Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, but to clarify, you DID get the 2nd one at Frederick then? ... or did you accidentally miss it? Just trying to clarify per the rules that all visits get posted to this thread. Don't shoot the messenger. :)
Yes, as my wife says I got the new to me Frederick - Buckleystown.
Got Ashland VA as well. I found the Nav voice funny when pronouncing Ashcake Road.
The only missing piece in that area is Chevy Chase, my new Colby.

Thanks for managing, and no worries asking for clarification.
This trip I was charging at Bristol, TN thinking I‘d been there before (V2). Fortunately my wife called and said, “ I told you it was Bristol, VA last night!” Made the map bigger, and there it appeared!

Exec summary:
@Thinkje still retains the crown despite my (almost best efforts)!! 👏
It was still worth a try, even though I left my SC completeness in tatters.
Probably an excuse to go back and get Chevy Chase 🤕

6/8/2022
Well, things didn’t go as planned. I slept through two 11:30pm alarms and multiple phone calls from my wife.
Woke up at 4am and got on the road. Then realized at that time of the morning, my Uproad app wasn’t going to be very useful at those N D.C. tolls. So I probably have debit card data showing my start time around 4:30am at:

1. Leesburg - California Dr NE, VA
2. Leesburg
3. Ashburn
4. Sterling
5. Chantilly
6. Reston (poor Nav, bad signage)
7. Fairfax
8. Vienna
9. Falls Church

10. Beltsville, MD
11. Laurel - Van Dusen
12. Laurel - Forte Meade
13. Hanover
14. Baltimore - S Canton
15. Baltimore - Boston St
16. Towson
17. White Marsh
18. Perry Hall
19. Abington - Woodsdale
20. Bel Air
21. Aberdeen - Churchville

22. New Castle, DE (N DuPont Hwy)

23. Pedricktown - Clara Barton, NJ

24. Claymont, Philly Pike, DE

25. Cherry Hill - Haddonfield, NJ
26. Deptford
27. Cherry Hill - Walt Whitman
28. Malaga
29. Mt Laurel - James Fenimore
30. Westhampton - Rancocas
31. Robinsville
32. Trenton - Richard Stockton
33. Monroe Twp
34. Old Bridge
35. East Brunswick
36. Cranford
37. Elizabeth
— change in strategy at this point
38. Lodi
39. Woodcliff Lame
40. W Nyack

41. North Stamford, CT
42. Stamford
43. Fairfield - Southbound
44. Hamden - Dixwell Ave
45. Madison - Southbound
46. Madison - Northbound
47. New London
48. Mystic

49. Richmond, RI

*reserving the right to revisit after seeing the map clear up - but I’m pretty confident I’m not off by four or five

Congrats @Thinkje and I’d love to see you improve your lead in the daily category. Let me know when you come to NorCal and I can see it in real-time.

Montreal began life as an early public charger and has since become limited to non-business hours. So far as I know, it is still advertised as open for public charging on nav, albeit limited. Both these factors make them materially different from the unadvertised chargers used for diagnostics by modern service centers. I haven’t followed the lead up to Moraine getting listed on Plateau, but it seems atypical especially not having it listed in the nav.
From the TMC thread:

“Per the local Tesla Facebook group, we had multiple Tesla owners talk with the friendly staff at the service center and the Superchargers and destination charges are only for service and not public use.”
I don't think Montreal SC has been listed in the Nav for a while, but it definitely was at one point and that is the key distinction for me. Burbank, Buena Park, Toronto, etc. all are service center superchargers that were once listed in the Nav. Therefore they have to count for the people who visited them back then. And then to be fair to newcomers they should be able to get credit for them if they can manage to get a charge there now (within reason... if it's behind a gate or marked with clear signage, then I think it should just be treated like a closed supercharger, that way supercharger hunters don't become a nuisance to service center staff).

Yes, as my wife says I got the new to me Frederick - Buckleystown.
Got Ashland VA as well. I found the Nav voice funny when pronouncing Ashcake Road.
The only missing piece in that area is Chevy Chase, my new Colby.

Thanks for managing, and no worries asking for clarification.
This trip I was charging at Bristol, TN thinking I‘d been there before (V2). Fortunately my wife called and said, “ I told you it was Bristol, VA last night!” Made the map bigger, and there it appeared!
Definitely zoom in on the turnpike locations.

Reactions: NKYTA
Congrats on taking 4th place! I enjoyed following today’s trip. :cool:
I wish I could have brought it home. I had my plan the day before, in hindsight, had I just set a time for that day instead striving to be at the top of Red Route 1 it would have worked out better traffic-wise. In the end, I’m on “vacation”. I’ll have to get back to work at some point. Huge kudos to both you and @Darren S with SC hunting and work balance. For me it seems to be either or.

Thanks for the fireworks meetup and thanks to @theflyer for such a great place to see another side of DC.

