Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoS Trip Day 36

Although this was a shorter day than the last two, it felt longer, due to the heat, the Las Vegas traffic and the frustration at not getting the Tivoli Village charger because all six were occupied and there was a row of cars waiting (we were too fed up to wait around for it), and maybe losing an hour because of changing time zones.

Also, St George Convention Center Drive only has two of the four chargers working, so when we first stopped by they were both occupied. I went back out at 9:30 to use it. The temperature in St George is still 99 at 10 pm. I don't care whether it's dry heat or not, 99 is still unpleasant.

1022. White Hills, AZ
1023. Las Vegas - The LINQ High Roller, NV
1024. Las Vegas - Grand Central Parkway, NV
1025. Las Vegas - Alta Drive, NV
1026. St. George - Convention Center Drive, UT

Our original plan was to spend two nights in Moab and visit some of the national parks, but due to the heat we have decided to scrap that and head to Austin, TX two days early. Austin is actually cooler than St George right now. We're going to stay in Flagstaff tomorrow, which is going to be 21 degrees cooler than here.

Moab gets pretty hot in (almost) summer even without the recent heat wave (due to break today). There's a reason high season in Moab is April and October!

I've been hiding out in my mountains avoiding the heat. The usual pattern here is windows open at night when it is cool and closed during the day when it is hot. Thus far I've never lived in a place that required air conditioning and I'd like to keep it that way!

For those looking to beat the heat in summer in the Southwest, I'll put in a plug for Cedar Breaks National Monument, near Cedar City UT (now with its own Supercharger Station, at last). Cedar Breaks NM is at 10,000 feet elevation and cool in summer, while everything lower is blazing hot. Peak wildflower season is usually July. If camping isn't your thing, lodging might be available at nearby Brian Head ski area.

Rampart trail vista Cedar Breaks NM2098edsf 8-27-18.jpg
^ Cedar Breaks National Monument

Bristlecone pine Cedar Breaks NM2090sf 8-27-18.jpg
^ A bristlecone pine at Cedar Breaks NM. Yes, there are bristlecone pines in Utah and Colorado, in addition to the more famous ones in the White Mountains of California.

Another place to visit in summer is my local National Park: Black Canyon of the Gunnison. At 8000 feet it stays relatively cool in summer. Only twelve miles from the Montrose CO Supercharger Station.

Black Canyon Gunnison Point1367sf 6-2-15.jpg Black Canyon at Kneeling Camel2317ed 7-30-09.jpg Black Canyon at Balanced Rock2315ed 7-30-09.jpg
^ Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park

Last edited:
We're going to stay in Flagstaff tomorrow, which is going to be 21 degrees cooler than here.

Yep, Flagstaff is just shy of 7,000 feet elevation, much higher than southern Utah. I believe you will gain about 5,000 feet in elevation from Page to Flagstaff. So, you'll get a well-deserved cooler day and brisk night/early morning.

And you are missing the monsoon season there, which generally ramps up in early July through much of August.

Reminds me of a camping trip we did at Arches with similar night time temperatures. Brutal. It makes you appreciate the parts of the country that cool off at night.

Places in California that cool off in the evenings after a hot afternoon include. . .

South Shore and the perimeter of Lake Tahoe
Truckee and north of Truckee towards Graeagle and Clio
Grass Valley/Nevada City
Mammoth Lakes
Susanville
Alturas--including east of the Warner Mountains in Surprise Valley. There is a small cottage in Lake City that has an 80A HPWC, if interested. The owner is a
Californio whose ancestors settled near Coloma. His wife is from South Africa. Interesting people.
Bridgeport
Weaverville
Yreka/Weed/Mt. Shasta City/Dunsmuir

Also, campgrounds that go into the eastern slope and canyons of the Sierra from US395 out of Bishop (South Lake, Sabrina, Bishop Creek Canyon) or Bridgeport (Twin Lakes), the June Lake Loop, and west up SR120 towards Yosemite (Saddlebag and Ellery Lakes) will cool off nicely once the sun is behind the mountains.

