the ones that go to Canada.

Reactions: Big Earl
Wow. Anyone watching Laura make landfall? Lots of storm surge. Is there a site I can see the health of superchargers in the area? I guess I could go check out the map in the car but I’m very comfortable in bed watching these weathermen get blown around like paper dolls.

Wow. Anyone watching Laura make landfall? Lots of storm surge. Is there a site I can see the health of superchargers in the area? I guess I could go check out the map in the car but I’m very comfortable in bed watching these weathermen get blown around like paper dolls.
On a Tweet, I heard Lake Charles and Lafayette could get flooded due to low elevation

I think Lake Charles is the one to worry about. The eye is directly over the supercharger there right now. If the winds don't get it, the storm surge might. My best guess is the supercharger cabinets are at about 12 ft of elevation there (slightly higher than the 10 ft listed on supercharge.info, which I assume is the elevation of the stalls).

Wow. 700. Incredible. I am curious, would you share whether your Have experienced much battery degradation with so much supercharging? What was your original max mileage and what are you able to charge to now? Thanks for educating us relative newbies.
@gillie_68, here is data from Teslafi but it only started at 14k miles and about 6 months after ownership. I extended the lines to about where it would have been from the start. Original max mileage was 296 and currently it is 249. I've been heavily using superchargers since Day 1 but back then Tesla almost encouraged it or at least made zero indication that it would degrade the charging rate or battery range.

It wasn't until around the 8-month mark and maybe 30k when my supercharging dropped to 92-95 kW max charge rate instead of 120 kW like when it was new but they kept saying, "Yep, it is performing as intended" and only after that point or a little later is when they finally admitted to everyone that repeated fast charging, even on CHAdeMO, would eventually limit the charge rate to about 95 kW.

Note, in this graph, the data points are "any charge to 90% or above" and the one point toward the right that is very low was probably from this recent trip when A/C was on full blast so the SOC was probably a few miles under the max but the dotted line is a good estimate and I can see that I'll be down to ~240 miles of range around 175k miles as there doesn't seem to be a flattening of the rate of degradation like so many studies and charts have shown. Also, my original 90 kWh battery (or about 81 kWh of usable range) is down to about 75 kWh (or about 68 kWh of usable range).

View attachment 580994

And for those interested in the longevity of the Model 3, our car originally started with 303 miles of range (never did get the full 10) and now charges to around 278 miles at 100%. That's reported data from the Stats app - I haven't actually charged it to a true 100% in a while, although it's been close. 74,000 miles in two years with at least 50,000 of those miles being powered by Superchargers due to extensive road trips. The charge rate has remained the same and it still gets 250 kW under 25% and 75 kW at around 70-75%. Degradation at this point is around 9%, which doesn't seem unreasonable.

Visited Ashland, NH yesterday on my way back from a blown tire adventure in Maine.

8/21 - Ran over a sharp rock in Baxter State Park (literal middle of nowhere).
8/22 - Noticed bump on rear tire and smaller bump on front tire (pic 1). Drove to Sebago, ME (230, mi).
8/22 - Noticed the bump has grown to be egg-sized (pic 2), called VIP Tires in Gorham. Matching tires will arrive Tues/Wed (3-4 days)
8/22-26 - Stayed with parents of college friends I hadn't seen in 20 years. As in, the last time I saw them they were dating, and we celebrated their 20th anniversary together.
8/26 - Tires arrive. 1st tire is correct (General Altimax RT43), 2nd is incorrect (Continental ProContact TX).
8/26 - Drive home with 1 tire different from others.

IMG_1873.JPG IMG_1879.JPG IMG_1963.JPG IMG_2091.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    565.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2002.JPG
    IMG_2002.JPG
    851.4 KB · Views: 45
Visited Ashland, NH yesterday on my way back from a blown tire adventure in Maine.

8/22 - Noticed bump on rear tire and smaller bump on front tire (pic 1). Drove to Sebago, ME (230, mi).
8/22 - Noticed the bump has grown to be egg-sized (pic 2), called VIP Tires in Gorham. Matching tires will arrive Tues/Wed (3-4 days)
8/22-26 - Stayed with parents of college friends I hadn't seen in 20 years. As in, the last time I saw them they were dating, and we celebrated their 20th anniversary together.
8/26 - Tires arrive. 1st tire is correct (General Altimax RT43), 2nd is incorrect (Continental ProContact TX).

View attachment 581366 View attachment 581367 View attachment 581368 View attachment 581371
Did you manage to find a puck?

View attachment 581366 View attachment 581367 View attachment 581368 View attachment 581371
Did you ever consider just getting your car towed to a tire shop that had the proper tires on hand? I know you were pretty far out there, and there might have been an expense associated with this, but still seems far better than sitting around for days.

OK, since I am surrounded by Superchargers I have visited, I went on a flight of fantasy, planning a 24 hour period to get the most chargers and this is the plan I came up with:

Manchester, CT [Tesla] to Fredericksburg, VA [Tesla]

70 chargers in one day. Probably won't make the last one, Fredericksburg VA, which is pretty far from the previous but with Bill and Ted's coming out that's appropriate, "69 dude!" I avoided the garages that charge much like NYC and Philly, except Arlington VA where I grew up, gotta tag that one. Some have a grace period listed that I could Touch and Go for free. I skipped the second East Brunswick charger as there was just no quick way to get to it and back on the turnpike.

Last edited:
OK, since I am surrounded by Superchargers I have visited, I went on a flight of fantasy, planning a 24 hour period to get the most chargers and this is the plan I came up with:

Manchester, CT [Tesla] to Fredericksburg, VA [Tesla]

70 chargers in one day. Probably won't make the last one, Fredericksburg VA, which is pretty far from the previous but with Bill and Ted's coming out that's appropriate, "69 dude!" I avoided the garages that charge much like NYC and Philly, except Arlington VA where I grew up, gotta tag that one. Some have a grace period listed that I could Touch and Go for free. I skipped the second East Brunswick charger as there was just no quick way to get to it and back on the turnpike.

That would be a brutal trip (exhausting), but it's totally doable. There are a few unlimited mile Tesla rentals available on Turo. When are you flying out here? I'll meet you in Woodbridge or Fredericksburg - whichever is your final destination - with champagne, beer or coffee to celebrate. :D