Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few more:

Virginia

Richmond

Maryland

National Harbor
Gaithersburg

Delaware

Lewes

New Jersey

Woodbridge
Jersey City-Mall
Jersey City-First Street

New York

Brooklyn
Clinton Corners

Connecticut

Manchester

Massachusetts

Leominster
Boston-Prudential Center
Boston-Allstate Road
Cambridge

Maine

Freeport

Quebec

Levis
Baie-Saint-Paul

Reactions: JSergeant
After having more experience with the urban superchargers and valet superchargers, I have some more thoughts to add.

First, I still think we can't exclude urban superchargers as there are many that are FREE and some that are not even in particularly urban locations. Tesla never explicitly stated it, but I somewhat suspect that this is just more of a Supercharger 2.0 than really a drastically different program. I would not be surprised if at some point going forward they convert all or most to the urban style. Yes, they are somewhat slower, but they are also have less tapering, don't have the pairing issue, and appear to be more reliable and consistent (based on my limited experience. This could change as they age!). All in all, I don't think they are much worse than the traditional supercharger design. Perhaps if they could keep working on the design and get the kW up closer to 100kW, they could even become superior.

Now to the valet chargers... In my opinion, these are fairly useless unless you live or work nearby and don't have charging at home. Furthermore, it is completely ridiculous to pursue them for the purposes of this contest. It's not fun and I honestly don't even like having someone else drive my car in super tight parking garages. Driving a nice car through NYC with all the construction and potholes is also a nightmare, but that is a different matter. This could be a case where it might make sense to agree to not count the valet only superchargers. I'm not a huge fan of arbitrary rules and I could see some issues where places are valet only at some times and not at others or they just change from a valet garage to a regular garage. I'll leave it up to the consensus of the forum, but if you guys agree to not count them, I'm totally fine with having Jersey City-First Street and Brooklyn removed from my list.

You'll notice I didn't even bother to try to charge at Mott Street. Literally drove within a block of it and didn't stop. If you want to know why, just take a look at the thread lol. The experience at Brooklyn was not so bad. You drop your car off curbside, they give you a ticket and they charge you something like $8. You text them when you want them to retrieve your car and they pull it around within 10 minutes. I watched with the app and they did seem to park and plug it in promptly.

Jersey City-First Street is a tiny garage with super tight spaces. They even have car elevators. You pull in and the chargers are right there. They may park it for you or let you park it yourself, but be careful because the car is so wide and the spaces are tiny. I ended up with some "curb rash" on one of my wheels due to some metal from the car elevator sticking out into the space. You literally have only a couple inches to spare on each side to avoid this. I think the fee was $7.

In Boston, the Prudential Center was super expensive and inconveniently located for a drive-by, but very conveniently located if you actually have business in the city center. You can park it yourself and the process was relatively easy all things considered. Cambridge is a mall parking garage that is pay parking. I only plugged in for a few minutes and left right away and ended up not having to pay anything. They don't advertise it but perhaps the first 15 minutes or so are FREE. The process was relatively painless. The Allstate Road supercharger in South Boston was a FREE supercharger on the top floor of a mall parking garage. No different than many of the urban superchargers you see in California and also Plano, TX. The only difficulty here was winding up the 6 floors of the parking garage to get to the superchargers located on the roof.

After having more experience with the urban superchargers and valet superchargers, I have some more thoughts to add. First, I still think we can't exclude urban superchargers as there are many that are FREE and some that are not even in particularly urban locations. <snip>

I agree as well but have only seen 2 urban sites (Miami, FL and Scottsdale, AZ). As JSergeant recently discovered, the Miami location is not very well marked on Nav or even once inside the garage although Scottsdale is quite fun to get to. Perhaps it is more like the Boston one (I've not been there yet) where it is great if you have a reason to be in Miami for business or shopping but to stop there just to check it off the list can be a bit of a pain.

I'm in the minority with my throttled supercharging but those sites means I no longer have a disadvantage with my 95 kW max charging so I am looking forward to visiting more urban superchargers. I had higher kW numbers at the Scottsdale urban charger than I did at 3 or 4 of the west Texas FULL superchargers. Ha.

