Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
November 1:

538: Pittsburgh, PA
539: Washington, PA
Caught up with @Darren S for a few minutes in Pittsburgh. Now I’m making my way home through MD and WV.

spreadsheet updated

Pittsburgh, PA as well for me and updated the spreadsheet also. Visits are always too brief but it was still nice to catch up with a fellow competitor. Enjoy your future road trips, @Big Earl.

IMG_20201101_104930_copy_840x630.jpg

Last edited:
Imagine if it were South Dakota and feel my pain:)
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer driving through SD to driving through OR. Maybe it's just because I haven't done it nearly as much but with Autopilot, you can just sit back and relax and listen to podcasts or music on stretches like I-90 through SD. It probably doesn't help that I always seem to end up driving through the windy parts of southern OR after dark.

Reactions: GHammer
Hi all, doing some analysis of supercharger.info (thanks tes.s) and the spreadsheet. Setting up the project.

Any thoughts on a name for the app or game? I put in ChargeGame as a start, but figured I'd ask.

Brainstormed what it could become a bit. Remembered something called the Degree Confluence Project from around the early days of public GPS and geocaching. Simple goal (take a picture at every lat/long confluence), which was really just an excuse to drive somewhere new and cool. Kind of like this.

So aside from reaching all superchargers, what else are we doing? Is it about charging only or about ... weaving. (ChargeWeave?) Collecting data for AP routes, highlighting weird/cool stuff (along with firsts, meetups, etc). Also makes me think of Appalachian trail journals ... reading someone's story about their night at a shelter.

Thinking what I like most in this thread... photos, routes, stories. I'll start a new thread in a bit to keep this one on topic, but figured I'd ask the full group, "what should we call it?"

Back home from our overnight trip. I added two more on the way:

842. Baltimore - Boston Street, MD
843. Claymont - Philadelphia Pike, DE

View attachment 604559

I really enjoy driving the hilly highways from SW PA thru WV to MD. TeslaFi captured an image of the drive below. Oh sorry, that's the battery discharge/charge during the day :)
View attachment 604560
There are a couple of comments that I meant to share from the trip:

- there are great deals on hotels available because of the hit they are taking from Covid. For example, we stayed in the Hampton Inn in Washington, PA for a cost of $63.20 + $6.95 tax (my wife is a Hilton Rewards member, but no points were involved, it's just a Dream Away promotion).

- The Claymont- Philadelphia Pike Supercharger still has only 4 stalls powered up. The 4 live stalls unfortunately are on a section of the parking lot which has been poorly designed for drainage. There was about an inch of standing water in that area, which would freeze into a nice skating rink if the temperature drops. See pics below:

IMG_3020.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

The Claymont- Philadelphia Pike Supercharger still has only 4 stalls powered up. The 4 live stalls unfortunately are on a section of the parking lot which has been poorly designed for drainage. There was about an inch of standing water in that area, which would freeze into a nice skating rink if the temperature drops. See pics below:
That’s where summon comes into play...

Reactions: NKYTA
Hi all, doing some analysis of supercharger.info (thanks tes.s) and the spreadsheet. Setting up the project.

Any thoughts on a name for the app or game? I put in ChargeGame as a start, but figured I'd ask.

Brainstormed what it could become a bit. Remembered something called the Degree Confluence Project from around the early days of public GPS and geocaching. Simple goal (take a picture at every lat/long confluence), which was really just an excuse to drive somewhere new and cool. Kind of like this.

So aside from reaching all superchargers, what else are we doing? Is it about charging only or about ... weaving. (ChargeWeave?) Collecting data for AP routes, highlighting weird/cool stuff (along with firsts, meetups, etc). Also makes me think of Appalachian trail journals ... reading someone's story about their night at a shelter.

Thinking what I like most in this thread... photos, routes, stories. I'll start a new thread in a bit to keep this one on topic, but figured I'd ask the full group, "what should we call it?"

Supercharger Go or Tesla Go? Not very creative takes on the game Pokémon Go but it’s succinct.

