Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension Problem on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have proof that that is true or are you just hoping it is true?

More importantly, even if it is one person, are you claiming that all that information is made up? If that is the case, then you should notify the NHTSA and have them investigate Mr. WIvaneff.

If that is not what you are claiming, you should try adding "This is just my imagination" to your posts rather than trying to portray them as facts.

Tesla Issues Response To Model S Suspension Failure Allegations

It's pretty obvious that Keef is authoring the reports...if you look at the NHTSA report directly after the one Mr. Cordaro wrote you can clearly see that the banned member "Lucille" appears to have written that one. Lucille most likely being a sock puppet account of Keef's based on writing style and content.

The evidence overwhelmingly points to Keef having authored many of the NHTSA reports about suspension issues, as well as others non-related to suspension.

Seems odd to deny this, considering the strength of the evidence.

Reactions: techmaven
Do you have proof that that is true or are you just hoping it is true?

More importantly, even if it is one person, are you claiming that all that information is made up? If that is the case, then you should notify the NHTSA and have them investigate Mr. WIvaneff.

If that is not what you are claiming, you should try adding "This is just my imagination" to your posts rather than trying to portray them as facts.

Even if all those were filed by the same person, it does not imply the information is incorrect. Or correct. Tesla owners cum shareholders are loathe to report issues to NHTSA in fear of the NDA and also their TSLA holdings. Just look at how the OP has been treated here. That's the norm.

And to Keef Wivanef's credit, he busted a solar scam in Australia once. There is an Youtube video of him appearing on Australian TV on that issue. When the lamestream media just regurgitates what the powerful say, there got to be a few who stand up and do the real research.

According to Tesla's blog, the results are in and "...This can be confirmed with NHTSA...":

"Second, NHTSA has not opened any investigation nor has it even started a “preliminary evaluation,” which is the lowest form of formal investigatory work that it does. On April 20th, as part of what it has told us it considers “routine screening,” NHTSA informally asked us to provide information about our suspensions. On April 30th, we provided all relevant information to NHTSA. NHTSA has since told us that we have cooperated fully and that no further information is needed. Neither before nor after this information was provided has NHTSA identified any safety issue with Tesla’s suspensions..."

As the blog says, take a mouthful of salt before believing anything Mr. Musk says. He has been proven wrong many times. Two weeks ago, he said, Roadster safety was terrible. Now, he claims Tesla cars have always been the safest. A mouthful of salt always helps when interpreting Musk comments.

Last edited:
You would think Tesla would of googled my address before making such an outragiuos statement! They lost all credability. Deflection?

But you were off-roading out of warranty.

I think the real question is - having seen the photos you posted - why didn't you hear/notice what would have been some very obvious sounds coming from the area? Did you have the car serviced or inspected?

It clearly didn't just happen - it degraded over time.

Reactions: TMSE and lklundin
try this link for my blog about suspension type service on my 100,000 + mile, 2013 model S85 Suspension and safety
I previously accidentally gave you a link to log in to wordpress

Thank you for sharing your experience. I, too, have experienced Tesla service going "above and beyond" many times. I only wish you hadn't found yourself forced to tradeoff a Model III reservation against a repair cost. Although when the alternative is medical costs, it's clear you have your priorities in the right order.

Alan

Reactions: CTShore and Fritts
I do think that Tesla needs to remove the off-road portion of the warranty exclusion. The rest reads like an Infiniti or Mercedes limited warranty. No need to call out off-road which is too broad. The basic clause that protects automakers is the collision one... they don't cover if something hit the vehicle or if the vehicle hit something. That should be enough. i wouldn't be surprised if Tesla lawyers went over restrictive at the beginning... now that they are far more established, they don't need more restrictive language.

Reactions: sorka
Tesla Revises Customer Nondisclosure Agreements

Tesla Revises Customer Nondisclosure Agreements
New terms make clear reporting safety issues to regulators isn’t prohibited
They probably added a line clarifying that it is not prohibited to notify NHTSA about safe issues (not that the OP thought that in the first place, as noted in the article). I speculated that, but didn't post it. I didn't really expect them to stop using NDAs since NHTSA's comments didn't say the use of NDAs for goodwill repairs are improper (even though a bunch of people commenting so far have implied that).

Reactions: Johan
The fact is NHTSA warned Tesla.

Right, they warned Tesla to not do something that they are not doing.

If the DoD warns you not to set off nuclear bombs in your garage, does that mean you are doing so?
Or does that simply mean that the DoD got some bad information from your neighbor that doesn't like you?

Oh, and reading the WSJ article, this discrepancy struck me, having just read the LA Times article...

WSJ:
Mr. Cordaro disputed that aspect of Tesla’s statement. “I live on an asphalt road. My Model S has been on a dirt road only once or twice in its existence.”

LA Times [http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-tesla-suspension-response-20160610-snap-story.html]:
Cordaro said he’s driven his car on dirt roads at most 10 times in the three years he’s had it.

I do not know the OP's nor understand his motivation in all this, but his loose relationship with facts does not help the credibility of his message.

Oh, and reading the WSJ article, this discrepancy struck me, having just read the LA Times article...

WSJ:

LA Times [http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-hy-tesla-suspension-response-20160610-snap-story.html]:

I do not know the OP's nor understand his motivation in all this, but his loose relationship with facts does not help the credibility of his message.

2, 10, 100? What's the difference? Once or twice? If it is once, then it's once. Twice is not once. Maybe once you get to 7 or 8, you forget. Or maybe even 4-5. But once or twice?

Again, when was the last time this vehicle had an annual inspection? Those are the people that Mr. Cordaro should be going after. After all, it's about safety! The mechanics that did his last annual inspection should be lambasted for failing to catch this issue. It's about safety! Unless he didn't one in the past year. Has he ever gotten one?

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
His warranty voided by 75K miles, not dirty road!![/QUOTE

His warranty expired. It was not voided. And that isn't what I was responding to. What I was responding to was this:

Back to the issue at hand.
1. My warranty clearly says off-road operation voids the warranty.
2. The car in question was driven in off-road conditions and this is an admitted fact.

1 is not true and the warranty says nothing about voiding the warranty for for off roading. I says damage caused by off roading is not covered. These aren't the same thing.

What exactly "is not true"?
And, yes, I have read or at least 'gone over' this entire thread.
--

Ball joints are no longer made with grease fittings and haven't been for decades. See earlier in the thread when I asked why you wouldn't just lubricate the ball joints through through the grease fitting and got multiple replies that they don't make ball joints like that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.