Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Those pictures showing the problem if you try to fit OEM facelift parts without changeing the bonet to the new style... I guess the problem will not be the same if you design an frontbumper that fits the old style bonet..

Looking at the picture from Tsportsline it looks like they have nailed it :)

@Ole Hermansen thanks for the kind words. Like many of our products, we like to make them as "plug and play" as possible using factory hardware. With the FBR, you'll only need to transfer the following external and internal parts:
T Emblem
Foglights (factory mounting locaiton and hardware
Grilles (factory mounting location and hardware)
Parking Sensors and Autopilot Sensors (these will snap right in)

We will supply our own chrome "V" trim.

I had my body shop in maryland reach out about it's completion time as a guy side swipped me. They said shipping should be in 4 weeks. My body shop in maryland can do the new front bumper custom including fabricating needed parts for 5k. This is a much cheaper option. I'll give them the 4 weeks then I gotta get my car fixed.

Those pictures showing the problem if you try to fit OEM facelift parts without changeing the bonet to the new style... I guess the problem will not be the same if you design an frontbumper that fits the old style bonet..

Looking at the picture from Tsportsline it looks like they have nailed it :)

You need a side view to make that determination. The photo shown doesn't do the job.

Having done the conversion with Tesla OEM parts I've confronted this issue head on.

Here are two pics of an unplugged performance bumper conversion. If you use an OEM bumper you "only" have to fill the gap ;)

up-1.png

up-2.png

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
updates..? ....update...? updat....?upda....?upd....?.....up?........
zzzzzz......

The product is simple: In Q4 (estimated December delivery), we will be offering an oe grade polyurethane front bumper replacement refresh for all older Tesla Model S called the FBR. *design is subject to change

9 months late and still waiting ... :cool:

...And December is here, as end of summer as end of November etc,etc.
Now I will assume that since silence is “for sure” a very good sign, let me guess in a bit what will be the good news:
Ladies and Gentlemen
“ The delivery date will be . . . . . Beginning 2018 “.
Karstyle...
Karstyl
Karsty
Karst
Kars
Kar
Ooops forgot he is pretty pretty dead.
Morituri te salutant!

The product is simple: In Q4 (estimated December delivery), we will be offering an oe grade polyurethane front bumper replacement refresh for all older Tesla Model S called the FBR. The bumper will fit all Model S with the old look bumpers excluding Signature models. Tow hook assembly will still be accessible. We designed and engineered the FBR to fit within our #alloriginal product style meaning you will re-use the following hardware items from your existing bumper and transfer over to our FBR:
T Emblem
Parking Sensors (and respective assemblies)
Fog Lamps & adjacent grilles (and respective assemblies)
Lower center grille with or w/out auto pilot
Well it is now December 2017 and 15 months after the 2016 announcement ... delivery must be scheduled on Elon time :cool:

Reactions: Blup85 and Mau22
@Ole Hermansen thanks for the kind words. Like many of our products, we like to make them as "plug and play" as possible using factory hardware. With the FBR, you'll only need to transfer the following external and internal parts:
T Emblem
Foglights (factory mounting locaiton and hardware
Grilles (factory mounting location and hardware)
Parking Sensors and Autopilot Sensors (these will snap right in)

We will supply our own chrome "V" trim.
Any range increases attributed to the new design?