Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla’s FSD Beta 10.2 Coming This Friday

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The next update to Tesla’s FSD Beta will be available to qualifying drivers on Friday, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

Version 10.2 will be rolled out to about 1,000 Tesla owners who have requested access and achieved a perfect Safety Score. Version 10.1 offered an option to request access to the FSD Beta software. The beta was previously only available to a limited number of testers.

By requesting access, owners give Tesla permission to evaluate their driving to create a Safety Score. The Safety Score is an assessment of driving behavior based on five metrics called Safety Factors. These are combined to estimate the likelihood that driving could result in a future collision.

Musk said on Twitter that the update will include a “long list of mostly little items” and that the “driving experience is significantly better.”

However, Musk also noted that Tesla’s neural networks have more data for certain areas of the U.S., so the FSD experience will likely vary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to chuckle at Car & Driver's Safety Score (they're hoping to get into the Beta)...

...with a 73 😂😂😂

img-4367-1633009154.jpg

Nothing against you, but I don't get this! I have much better scores than you do and only at 99! Can anyone shed light on this?

my only two dings are Hard Braking at 0.3%, and Unsafe following at 2.1%!!!!

Can you share your daily score and miles? You can then calculate how many miles you need at 100 to get 100 fairly easily.

I can't explain the overall individual scores, but the daily weighted scores all add up to over 99.5.

Depending on how many miles you have driven you are probably almost there.

Musk explicitly said during the shareholder meeting that it will be released at Midnight PDT (between Friday and Saturday's midnight). Anyone with a 100 overall score will get it.
And not sure if he misspoke or not, but he said just a little more than 1,000 people have a perfect score and will get it. Then it'll roll out to 99, 98, etc. after that if all goes well.

Those folk that drive in stumpjump Nebraska with 3 cars per 100 miles of road are somewhat different from drivers in large metropolitan areas like Manhattan or Boston or Chicago or Los Angeles, where if you leave 1.1 car lengths gap, someone cuts in, you hit the brake, and your safety score hits the floor. I just hope the decision makers take this into account. I took a hit in a parking lot for hard braking when someone pulled out of a space about 20 feet in front of me. I was doing about 5 mph. My current score is 99 base on over 700 miles
My thoughts exactly. Where I drive daily anything more than a car length will invite someone to swerve in and brake hard. If you followed lane markings and NIHS exact standards you'd likely become the victim of road rage.

With that said I've managed to average 93-95 driving realistically for my daily commute

I live in the suburbs of Chicago and although I was driving a lot, my score was 99 mostly because it is almost impossible to drive here without hard braking and "unsafe" following. This morning I got out on the highway very early and drove into Wisconsin at 50 mph in the center lane on AP while taking calls for work. People were honking and getting all mad but as the miles accumulated, the heavy braking % fell away until it was .2%. I still had a slightly elevated unsafe following score, but it did not matter. After 92 miles, I hit the magic 100 score. I have a dinner in Chicago tonight, and needless to stay, we are not taking the Tesla.