Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
...BTW.... Not to revive a long dead topic...but I was wondering what the deal was with the Cleveland Tesla Service Center and why it was on the map (supercharge.info). Before setting off on my journey I did not read thru all the scores of messages in this thread to get the details about that one. All I saw was that there were 4 chargers on the map there and I thought it would be cool to get them all. I knew I wanted to go all the way to Erie and since I was hitting all the SC's on the way there I was only bothering to charge up a little bit at each one. However, I did stop in Macedonia and had lunch across the street there and I just let me car charge while I was eating.

Then I actually drove to the Cleveland Service Center and went around the parking lot looking for the charger. Then I got out the phone and realized that it's listed as only one stall (and it's not on the map in the car). So I came to the same conclusion that @PLUS EV did when he was there and I didn't even bother going in. I had pretty much a full charge and I didn't want to bother the folks there so that I could plug the car in for 5 minutes so that I could add that one to my count.

When I got back home today I noticed that no one has that one listed as a visited SC and then I finally did go back and read thru this thread and see the lengthy discussion that @Darren S and others have had on the topic. I suppose I just wanted to say that I too came to the same conclusion as others regarding this one, and these type.

The funny thing is...I could get this one. The Cleveland Service Center is my home one (we have none in Michigan), and I'm getting the touchscreen replaced on my car next month. So I could easily arrange it so that my car needed charging when it got there. But that just seems wrong...so I'm glad the official ruling is that these types of locations do not count as they are not open to the public. Because if they did then I'd be lobbying to count the Service Center in Minneapolis, which has the exact same setup. I drove my car over there to get them to fix one of my tires and I definitely got it Supercharged while the car was there (I brought the car there and the "valet drove it 25 feet" to plug it in).

Anyway, as stated, I'm glad these do not count towards the official total, however to me it seems wrong that this one is even on the map of open "Superchargers". Perhaps it's worth revisiting this topic again and maybe @BlueShift will see my point of view on this. .

When I think of a Supercharger I think of a multi-stall location that is available to the public where the primary purpose of the location is to charge my car. What I don't think about is a Service Center that has normal business hours and the single SC is locked up inside the building at the end of the day. Some Service Centers do have actual Superchargers co-located with them (Cincinnati, OH and Seaside, CA are two that I've personally used). Those should show up on the map as Superchargers...because they are...both. But Tesla does not even consider Cleveland as a Supercharger. It's not listed on their website as a Supercharger, nor does it show up in the car as a place where you can charge your car. It's only considered to be a Service Center.

Therefore I think supercharge.info should remove Cleveland from the map. It's not at all the same thing as some of the other "Limited Hours" type locations that are on the map. The place in New York is intended to be a Supercharger. Tesla lists it as a Supercharger, you're encouraged to go there and use it...just within the hours of operation of the location. None of that is true about Cleveland. Tesla does not want owners showing up with their car even during normal business hours to try and charge their car at the Cleveland Service Center. They want you to drive to one of the other three locations in town and charge there instead.

To me a Supercharger should only be a place that Tesla intends to support as a Supercharger. If it's not on the Tesla map in the car as a Supercharger, if it's not on the website as a Tesla Supercharger, if they don't want you to show up and use it...then it isn't a Supercharger, even though there might happen to be one there.

Reactions: Darren S
Agreed about Cleveland and we should at least pull it from our contest map to reduce confusion.
In fact I have just done that - I have changed it's status on my Google Sheet to 'Not Public'. I have also changed the Mott Street, NYC one to 'Open Limited', and not included either one in the Open chargers for the maps.

Speaking of which, I just updated them this evening to reflect everyones's status as of today, and the Charger statuses as of today.

I have moved Darren S onto the first map, and moved NKYTA onto the second map along with tes-s. If you just refresh the link you should see the updated data.

@PLUS EV, @Bighorn, @Darren S, @NKYTA, @tes-s

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA and PLUS EV
In fact I have just done that - I have changed it's status on my Google Sheet to 'Not Public'. I have also changed the Mott Street, NYC one to 'Open Limited', and not included either one in the Open chargers for the maps.

Speaking of which, I just updated them this evening to reflect everyones's status as of today, and the Charger statuses as of today.

I have moved Darren S onto the first map, and moved NKYTA onto the second map along with tes-s. If you just refresh the link you should see the updated data.