Now to the valet chargers... In my opinion, these are fairly useless unless you live or work nearby and don't have charging at home. Furthermore, it is completely ridiculous to pursue them for the purposes of this contest. <snip>

I agree with this. I previously mentioned something like "free supercharging" vs "pay to park and free supercharging" as the distinction that we should use for the list but I'll modify it to "paying a Valet to park your car or located in a non-Public garage" should be excluded while paying to park in a garage at a mall, shopping center, airport, etc. would not be considered a "Valet" lot and those chargers should definitely be counted (Normal, IL and Miami, FL for example).

At some point, we'll end up having our count indicated with as asterisk and a footnote to the charger list will include places such as Cleveland Service Center and Warsaw, SC and Brooklyn, NY as visited but "to-be-determined" and not yet counted in the official tally.

For some reason I wasn’t getting notifications from this thread, so this flurry of activity is news to me.

Did you ever notice if there was anything in your alerts to this thread from about the last time you saw a post? I just noticed that today with mine where a post from 1:47 AM was in my notification and the default of "there might be more posts after this."

I missed PLUS EV's updated list of chargers as well as a decent reply to the rules from 2:29 PM ... a FULL 12.5 hrs later. I wonder what the timeframe is for posts received that get included into the "there might be more posts after this" umbrella. It might just include EVERY response until you visit the thread again and once you miss a notification and it gets buried then it might never pop up again until you visit the thread.

Not sure but yes I've missed some responses I was involved in for a spell until I checked the thread but don't know if that is what happened with yours.

Did you ever notice if there was anything in your alerts to this thread from about the last time you saw a post? I just noticed that today with mine where a post from 1:47 AM was in my notification and the default of "there might be more posts after this."

I missed PLUS EV's updated list of chargers as well as a decent reply to the rules from 2:29 PM ... a FULL 12.5 hrs later. I wonder what the timeframe is for posts received that get included into the "there might be more posts after this" umbrella. It might just include EVERY response until you visit the thread again and once you miss a notification and it gets buried then it might never pop up again until you visit the thread.

Not sure but yes I've missed some responses I was involved in for a spell until I checked the thread but don't know if that is what happened with yours.

Same issue for me. The last alert I got was from EVie'sDad's post and that Bighorn had rec'd my post. Nothing on PLUS EV's post or yours.

I think it was close to two weeks without a notification and there were pages of new responses. Top of the thread still indicated that I was "watching" thread, so I have no explanation.

If anything, @PLUS EV 's miserable descriptions of utilizing valets in tight garages prone to wheel rash and door dings bolsters my opinion that those circumstances shouldn't be part of the competition. Having toured several of the urban chargers around Scottsdale, it's clear that there's not an easy delineator by the charging capability. I think if we can agree to agree on which ones should remain fair game, that can be codified in the google map so everyone's playing the same game card.

Reactions: Darren S
Today was a bit more productive - drove about 473 miles and added two SpC's: Oxford, AL; Dickson, TN, bringing my total to 449.

I also stopped at Athens, AL which I've visited before. A couple of the Supercharger cables on 1B and 2B would not stay in their holsters so were dangling on the ground. I called that in to Tesla. A maintenance person from the Fairfield Inn came over to tell me that 'there was nothing he could do to fix them, it was Tesla's responsibility, and he seemed to indicate that other owners had called in about this issue.

When I went to choose Dickson, TN as my next stop, the Nav system told me it was temporarily closed. I called Tesla to find out what was going on, since I planned to stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Dickson specifically so that I could charge while there. Tesla said their info showed Dickson was open, but a couple of the chargers were delivering sub-optimal amps. When I got here, 4A seemed to be working, which is good enough for me. It also looks like at least one of these SpC's has the same issue of the cable not staying in the holster.

If anything, @PLUS EV 's miserable descriptions of utilizing valets in tight garages prone to wheel rash and door dings bolsters my opinion that those circumstances shouldn't be part of the competition. Having toured several of the urban chargers around Scottsdale, it's clear that there's not an easy delineator by the charging capability. I think if we can agree to agree on which ones should remain fair game, that can be codified in the google map so everyone's playing the same game card.

