Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Limited
There has even been a request by some to document a first with photographic evidence of the charger providing kWs. The entire game is predicated on the honor system, so don’t worry if there’s no proof.
Yes, and most of us frequent players post same day to this thread so everyone is aware, especially in dense player markets like SF, SEA, and NE. Congrats @Limited on the 1st, I was surprised it was unclaimed when I charged.

Just another reason I like the app idea, @Teefal; we could do virtual buckles.
For everyone else, especially those with design aspirations - we're going to eventually need award logos, the least of which could be century belt buckles. Just an idea for something to noodle with on the drawing pad while you're waiting to charge up.

My big project is almost live ... last month has been hell, but I get a month off starting Friday night.

December 8th

Washington

Seattle-1201 2nd Ave.

I believe I got the global first on this stealth supercharger, but I really had to earn it. Went down last night at 11pm to find a shuttered garage. Hours are only 6am-6pm apparently due to the pandemic. I decided to stay up and go at 6am rather than fight day time traffic. And of course I was also motivated by the possibility of a global first. Anyways, this leaves a 17 hour window if any of you want to join me for the "game first."

Link to post with some pics:

Supercharger - Seattle, WA (1201 2nd Ave)

Is a Global First one where NO ONE else has charged at this charger because you are there right after the Tesla Techs leave?

Also, on collecting firsts I cannot believe how convenient it is to use Google Sheets to update the spreadsheet from my phone, so I can touch both the SpC and the spreadsheet at the same time. There have been times when I got home so late that I collapsed into bed and then wake up the next day and COMPLETELY forget to put in the first. This is so much better.

Reactions: BM3B and juliusa
December 8:

722: Seattle, WA - 2nd Avenue (first)
38883BA5-561E-4753-B1AF-12BE1342F8E0.jpeg

White pin is the garage entrance. Red arrow is the car at the chargers.

AFD7D02D-2F3E-4E82-B1C5-2FAAAB298D86.jpeg

Great location with a dozen free J-1772.

Is a Global First one where NO ONE else has charged at this charger because you are there right after the Tesla Techs leave?
Yes, at least that is my term for it. Not sure if it is an officially sanctioned term yet :)

Obviously there is some guessing here, but given that no one had reported on this supercharger until it showed up on the Tesla website last night and the garage was closed, and I was there charging alone, first thing in the morning, I think it's pretty likely that I was the first one. At the very least, it was a TMC first :)

I'm fairly confident that I was the first non-Tesla employee to charge at Rock Springs, WY and Traverse City, MI. And there's a decent chance I was first at Monroe, WA. I shoed up at Hermitage, PA when the tech was busy activating the stalls, but I was too polite to bother him and ask if I could plug in. It didn't help that he seemed like he was having some issues with the activation and seemed quite agitated. So I just missed a global first there. I think there might be 1 or 2 others that I've forgotten. I like the global firsts quite a bit, but they are hard to come by these days with so many Tesla owners.

@Limited
There has even been a request by some to document a first with photographic evidence of the charger providing kWs. The entire game is predicated on the honor system, so don’t worry if there’s no proof.

If I could file my amicus brief:

(1) Many of us use Glympse when we are out and about (oot and aboot if you are north of the 49th parallel.) It is easy to follow your rivals to see if they are headed to outlying areas to grab a putative first like Bishop.

(2) Sometimes a stealth Supercharger pops up out of the blue, and by some twist of serendipity we see it on our touchscreen while visiting friends or family so we drop by to get a charge. We have no idea that we are grabbing a first because no one has be following the progress of this stealth Supercharger.

(3) I visited Lincoln CA in October shortly after it was open. I knew it was close to opening three days before I visited it. When I plugged in, I had no way of knowing whether I achieved a "first" or not. If I were to claim a first when another contestant in reality had bagged it earlier, am I supposed to assert that the voting was rigged? Similarly, I visited Pismo Beach (Tivela Stultorum) about two weeks after it opened, and Flyer commented that it was a first. I had no idea.

(4) How can a picture of a plug inserted into the charge port validate that particular location unless one uses a panorama photograph?

(5) With all due respect to the work horses out there, I do not follow all the locations daily to see if they open up when I am traveling. I spend next to no time at all on this site when I am away from home. I only recently started adding my new visits within a day or two because the keepers requested a more timely reporting of a few locations rather than posting a lengthy list spanning several days to weeks.

Therefore, I respectfully agree with defendant Bighorn in the instant case.

@cpa
The photo can try to capture the green flashing ring or the screen charging stats, but it wouldn’t be hard to fake since rarely does a single shot document location and charging status simultaneously.
The only real time I know about my putative firsts is if a station opens serendipitously along my route, which is why I routinely refresh supercharge.info on my excursions. The rest are pleasant surprises divined after the fact.

Thanks @scottf200, that's the one I wanted. Google was no help (although I use DuckDuckGo, so Google wasn't even involved)

I have seen people document their supercharging by snapping a picture of their display showing the car name, the location of the car, and the charging status. But easy to fake. I have been using Glympse for this reason after the issues in San Diego last time

Reactions: scottf200
Nice. Vesey Street was the highlight of my Manhattan trip. How was your experience there?
"Relatively" good, actually. I think the minimum rate is $24.

I got there too early, so they weren't open yet. Had to wait a half hour. Good news is no traffic, though getting through lower Manhattan takes longer than one would think because of the traffic lights. Attendant got there about 10 minutes early to move the cones, and I gave him $20 to charge my car for 5 minutes.

If anyone was watching on Glympse, must have looked strange....

I was expecting the charge - I have been to the other Manhattan locations, and finally broke down and paid for this one. The surprise was the Outer Bridge Crossing to get to Staten Island - $16 to cross the bridge! Thankfully they only charge one way. And it ended being $13.25 on my EZ-Pass statement. I did save $15 on my leg home from Bensalem by taking the back roads and Tappan-Zee bridge instead of the George Washington. Nicer drive off the interstate, avoid about $8 in Jersey Turnpike tolls and TZ bridge is about $7 lower than GW. A little more distance at lower speeds, but probably faster because it was rush hour and avoided the GW bridge area.

I feel bad for the non-locals playing the game, especially if they don't have EZ-Pass. I'm sure they get billed the full toll rates by mail (no toll collectors), and getting whacked with all the tolls and parking fees at once would be hard to swallow. Well over $100 to clear the area.

On a sad note, I did visit a friend in PA (properly distanced outside on his porch with masks). His son was diagnosed with brain cancer freshman year at college. Sadly, he is nearing the end of his 7+ year battle.