Exec summary:

6/8/2022
Well, things didn’t go as planned. I slept through two 11:30pm alarms and multiple phone calls from my wife.
Woke up at 4am and got on the road. Then realized at that time of the morning, my Uproad app wasn’t going to be very useful at those N D.C. tolls. So I probably have debit card data showing my start time around 4:30am at:

1. Leesburg - California Dr NE, VA
2. Leesburg
3. Ashburn
4. Sterling
5. Chantilly
6. Reston (poor Nav, bad signage)
7. Fairfax
8. Vienna
9. Falls Church

10. Beltsville, MD
11. Laurel - Van Dusen
12. Laurel - Forte Meade
13. Hanover
14. Baltimore - S Canton
15. Baltimore - Boston St
16. Towson
17. White Marsh
18. Perry Hall
19. Abington - Woodsdale
20. Bel Air
21. Aberdeen - Churchville

22. New Castle, DE (N DuPont Hwy)

23. Pedricktown - Clara Barton, NJ

24. Claymont, Philly Pike, DE

25. Cherry Hill - Haddonfield, NJ
26. Deptford
27. Cherry Hill - Walt Whitman
28. Malaga
29. Mt Laurel - James Fenimore
30. Westhampton - Rancocas
31. Robinsville
32. Trenton - Richard Stockton
33. Monroe Twp
34. Old Bridge
35. East Brunswick
36. Cranford
37. Elizabeth
— change in strategy at this point
38. Lodi
39. Woodcliff Lame
40. W Nyack

41. North Stamford, CT
42. Stamford
43. Fairfield - Southbound
44. Hamden - Dixwell Ave
45. Madison - Southbound
46. Madison - Northbound
47. New London
48. Mystic

49. Richmond, RI

*reserving the right to revisit after seeing the map clear up - but I’m pretty confident I’m not off by four or five

Congrats @Thinkje and I’d love to see you improve your lead in the daily category. Let me know when you come to NorCal and I can see it in real-time.
Congrats on a nice haul and 4th place!

You put in Fairfield - Southbound, CT but I entered Northbound. You were traveling east and the supercharger is on the south side of the highway, but it is I-95 Northbound.

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
My inclination would be to disallow Moraine. Finding a complicit service center employee shouldn’t be the metric. There are too many unwieldy edge cases where we’ve randomly succeeded at supercharging at service centers that we don’t include. It’s not Tesla policy to allow charging at these stalls if we’re to believe the majority response from service center personnel or intuit by them not being set up extract a kWh toll.
Not going to die on that hill though. I would defer to @PLUS EV both for his primary encounter and sense of historical precedent.

Reactions: BM3B and Tdreamer
Put me down for Loveland and St Louis and Littleton and… I think all service centers get the two stallers and we decided they don’t count.
When the new Bedford, NH service center is built next year it's 2 stall supercharger is supposed to be added to the nav per planning board requirements. It better count!

My inclination would be to disallow Moraine. Finding a complicit service center employee shouldn’t be the metric. There are too many unwieldy edge cases where we’ve randomly succeeded at supercharging at service centers that we don’t include. It’s not Tesla policy to allow charging at these stalls if we’re to believe the majority response from service center personnel or intuit by them not being set up extract a kWh toll.
Not going to die on that hill though. I would defer to @PLUS EV both for his primary encounter and sense of historical precedent.
I agree - shouldn't go by random hearsay from service center employees. The criteria we have been using for service centers is if there is no signage, barrier, or other indication it is not available to the public, it counts. We can come up with other criteria like the number of stalls, inclusion in nav, or showing up on charging history. We can remove Moraine if that is what we decide.

I feel quite strongly we should follow supercharge.info for any given supercharger until there is a discussion and agreement we should deviate. Moraine has been on supercharge.info and on our game maps for 6 months.

I agree - shouldn't go by random hearsay from service center employees. The criteria we have been using for service centers is if there is no signage, barrier, or other indication it is not available to the public, it counts. We can come up with other criteria like the number of stalls, inclusion in nav, or showing up on charging history. We can remove Moraine if that is what we decide.

I feel quite strongly we should follow supercharge.info for any given supercharger until there is a discussion and agreement we should deviate. Moraine has been on supercharge.info and on our game maps for 6 months.
In that case, I might have to pack a toothbrush (and pillow)😂

Exec summary:

[...]

Well done, @NKYTA . I was rooting for you and went to bed fully convinced you were going to set a new record! I believe you have at least one more Supercharger to add to yesterday’s long list (Philadelphia, PA - Penrose Ave). Hope you get some needed rest today!

Vera

Congrats on a nice haul and 4th place!

You put in Fairfield - Southbound, CT but I entered Northbound. You were traveling east and the supercharger is on the south side of the highway, but it is I-95 Northbound.
Good catch, thank you.

Looking at the map, Philly Penrose and Pedrickton N Fenwick should be in there.

Now I’m looking at my map in despair. 😉

I could go either way as far as which rule to use. But I will say that inclusion in the Nav is much easier to define. To be clear, I don't mean that we should have to wait until it is in the Nav because we all know that Tesla can take up to a month to add a supercharger there, but I'm just saying for the edge cases, particularly at the service centers, we could use Nav inclusion at any point in time as a determining factor.

Now that I think about it though, I suppose this could make things worse as people could go around trying to charge at all of the service center superchargers just in case they are included in the Nav at some point in the future :)

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
I could go either way as far as which rule to use. But I will say that inclusion in the Nav is much easier to define. To be clear, I don't mean that we should have to wait until it is in the Nav because we all know that Tesla can take up to a month to add a supercharger there, but I'm just saying for the edge cases, particularly at the service centers, we could use Nav inclusion at any point in time as a determining factor.

Now that I think about it though, I suppose this could make things worse as people could go around trying to charge at all of the service center superchargers just in case they are included in the Nav at some point in the future :)
I like our current rules as they have generally stood us well. If it is accessible without a gate and there is no signage prohibiting (or separately signage allowing charging during certain times), then it can count. Obviously, if it is on the nav, it can count by definition.

Grand Avenue in Chicago (the old SC) is the only location I can think of where these rules aren't followed exactly as people still try to sneak that one in, but if I recall correctly, there is signage there saying something about for Tesla use only.

There are superchargers inside Service Centers and others behind gates that we've long excluded from the game.

Reactions: Darren S