I didn't want to pour salt in his fresh curb rash but I had similar thoughts.

How about a list in the Wiki table or a link to a document somewhere that lists the valid locations and then clarifies others. I don't want to make more work for someone but the list shouldn't need to be modified very often.

Today was a bit more productive - drove about 473 miles and added two SpC's: Oxford, AL; Dickson, TN, bringing my total to 449.

Wow, that's almost 200% improvement over yesterday's 420 miles for a single new superchargers. Tomorrow you will either drive 800 miles for 2 chargers or 400 miles for 4. :)

I'm both looking forward to and also not looking forward to the time when I'm in the same boat of "drive 500 miles and only add 1 new location."

This happens to me on this forum from time to time even with threads (like this) that I follow routinely. I don't really know what the algorithm is but it isn't very good!

I'd agree if we want to eliminate Superchargers that require paid valet parking - e.g. Brooklyn, Mott St, NYC, Jersey City (1st St) - I'd have to remove that last one from my count. Although I'd also be fine with leaving all of them in. It's all in fun after all, and if someone wants to go for all including the valet ones, why not? I'm more worried about whether we count the Mexican ones, as I'm not sure I want to drive my Model S into Mexico.

Rather than creating an exclusion list for challenging or pay-to-charge sites, I would prefer that everything remain fair game. The challenging sites are like extra credit - not necessary, but they’re there if you’re up for the challenge.

I charged at the Lynnwood, WA Supercharger to my list a couple of days ago; my first urban Supercharger. :cool:

Rather than creating an exclusion list for challenging or pay-to-charge sites, I would prefer that everything remain fair game. The challenging sites are like extra credit - not necessary, but they’re there if you’re up for the challenge.

I charged at the Lynnwood, WA Supercharger to my list a couple of days ago; my first urban Supercharger. :cool:
Fair enough. I could go either way. But the 3 that JSergeant mentioned were the 3 that I found objectionable (so far... will report back on Chicago next week lol). Also the fee at Prudential Center in Boston is quite high. I think it was $18. Other than these 3 valet only sites and Prudential, most of the ones with fees are rather nominal, like $3 or less and many with potential validation.

And I still don't get why Lynnwood was an "urban" supercharger, but I guess it's about as urban as Plano, TX. That was the first site that made me think, they might just be leaning towards doing the urban style superchargers everywhere going forward.

I haven't looked at how the Mexican states in the Level 4 State department travel warning align with the route, but since Mexico is part of North America, I think it should be included. I wouldn't veto the Valet spots, but I'm sure it will grate on my OCD to skip an eligible charger. Given the number of overall chargers though, I don't think it will ever dictate the leader, so I'd accept either outcome.
The Chicago charger was not a big deal after hours when they only charged $5 instead of $20. Jockeying wasn't much different than indoor mall parking in Atlanta.

<snip> I'm more worried about whether we count the Mexican ones, as I'm not sure I want to drive my Model S into Mexico.

I haven't looked at how the Mexican states in the Level 4 State department travel warning align with the route, but since Mexico is part of North America, I think it should be included. <snip>

Mexico should definitely be included just as Canada is. It just might take a lot longer to visit them with the travel concerns. I was interested in trying to visit them but I might just visit the one near Monterrey only due to the current travel warnings from Mexico Travel Advisory.

Here is the current map of superchargers, their city and state, as well as a list of states to avoid visiting, and states to reconsider visiting. Basically all states are at Level 2 "exercise increased caution" except for the one near Monterrey which is ~190 miles from both Laredo, TX and McAllen, TX.

Superchargers_Mexico travel warnings_2018-04-10.jpg

Reactions: IdaX
@Darren S
Thanks--that map is helpful. I don't think I'd have a problem traveling through Level 2 as it's comparable to many US cities. Don't have a good feel for Level 3 which is what must be traversed to get to the bulk of the chargers. Appears that one of the furthest chargers is in Level 4 which would be frustrating to orphan. I wonder if a caravan would provide sufficient safety in numbers.

Reactions: Darren S