Many years ago I went camping up Bishop Creek Canyon the weekend before Mother's Day. Fishing season had opened the previous Saturday. We arrived late Friday night, and it started to snow lightly. By morning it was about 25°; the high during the afternoon was a robust 30°. The rod guides kept freezing as I rewound the fishing line, so catching any trout became an issue. The three of us caught all of one fish which was returned to the creek.

Upon departing the next morning the temperatures were still in the high 20s. When we made it down to Bishop for breakfast around 8:15, the temperatures in the Owens Valley were already 70°, heading to the high 80s for the day. Needless to say, we changed out of our winter wear into something more suitable for summer.

There can be drastic temperature swings in the mountainous areas of California.

• Informative
Reactions: Bighorn
Places in California that cool off in the evenings after a hot afternoon include. . .

Grass Valley/Nevada City
Mammoth Lakes
Susanville
Alturas--including east of the Warner Mountains in Surprise Valley. There is a small cottage in Lake City that has an 80A HPWC, if interested. The owner is a
Californio whose ancestors settled near Coloma. His wife is from South Africa. Interesting people.
Bridgeport
Weaverville

Also, campgrounds that go into the eastern slope and canyons of the Sierra from US395 out of Bishop (South Lake, Sabrina, Bishop Creek Canyon) or Bridgeport (Twin Lakes), the June Lake Loop, and west up SR120 towards Yosemite (Saddlebag and Ellery Lakes) will cool off nicely once the sun is behind the mountains.

Many years ago I went camping up Bishop Creek Canyon the weekend before Mother's Day. Fishing season had opened the previous Saturday. We arrived late Friday night, and it started to snow lightly. By morning it was about 25°; the high during the afternoon was a robust 30°. The rod guides kept freezing as I rewound the fishing line, so catching any trout became an issue. The three of us caught all of one fish which was returned to the creek.

Upon departing the next morning the temperatures were still in the high 20s. When we made it down to Bishop for breakfast around 8:15, the temperatures in the Owens Valley were already 70°, heading to the high 80s for the day. Needless to say, we changed out of our winter wear into something more suitable for summer.

We are similarly blessed in the Big Horns. Seems most places to the east that are hazy, hot, and humid stay that way 24/7.

Reactions: dgpcolorado

Grass Valley/Nevada City
Mammoth Lakes
Susanville
Bridgeport
Weaverville

In Southern California I'll suggest Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains. High enough to be pleasant in the summer. Can get a bit crowded, however, given the proximity to Los Angeles metro area.

Second: Keith and I discussed a couple of times the possibility of adding the "Superchargers Visited" feature to supercharge.info. It would not be a difficult project. I actually did most of it some time ago, when our database was part of the actual blog thread. (That was when it was based on Google Maps, before Google made that too annoying for small projects.) Supercharge.info is SOOOO much more responsive than Tableau. And it has a built-in trip-planning (and -saving) feature, keyed off the user's TMC login (assuming you chose the same id when you created your supercharge.info account).

I propose that we approach Cory about adding this feature. I assume that the Google Sheets API works well enough to make this possible. Another advantage would be that the Superchargers Visited database and the supercharge.info chargers database could be more tightly linked (or possibly merged) to banish the occasional name mismatches in chargers.

I've always felt that integration with supercharge.info would be the ideal outcome. I would be happy to support in any way I can. I wonder if @aNullValue would be willing to integrate (or leverage) his database work to get it into the backend of supercharge.info in partnership with @corywright?

Hi everyone :)

I can't make any promises for a timeline of rolling it out, but adding a feature to track which Superchargers a user has visited is something I personally want to see on supercharge.info. I also think it'd be neat to provide a way for everyone here to import their data once that feature is available. Once we are ready to begin working on it then I'll reach out on this thread for suggestions.