Awesome--Cleveland increasingly hanging out there all by itself, helplessly, was going to bother me:)

Awesome--Cleveland increasingly hanging out there all by itself, helplessly, was going to bother me:)

Yeah...I'm that way too. It's not a Supercharger if you have to know both the secret handshake and the passphrase in order to use it.

Besides...like you I didn't want that one red dot showing up in a state where I have all the rest of the Superchargers. :) (Until they open some new ones anyway...)

I'm already having a similar bothersome issue with Madison, WI where no matter how I order the layers the red dot (the new SC) always covers the green dot (for the SC that I have used there). I guess that's where I'm going to have to go next...there and Peru, IL. That one all by itself I need to get too... Oh, now I see how this really gets addicting... Ha...!

upload_2018-6-25_8-4-36.png

<snip> Speaking of which, I just updated them this evening to reflect everyones's status as of today, and the Charger statuses as of today.

Thanks, JSergeant. It's bittersweet swapping spots with my new friend @NKYTA from his spot on the 1st / main map with my spot on the 2nd map. I'm in a small lull at 490 and don't see an easy way to hit 500 without a romp through NYC / Brooklyn (and without driving 2,000 miles in a weekend) so I keep putting off my weekend trip for the next Century, or rather, pre-planned weekend events are taking up my chance to visit them.

Reactions: NKYTA
<snip> I'm already having a similar bothersome issue with Madison, WI where no matter how I order the layers the red dot (the new SC) always covers the green dot (for the SC that I have used there). I guess that's where I'm going to have to go next...there and Peru, IL. That one all by itself I need to get too... Oh, now I see how this really gets addicting... Ha...!

Welcome to the addiction club, @IT Geek.

I have found that the layers at the bottom of the layer list on the left are on top of layers above it in the list so that should be how you can arrange to have the Green dot on top of the Red dot. I would think you'd want the Red dot to supersede though so you don't assume you've already visited Madison.

For example, in the left image, I have my "to be visited" layer on top since I concentrate on those instead of previously-visited ones. Orange (to be visited) is on top of dark green (2018 visits) which is on top of light green (2016 visits).

In the right image, if I move the "2018 visits" to the bottom of the layer list then it is visually on top in the map view.

upload_2018-6-25_9-16-37.png

• Helpful
Reactions: IT Geek
I have found that the layers at the bottom of the layer list on the left are on top of layers above it in the list so that should be how you can arrange to have the Green dot on top of the Red dot. I would think you'd want the Red dot to supersede though so you don't assume you've already visited Madison.

Doh. I didn't muck around with it enough to realize I could drag the layer names and reorder them. You're right though I likely do want the Madison ones to remind me that there's a new one there to visit. Besides, the 8 stall one should be over the 3 stall one anyway. :)

I've never seen that layering menu, but speaking of layering, I don't like how on the NAV, sometimes a destination charger flag will overlie a supercharger flag, totally obscuring it. I think SC flags should take priority.

If you are on your custom My Maps page from a mobile device you might need to click "Legend" to see the layers to enable / disable and then click "Legend" again to hide the layers. Layers don't appear on normal Google Maps afaik.

I've used the Destination charger indicator on the map probably 3 times ever and that was probably after zooming into an area and noticing there isn't a supercharger within 200 miles of it. So it isn't an issue for me but it would be nice for a supercharger to be the priority. Perhaps that could be an option in the Settings screen but then they should add "Avoid Highways / Avoid Tolls / Avoid Ferries" as well as "Add Waypoint" so that will probably never end up being an option.

Sad that our 10-yr old VW vehicle lets us add Waypoints but the Tesla nav still doesn't. That's probably why I rely so heavily on the browser for A Better Route Planner for some of my more adventurous routes so I can plan a day or two in advance rather than only 1 or at most 2 or 3 stops down the road.

Just touching the lightning bolt on the Nav map brings up SCs and destination chargers--something I do routinely with seat-of-the-pants navigating.

Well, the superchargers are in "always on" mode and can't be disabled or hidden and I find it rare that I need to hit a destination charger so I almost never enable them. I find PlugShare much more useful since it shows ALL chargers and not just HPWCs like the nav screen.

I can only charge at 40A / 10 kW and many J1772s are close enough to a 40A HPWC that I just use PlugShare if needing anything other than a supercharger on road trips.

