Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was just googling the charge fanfare from ballparks. Did not know two things: 1) someone tried to claim copyright, and 2) The Chargers were named for it.

Charge (fanfare) - Wikipedia
That's interesting that the football team was named for it.

They went on to create a theme song for competitors in our game traveling through Southern California:

As a hilarious footnote, on my first ever Tesla road trip in 2016, I told the Nav to "navigate to San Diego supercharger" and wound up at some mechanic shop that was apparently named "San Diego Super Chargers" after that song. Eventually I found my way to Qualcomm. I've since learned more efficient ways to navigate to superchargers.

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA and Darren S
Some metrics we currently report in the spreadsheet or tableau are:
# of superchargers visited
# of "first" visits
When each "century" milestone was reached and the place of achievement (14th to reach 100, for example)
Where each competitor is from (region of country or country)
When they started supercharging
When they led the competition
# of states visited (PR and DC count as states)
Most in 1 day
Most in one quarter
Most in one year
Most in current quarter
Most in current year
Most in each year
Lower 49 visited (lower 48 + DC)
With an app we could enter every charging session (if one wanted to), so the app could keep track of who has charged the most times at one location or the most times in a state or country, or even overall most charges.

I know Bighorn mentioned something about wanting to be the "Mayor of Lusk" :)

Just a little 200-mile Target run...

124. Lincoln, CA (Groveland Lane)

Hey I had to go out there because the sales tax is lower than the Target closest to us.

Safe travels everyone,

Bruce.

Bruce, if you are going to drive to Placer County to save 1% or less on the sales tax rate, you really should join the major leagues and drive to Oregon. Up your game! :D

Primarily, there's the pure need to make data entry easy for participants; Having to get access and know spreadsheets is probably just as annoying to newbies as needing to rely on others to update your stats via a post.
Yes, definitely a secure way for people to manage entering their own charger visits - maybe even integration with TeslaFi since many participants use that.

Our entry process right now is pretty clumsy. People that request it get edit access to their own column of visit dates. We still do a little QC on their entries - for example we highlight visit dates that are when the supercharger was not open. I have no real basis but would rate the google sheets security marginal - but we are all friends so I'm not that concerned. Definitely a challenge to do entry on a mobile device rather than a computer.

Entering dates for the remainder of participants that don't want edit access or are uncomfortable with spreadsheets is not that big a deal. Occasionally we get a new competitor with a lot of visits which takes a little while to enter. The biggest problem we have is when people done use the name of the supercharger that we use, and we have to figure it out. For the most part the names match between Tesla FindUs, Tesla Nav, supercharge.info, and our spreadsheet.

What’s the deal with the pickup drivers? Are they all flying blue line flags in your face?
Four different times, there's a line of traffic in the fast lane slowly passing a line of semi's and these pickups would come flying up and tailgate as if we could go any faster. They would downshift and rev their loud diesels and make a lot of noise, sometimes would pass on the right and then cut into the line of traffic. In two cases after the block had cleared they didn't even go that fast, I had them in my sights for 5-10 miles. I wasn't just towards me so it wasn't Tesla rage.

The underlying map design has changed again but functionality should be the same and even improved in some cases. Your existing links should all still work. Here are the major changes. Thanks to @GHammer for some quality feedback that I've incorporated.

The leaderboard dashboards are now long on your mobile device. Scroll to see the whole thing.
  • New global leaderboard now includes a table of people who have visited superchargers in the last week. This table helps us determine the latest data that is available to Tableau at that moment. If there are newer visits that are not showing up in that table, it means Tableau has not synced that data yet. Ask and I can force an update. The auto-refresh feature doesn't seem to be working as reliably anymore. I suspect Salesforce is beginning to influence how Tableau operates.
  • Competitor maps. There are now two competitor maps. One for visited and one for not yet visited. Each has a navigate button at the top so you can easily jump between the two views.
  • SCs per day. Pretty much the same but I've added a variety of filters. Try using the "Highlight TMC Handle" to quickly view a particular competitor's visit history. When you click into the Highlight field, you can begin typing the handle to quickly access that handle's data.
  • Supercharger View shows the current state of the supercharger network. You can currently filter by status, Type (V1, V2, V3), and the number of stalls. It's pretty neat to change the date sliders to see the state of the network at any given time or to see what locations were added during a certain window of time. For the date slider, you can either slide the tabs or tap on one or both of the date fields and enter a specific date by hand. Same for the number of stalls.
Again, all the links you saved to get to your map view should still work without any changes.

