Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
They probably discovered there were a hundred thousand 100's with only 5 miles range and one trip for 2 weeks. So they probably are redoing the selection with a minimum of 400 miles

I have a 99 with 547 miles. :)

I have a 350 mile trip planned for next week so I hope they fix the flaw in the scoring that dings you for unsafe following and Hard braking when in AP NOA with follow distance set for 7. All my unsafe follow dings occurred when in AP. All my hard braking dings happened when I let regen braking work on it's own. It's too aggressive for the scoring.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I think you have a point on that one. A 100% driver would be hard to find as it's the software that needs to be 100% to keep the driver at 100%. That's what the word autonomous means. You get cut off your score drops by what %? Your car decides to HARD brake itself - who's fault is that? Some moron swerves into you and you have to disengage FSD, Gee; there goes your score circling the drain. So I guess the guy driving 2 miles per day will always be near perfect but, the highwaymen may have simply pushed a button to get on a list that may never materialize satisfaction.
Except we know 100% drivers aren't hard to find as Elon says there are at least a thousand of them. (And, looking at TeslaFi as well as the spreadsheet in this forum, most of the 100%ers averaged over 20 miles per day.)

I had a 100 score over the first week or so, then took my car in for a tint job. Left it with them for half a day. The next day I noticed that during the time they had my S Plaid it showed a FCW, Unsafe Following, and Hard Braking. Seems they took it for a spin, punched it and nearly rammed someone in front of them. Score went to 95 because of that and I'm not happy about it. I should have crippled the car before leaving it with them. I've since managed to get my score back up to 99 but beyond that I think the chances are remote. It took 350 miles with a score of 100 to pull it up from 98 to 99.

I had a 100 score over the first week or so, then took my car in for a tint job. Left it with them for half a day. The next day I noticed that during the time they had my S Plaid it showed a FCW, Unsafe Following, and Hard Braking. Seems they took it for a spin, punched it and nearly rammed someone in front of them. Score went to 95 because of that and I'm not happy about it. I should have crippled the car before leaving it with them. I've since managed to get my score back up to 99 but beyond that I think the chances are remote. It took 350 miles with a score of 100 to pull it up from 98 to 99.

I wish you could setup a card key to be ‘valet mode’ by default.

Oh **** you elon! You knew at dinner you weren’t going to have your *sugar* together but you made us stay up all night before telling us!!!
Hmmm ... not sure you understand Tesla/Elon work culture. This is a guy who has his staff meetings on weekends.

Fairly sure they decided to go for another build in a conf call at 1 AM, just before he tweeted - after the automated test results for the new build came out.

Obviously, it would have been nice to wake up to the FSD beta, but I knew when I bought FSD this would be a long journey. In the long run being overly cautious is going to be the only (and fastest) way to develop and roll out this technology. Its just the way it's got to be.

All it would take is one or two unfortunate high publicity events to set the whole roll out back significantly for everyone.

Now, I just need to cross my fingers and hope some idiot doesn't pull out in front of me over the next few days and ruin my 100%.

Btw - While I also have questions of whether the current safety score metrics are most appropriate for measuring safety, after two weeks of driving, I have to admit that unless one is deliberately gaming things that keeping a 100% is almost impossible to do without really being attentive and anticipating everything.

Reactions: ahoen117 and EVNow
well, this isn't good. after stringing us along like little lemmings for 2 weeks, just to have it snatched from under our noses at literally the last second.

bummer.
At the very least, Elon could announce that drivers who had a 100 by Friday midnight have their scores locked in. But knowing him, he’s using this opportunity as a way for the already ample number of 100 people to drop down from a 100. Might even go as far as trigger FCW events on random people’s cars to meet the blind of 1,000.

At the very least, Elon could announce that drivers who had a 100 by Friday midnight have their scores locked in. But knowing him, he’s using this opportunity as a way for the already ample number of 100 people to drop down from a 100. Might even go as far as trigger FCW events on random people’s cars to meet the blind of 1,000.
you can't mess with 10s of thousands of people like this, this is a serious black eye. what is the estimate of people who signed up for this? ~20k-30k?

well, this isn't good. after stringing us along like little lemmings for 2 weeks, just to have it snatched from under our noses at literally the last second.

bummer.
It wasn't "...snatched from under our noses at literally the last second," it was snatched quite a bit later than the Friday Midnight announced goal. One would think the delay could have been announced before or at the Friday Midnight goal as a delay would have had to have been known at that point.

It wasn't "...snatched from under our noses at literally the last second," it was snatched quite a bit later than the Friday Midnight announced goal. One would think the delay could have been announced before or at the Friday Midnight goal as a delay would have had to have been known at that point.
yeah, how rude, i don't think they(he) realize how invested people are into this product, literally with their time, not only $$$. I'm kind of annoyed to be honest.

Obviously, it would have been nice to wake up to the FSD beta, but I knew when I bought FSD this would be a long journey. In the long run being overly cautious is going to be the only (and fastest) way to develop and roll out this technology. Its just the way it's got to be.

All it would take is one or two unfortunate high publicity events to set the whole roll out back significantly for everyone.

Now, I just need to cross my fingers and hope some idiot doesn't pull out in front of me over the next few days and ruin my 100%.

Btw - While I also have questions of whether the current safety score metrics are most appropriate for measuring safety, after two weeks of driving, I have to admit that unless one is deliberately gaming things that keeping a 100% is almost impossible to do without really being attentive and anticipating everything.

I'm going to go out on a limb and forecast that not everyone with a 100 score will get the beta release - because, by the time the release is ready, there will be more owners with 100 scores than Tesla wants to admit into the program in the first wave. So, I suggest another "rules change" (announced beforehand or not) before the software is actually released. There you have it, my unsolicited prediction!

I'm going to go out on a limb and forecast that not everyone with a 100 score will get the beta release - because, by the time the release is ready, there will be more owners with 100 scores than Tesla wants to admit into the program in the first wave. So, I suggest another "rules change" (announced beforehand or not) before the software is actually released. There you have it, my unsolicited prediction!
This wouldn't surprise me, but he's really risking pissing people off who have been ardent supporters not only with their $$$ but demonstrably with signficant amounts of their time.

Did they ever say that everyone with a 100 score would get it?