If you have a multi stop route mapped on Nav, it hides the SCs you won’t be using. Sometimes you end up needing them. Fortunately, the FW will now reroute you to an intermediate charger rather than telling you that you won’t make it.

And that is exactly why I basically never do a multi-stop route in the car's nav and/or let the car auto-assume which chargers I'll need to visit. Often times I will divert from the direct route to visit an intermediate one as it is new to me or I prefer it to the chargers chosen by the nav.

It still baffles me that you can't exclude or set a preference for certain chargers. I always prefer stopping at Cambridge, OH or Grove City, OH and Louisville, KY as they have food, lodging, and bathrooms near them as opposed to Blue Ash, OH which is at a Tesla Service Center and has zero food or lodging available (even though for the longest time the nav showed that Food and Lodging were available there but they did eventually update the nav to indicate the proper amenities available). For some reason, my car almost always wants me to stop at Blue Ash so the only way to force it to skip that is to do a single point-to-point route and manually remove that charging stop instead of letting the nav pick a multi-stop route for me.

As of ~9-12 months ago, the route planner in the nav wants to get you to a destination with at least 20% SOC remaining and that is sometimes WAY too much charge as it requires a much longer stop at a previous charger when arriving with 20-30 miles (7-12%) remaining is plenty of buffer for me. Plus, as above, I'd prefer to stay longer at Grove City and have BBQ rather than a 10-minute charge and a longer stop at the Service Center.

For 1 or 2 or maybe 3 charger stop routes, the nav's multi-stop route will be fine since there isn't a need to stop for a full meal or lodging on such a short trip but once it gets into 4 and 5 or more stops I prefer the flexibility of A Better Route Planner on the car's browser (or EV Trip Planner but it doesn't fare as well on the browser) where I can specify the departure time, the time to charge, and most importantly the charging kW. That last part is probably the main reason that I use ABRP so much as my car is limited to just 95 kW and I bet the vehicle assumes I can still charge at 118-120 kW which hasn't happened since it was 1 or 2 months old.

The next time I head out somewhere I will do a quick comparison to the vehicle's multi-stop route to my preferred settings in ABRP and see how close or different they are. The next route will most likely NOT be a direct route for more than about 2 or at most 3 chargers so it might not be the best test.

• Informative
Reactions: Vern Padgett
Thanks, JSergeant. It's bittersweet swapping spots with my new friend @NKYTA from his spot on the 1st / main map with my spot on the 2nd map. I'm in a small lull at 490 and don't see an easy way to hit 500 without a romp through NYC / Brooklyn (and without driving 2,000 miles in a weekend) so I keep putting off my weekend trip for the next Century, or rather, pre-planned weekend events are taking up my chance to visit them.

No worries Darren, you deserve a spot on the leaders page. @JSergeant thanks again!!

I have hit 100.
Please update my list.
I added 2 more to the "Local in Colorado" (total of 9).
and then 2 for Sounds of Silence trip.
and now 23 for Oregon-California trip.
We spent last night in San Francisco and then did the Bay Area superchargers listed from 8am to 11am today with lots of traffic.
We usually find the SC fairly easily but it took a while to find the Cupertino SC; was on the 2nd floor of the parking garage, the 1st floor had non-Tesla chargers.
We will be driving back from Roseville CA to Colorado tomorrow but alas no new superchargers.
Thanks.

100 Total

(9) Local in Colorado
Estes Park CO
Boulder CO

(2) Sounds of Silence 2018
Custer SD
Spearfish SD

(23) OR-CA 2018
Evanston WY
Tremonton UT
Twin Falls ID
Boise ID
Baker City OR
Pendelton OR
The Dalles OR
Tigar OR
Woodburn OR
Eugene OR
Grants Pass OR
Mt Shasta CA
Corning CA
Roseville CA
Sacramento CA
Fairfield CA
Concord CA
San Mateo - Foster City CA
San Mateo CA
Mountain View CA
Sunnyvale CA
Cupertino CA
Manteca CA

When we went Shasta we actually went to both Shasta #1 and Shasta #2 (see attached photos).
I was not sure of the rule for Shasta but upon reading some posts in June it seems like I can count both of these.
If this can be counted as 2, please update add Mt Shasta #2 to the OR-CA trip.
thanks.
IMG_3884.JPG
IMG_3885.JPG

Reactions: Bighorn