Everything should work better on mobile now too.

If I missed anything, don't hesitate to let me know.

• Supercharger View shows the current state of the supercharger network. You can currently filter by status, Type (V1, V2, V3), and the number of stalls.
Great job! That v3 one is very interesting.
XTgp3Gs.jpg

• Supercharger View shows the current state of the supercharger network. You can currently filter by status, Type (V1, V2, V3), and the number of stalls. It's pretty neat to change the date sliders to see the state of the network at any given time or to see what locations were added during a certain window of time. For the date slider, you can either slide the tabs or tap on one or both of the date fields and enter a specific date by hand. Same for the number of stalls.
Again, all the links you saved to get to your map view should still work without any changes.

This is awesome, thanks again for doing all this work!

Question: Is there way to save a link to a "visited" map?

Possible bug: In the Supercharger view, if I narrow the open range to, say 2012 through 2015, I do indeed get the red dots for the Superchargers that opened during that time. But I also get the blue dots and construction cones for Supercharger sites that in permitting or under construction today. It's easy to turn those off in the filters, but I'm not sure if that's what you intended. This is a great view...I've been searching for a view into the Supercharger network in the past.

Bruce.

Possible bug: In the Supercharger view, if I narrow the open range to, say 2012 through 2015, I do indeed get the red dots for the Superchargers that opened during that time. But I also get the blue dots and construction cones for Supercharger sites that in permitting or under construction today. It's easy to turn those off in the filters, but I'm not sure if that's what you intended. This is a great view...I've been searching for a view into the Supercharger network in the past.

Bruce.
There used to be a "turn back the clock" (or something like that) feature on supercharge.info and I miss it! I can't remember exactly what it was called but you pushed the button and it brought you back to the beginning and then progress through time. Unfortunately you couldn't pause it but you could speed it up or slow it down. It was also kind of annoying because it would jump over to Europe and Asia and the map would zoom way out.

I'd really love to see a similar feature get recreated at some point. Perhaps another project for the guys working on Tableau :) If you do attempt, my recommendation would be to have some type of pause button or be able to advance month by month or even day by day. And definitely separate the superchargers by continent because zooming out to world view isn't very useful unless you are projecting it on a wall or something.

Reactions: NKYTA and bmah
There used to be a "turn back the clock" (or something like that) feature on supercharge.info and I miss it! I can't remember exactly what it was called but you pushed the button and it brought you back to the beginning and then progress through time. Unfortunately you couldn't pause it but you could speed it up or slow it down. It was also kind of annoying because it would jump over to Europe and Asia and the map would zoom way out.

I'd really love to see a similar feature get recreated at some point. Perhaps another project for the guys working on Tableau :) If you do attempt, my recommendation would be to have some type of pause button or be able to advance month by month or even day by day. And definitely separate the superchargers by continent because zooming out to world view isn't very useful unless you are projecting it on a wall or something.

@PLUS EV, the feature is still there but I just tried it and there wasn't the animation through the years so I'm not sure if the feature still works.

upload_2020-11-3_16-53-27.png

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
@PLUS EV, the feature is still there but I just tried it and there wasn't the animation through the years so I'm not sure if the feature still works.

Okay yeah I guess I meant it was still there, but not functional. Unless maybe it works on mobile or some type of different browser. Hasn't been functional for at least a year or two I think.

I'm going to rebuild that but better in Tableau. Maybe this weekend.

Bruce.
Yes. Scroll down below the maps or leaderboards and you'll see a list of pages on the right side. When you click these links, they will take you to a permanent link for that specific dashboard. Use the links to the left of the one labeled "Tabs used for dashboards ->"

The link you are looking for is titled "Competitor maps visited"

upload_2020-11-3_19-45-48.png

Reactions: bmah
To answer your other question, this is not a bug. It is a quirk of that map. Permit and Construction sites don't have any open date. If I disabled nulls to hide them when you change the date range, then you would never be able to see them. When futzing with the time sliders, it is best to turn off permit and construction locations with the filter, just as you did. When I make the history timeline, I might be able just move all time elements to that dashboard.

Reactions: bmah