SoS Trip Day 37

1027. Cedar City, UT
1028. Tusayan, AZ

We're in Flagstaff, which was a respectable 88 when we arrived just after 6pm, and is now 76 at 8pm. My kind of place.

Only participants in this crazy competition would understand driving all the way to the Grand Canyon and not even stopping to look at the view! [We've visited before and anyway it was too hot :) ]

For simplicity in rearranging our trip to skip Moab, we are going to have a lazy day tomorrow, just driving 183 miles to Gallup, which allows us to stay with the same hotels, just 2 days earlier. We hope to be able to check out the WPA artwork and more recent murals in Gallup.

SoS Trip Day 37.JPG
SoS Trip Day 37b.JPG

Last edited:
Try wrapping the supercharger handle with a wet rag. Works wonders at keeping the speeds up in the blazing sun.
I wish I had remembered that trick today at Page, AZ - the charging speed dropped pretty quickly to about 56 kW even though I had only about 140 miles of range when I noticed the drop. The handle was too hot to touch when I unplugged it.

What's the rationale for why that works? Does the handle contain electronics which control/affect the charging rate?

Reactions: Big Earl and DavidB
Moab gets pretty hot in (almost) summer even without the recent heat wave (due to break today). There's a reason high season in Moab is April and October!

I've been hiding out in my mountains avoiding the heat. The usual pattern here is windows open at night when it is cool and closed during the day when it is hot. Thus far I've never lived in a place that required air conditioning and I'd like to keep it that way!

For those looking to beat the heat in summer in the Southwest, I'll put in a plug for Cedar Breaks National Monument, near Cedar City UT (now with its own Supercharger Station, at last). Cedar Breaks NM is at 10,000 feet elevation and cool in summer, while everything lower is blazing hot. Peak wildflower season is usually July. If camping isn't your thing, lodging might be available at nearby Brian Head ski area.

View attachment 674927
^ Cedar Breaks National Monument

View attachment 674929
^ A bristlecone pine at Cedar Breaks NM. Yes, there are bristlecone pines in Utah and Colorado, in addition to the more famous ones in the White Mountains of California.

Another place to visit in summer is my local National Park: Black Canyon of the Gunnison. At 8000 feet it stays relatively cool in summer. Only twelve miles from the Montrose CO Supercharger Station.

View attachment 674933 View attachment 674954 View attachment 674931
^ Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park
Another vote for Ceder Breaks NM, It was a delightful surprise. We stayed at Grand Lodge at Brian Head, they have 16kw destination chargers and was a great place away from the summer crowds and reasonably close to Bryce Canyon.

In our way to Italy we managed to visited 6 new superchargers
Congrats on reaching 200, nice milestone. I've been watching you closing in on me on the European leaderboard and then just cruise on by. Yesterday Norway finally lifted some of the strictest restrictions on going abroad, so I'm back in the competition now :cool:

Anyway, good job 👍

I wish I had remembered that trick today at Page, AZ - the charging speed dropped pretty quickly to about 56 kW even though I had only about 140 miles of range when I noticed the drop. The handle was too hot to touch when I unplugged it.

What's the rationale for why that works? Does the handle contain electronics which control/affect the charging rate?
There is a temperature sensor in the connector that reduces power when it gets too hot. The wet rag cools the connector down with evaporative cooling (this trick works best when humidity is low). I’ve heard the argument that it’s just fooling the system and not actually cooling the connector, but after several tests I can confirm that it does cool the entire connector.

Last edited:
I got a few more here in the Bay Area today.

6/18/2021

El Cerrito, CA

San Mateo, CA

Palo Alto, CA - Stanford Shopping Center

East Palo Alto, CA

Richmond, CA - Meeker Avenue
Hey, you missed the 3 Alameda chargers. If you come back this way let me know. Looks like you left yourself enough chargers in the Bay Area to break the record for a single day. Just get some sleep and get up at midnight and spend 24 hours touching every single charger. If you do that don't bother trying to meet up with anyone until you can sleep again at the end of those 24 hours.

Last edited: