Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW I believe they no longer list the supercharger at the service center in Burbank, CA in the Nav either. I assume the reason is that they built a 20-stall supercharger at a nearby mall and want people to use that instead. I was at the Burbank service center during business hours once and it really was a zoo. There was an employee there just to direct the cars in and out of the supercharger stalls and some of the stalls were no doubt occupied by vehicles being serviced.

My vehicle Nav only shows the non-Service Center Burbank supercharger. The Service Center is where the red circle is. The Service Center charger IS listed on supercharge.info and A Better Route Planner but is NOT listed on the vehicle Nav, PlugShare, or EV Trip Planner. I'll have to keep this in mind if I get out that way.

upload_2018-4-29_13-26-55.png

Can you add the following to my list (I am slowly moving up, will never catch the greats out there, but hey, fun to see the count go up)
Las Vegas (southern one) NV, Primm NV, Baker CA, Yermo CA, Barstow CA, Rancho Cucamonga CA, Santa Ana CA, Burbank CA, Needles CA, Kingman AZ, Flagstaff AZ.

That should take me up to a whopping 22 (doubled the number I had with this family vacation :) Would have hit more in CA, but time just did not permit stops at some of the places with tired family.

You m
Can you add the following to my list (I am slowly moving up, will never catch the greats out there, but hey, fun to see the count go up)
Las Vegas (southern one) NV, Primm NV, Baker CA, Yermo CA, Barstow CA, Rancho Cucamonga CA, Santa Ana CA, Burbank CA, Needles CA, Kingman AZ, Flagstaff AZ.

That should take me up to a whopping 22 (doubled the number I had with this family vacation :) Would have hit more in CA, but time just did not permit stops at some of the places with tired family.
You moved out of a 5-way tie at 11 into a 5-way tie at 22 :rolleyes:

Well it NEARLY cost me a 600-mile mistake (the distance from me to Montreal) so I'm very glad that I spotted it on one of the other maps before leaving the area. It DID mean that I got to experience the super-gnarly Construction zone traffic 3 times heading through their town and twice at quitting time on a weekday.

I'm not sure why they would remove any publicly-accessible supercharger from a map when that is the sole source of 'fuel.' I feel it would be better to list it as maybe 1 stall available or "limited availability" or something like that. The Service Center in Blue Ash / Cincy has 8 stalls and don't think it will ever be removed from the map but who knows.

And in Montreal, if it is 7 PM on a Monday or Tuesday, then the Mall where the supercharger is located is closed as of 6 PM so if I were in the area needed a charge I would definitely go to the Service Center as it is open until 8 PM. There would be a MUCH better chance of finding an available Bathroom. Then, upon getting there, a car might be at the supercharger and the owner isn't around as it is there for Service or maybe a truck is blocking the only working stall and I'd have to go back across town to the location at a closed Mall. I just don't see a case why they should remove available chargers from the vehicle's Nav screen. Remove it from PlugShare if they want or mark it as "Restricted Access" but removing it from the Nav is a little mischievous. It isn't like it is a Cleveland Service Center setup with the supercharger inside the Service area. So the "just drive a few miles away to the larger location" isn't always the best course of action. I needed to visit it to add it to the list so it was sort of moot but in a real world scenario I would choose the location based on what was open at or around it vs another location.

Is this Montreal location one of the exceptions for the list then? As in, it should NOT count? Or it SHOULD count? It doesn't appear on the vehicle's Nav and isn't listed on Tesla's website? The Tesla website lists both Mt Shasta locations but only the non-Service Center location in Burbank and the non-Service Center location in Montreal. So is there a consensus that all stations on the Tesla site are on the official list? Or all possible stations from all collective sites (Tesla, supercharge, PlugShare, ABRP, EV Trip Planner, Google, etc.) are on the official list? Or only stations listed on the vehicle's Nav are on the official list?

I haven't planned a trip through Burbank but will keep this in mind that I might need to hit a phantom supercharger location as I don't want to grab all of the L.A. ones and miss one that I passed twice.

For the purposes of this thread, Superchargers at service centers don’t count. I discovered this back in January after visiting the Cleveland service center for service while on a road trip. I asked them to charge the car for me while an Autopilot camera malfunction was being fixed, which they did. Because I didn’t plug it in myself and because it isn’t publicly accessible, thread participants deemed that it didn’t count, which is fine.

Going deeper into the issue, I don’t think Tesla wants people visiting service centers to charge. The service center Superchargers are for diagnosing problems and charging customer vehicles, not for general charging while on the road.

Since it shows up on PlugShare as being public, you should flag it and request that it be marked as restricted and only accessible by service personnel.

Well it NEARLY cost me a 600-mile mistake (the distance from me to Montreal) so I'm very glad that I spotted it on one of the other maps before leaving the area. It DID mean that I got to experience the super-gnarly Construction zone traffic 3 times heading through their town and twice at quitting time on a weekday.

I'm not sure why they would remove any publicly-accessible supercharger from a map when that is the sole source of 'fuel.' I feel it would be better to list it as maybe 1 stall available or "limited availability" or something like that. The Service Center in Blue Ash / Cincy has 8 stalls and don't think it will ever be removed from the map but who knows.

And in Montreal, if it is 7 PM on a Monday or Tuesday, then the Mall where the supercharger is located is closed as of 6 PM so if I were in the area needed a charge I would definitely go to the Service Center as it is open until 8 PM. There would be a MUCH better chance of finding an available Bathroom. Then, upon getting there, a car might be at the supercharger and the owner isn't around as it is there for Service or maybe a truck is blocking the only working stall and I'd have to go back across town to the location at a closed Mall. I just don't see a case why they should remove available chargers from the vehicle's Nav screen. Remove it from PlugShare if they want or mark it as "Restricted Access" but removing it from the Nav is a little mischievous. It isn't like it is a Cleveland Service Center setup with the supercharger inside the Service area. So the "just drive a few miles away to the larger location" isn't always the best course of action. I needed to visit it to add it to the list so it was sort of moot but in a real world scenario I would choose the location based on what was open at or around it vs another location.
You are thinking of your own needs here as a Tesla driver and supercharger chaser :) You have to also consider what's best for the service center and the employees who work there.

In cases, where they have built much bigger superchargers in the general vicinity, I think it's totally fine for them to passively "discourage" the use of superchargers at certain busy service centers by not displaying them in the Nav. Those that are in the know (such as us!) can still use these locations after hours or grab an emergency charge during business hours.

In terms of counting the Montreal and Burbank service center locations for the purposes of this thread, there is no question they would always count because they were in fact the only superchargers in their area when they were built. It was only after they became crowded that Tesla built the larger nearby superchargers. Even if these superchargers were completely removed or no longer accessible by the public, they would still count. By the way, there are a couple retired locations that I cannot get because they no longer exist. That's just part of the game. People who have been driving Teslas longer deserve a little bonus anyway in my opinion.

For the purposes of this thread, Superchargers at service centers don’t count.
This just isn't true. There are many service center locations that are available to the public so of course they count. The Cleveland SC location was a special case where it was 1 stall and not available to the public so we agreed that it was silly to count it. The mistake is that it's even posted on supercharge.info. It should not be there in my opinion. There are other similar set ups that are not listed on supercharge.info. For example, I have heard that there is a 1 (or 2?) stall supercharger at the service center in Bellevue, WA. But it too is not available to the public so it is correctly not listed on supercharge.info. I'm sure there are other service centers with similar "behind closed doors" superchargers. It would be silly for us to inconvenience the employees at these locations for the purposes of increasing our supercharger count. It also wouldn't be any fun! So of course they shouldn't count.

This just isn't true. There are many service center locations that are available to the public so of course they count. The Cleveland SC location was a special case where it was 1 stall and not available to the public so we agreed that it was silly to count it. The mistake is that it's even posted on supercharge.info. It should not be there in my opinion. There are other similar set ups that are not listed on supercharge.info. For example, I have heard that there is a 1 (or 2?) stall supercharger at the service center in Bellevue, WA. But it too is not available to the public so it is correctly not listed on supercharge.info. I'm sure there are other service centers with similar "behind closed doors" superchargers. It would be silly for us to inconvenience the employees at these locations for the purposes of increasing our supercharger count. It also wouldn't be any fun! So of course they shouldn't count.

You’re right, my mistake. I should have said private service center locations don’t count (Cleveland and others where the chargers aren’t publicly accessible).

Please add the following new locations for me when time permits:

Folsom (Palladio), Sacto, Fairfield, Kettleman City, and Casa de Supercharger*.

*For those of you who are east of the Sierra Nevada, or for those who assiduously ascribe to the official Tesla nomenclature, this is also known as Hollister.

Muchas gracias, y cuando estas en Fresno, llamasme. Podria tener un regalito comestible fresco para ti.