Reactions: NKYTA

The things that have garnered the most interest in our time managing the google sheet and the Tableau dashboard are:
  1. Collecting superchargers as a personal goal quite separate from competing with others. Just being able to manage that process and visualize the progress is a big part, maybe the biggest part of what we're doing.
  2. Getting the "first" visit of anyone in the competition and then tracking "firsts" over time
  3. Clearing states
  4. being able to slice and decide the supercharger list by type and other characteristics
  5. A relatively recent sub-competition enabled by Tableau is the "number of superchargers visited in a single day". Current record is held by @Big Earl at 40. This sub-competition is good because it favors the new competitors. The total superchargers visited favors long-timers.
  6. Something we have not been able to support but seems to be sub-competitions that several people do are to track geographic markers by state (collected highest elevation per state, first East, North, West, South in Continental USA, etc. @PLUS EV and others can elaborate on this sub-genre.
  7. Collect "Century marks" - date when reaching 100, date when reaching 200, etc.
  8. Friendly rivalries around sub-groups of competitors. i.e., there always seems to be groups of two, three, or four that are battling over segments of the leaderboard.
  9. Geographic leaderboards (Global, Just NA, Just Europe, etc).
Well, that's a few thoughts.

Personally, I call it Supercharger Hunting

Dang, Just missed another visitor to my neighborhood. Sorry I missed ya BM3B

No-Mo-Trump-vember 1st
(aka. Día de los Muertos)

Oregon:

The Dalles
Detroit Lake (what a Tourist Trap, everyone was taking pics walking around all agog)
Bend
Klamath Falls (the pickup truckers were out driving up and down Main St. with their flags, geez)

Sheet updated

When I entered California I discovered that all the Superchargers were charging 9¢/kWh if I just wait until 9pm. But it was 6pm when I got to Corning so I didn't wait the 3 hours to save $15 it cost to get home. Now I am home again, charging on CHAdeMO for the first time in two weeks. Feels right (and free).

Last edited:

Supercharge! (I think we need an exclamation point :))
Primarily, there's the pure need to make data entry easy for participants; Having to get access and know spreadsheets is probably just as annoying to newbies as needing to rely on others to update your stats via a post. Radio buttons or toggles are the first things that comes to mind but I'm not trying to dictate. Realize that this will change the admin function on the backside to more QC because there would be nothing to stop someone from going in and checking 100 chargers for any given day. I suppose that also means the admins need the ability to over-ride or suspend accounts that aren't playing the game nicely.
Besides what @theflyer already mentioned, I think the ability for the community to suggest new achievements is important to keep the game fresh and relevant. So conversation areas would be valuable. Suggestions, smack, and even hints relative to each site, whether it's hints like the squeegee or food or restrooms could be appreciated.
I like the idea of pictures but not sure I like the requirement of having to post a picture of your car charging. There are many scenic sites and you never know when you'll snap something funny to post.
MY original concept was to try and make it just as fun for new owners as for veterans. I can see nabbing all chargers within an X, Y and Z mile radius as a way to get newbies going. That leads to everything in your home state and neighboring states.
Longest road trip could also be an individual as well as a competition element.
That could easily blend into most chargers in any given day.
I like the geographic element; I was thinking about a 4-corners achievement for the US chargers as well as something like national parks or state high and low points not being charger-orientated.
Of course, the real trick would be doing something similar for each continent or geographic region to make it equally as inviting for European and Asian competitors.
Something social like tag or 6 degrees of separation could be cute. How many competitors have you met personally, or friended?
Stopping now to prevent further rambling.

Some metrics we currently report in the spreadsheet or tableau are:
# of superchargers visited
# of "first" visits
When each "century" milestone was reached and the place of achievement (14th to reach 100, for example)
Where each competitor is from (region of country or country)
When they started supercharging
When they led the competition
# of states visited (PR and DC count as states)
Most in 1 day
Most in one quarter
Most in one year
Most in current quarter
Most in current year
Most in each year
Lower 49 visited (lower 48 + DC)