Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, that's true. (Or, I could just keep repeating it until you stop caring like the media does 😁)

What I was referring to is that since the Model Y launch, the "nothing" that happens has been;
- Mega castings in mass production
- Structural 4680 battery packs in mass production
- Vision based parking system in mass production
- Standard onboard ECU supports FSD 12 (now in general release)
- Most efficient drivetrains on the market keeps improving. For instance, in a 2022 direct real-world comparison with 30 other EVs including ID.4 and BMW iX, a 2022 Model Y LR was the most efficient and drove 7.5% longer than WLTP in summertime (507 WLTP vs 545 km/132Wh/km actual)

Each of these could have been a significant new development to be launched with fanfare, however that's not Teslas modus. (Though it probably should have been).
- Do any of the cars in the UK have mega castings?
- Are 4680 batteries in mass production? Pretty certain they're not. And again, do any UK cars have 4680 batteries? That'll be a no.
- Vision based parking is inferior to good old fashions parking sensors. It might not be nothing but it's certainly not progress.
- FSD 12 that is actually not available to customers other than shills like that Whole Mars guy? That FSD 12? General release is a funny term, because it's not actually available outside North America.
- Can't argue about efficiency, although Tesla were forced to recently downgrade their efficiency figures as they were a piece of fiction. Meanwhile those other cars you mention tend to over perform their stated figures.

In addition to the same complaints about Tesla ad infinitum you also like tossing out insults, huh?
At least it's not passive aggressive yawns.

If I could afford one, I'd quite like a Macan EV. But it wouldn't instead of a Model Y. lolz.
How can you be sure when you struggle to do basic arithmetic?

But it’s only a software update away, isn’t ? I can’t think of any specific hardware requirements for it…

Probably but this fall inline with the rest of the "family" . If its got flappy paddles you can probably sort of make it work but its not the same.

I took my sons 38kw ioniq out the other day and was amazed at the amount of regen you can get from the paddle that you cant get on the highest of the 3 standard settings. Such a missed opportunity there as well imho.

one of the stalks and at least get some moneys worth out of them 😄
No way, that is not Porsche way or their ‘clients’ want it that way. They want a custom made red button on the steering wheel that can be switched on or off and that version is Porsche GT R with a bit of roof chopped off with reduced boot space and the back look exactly like the 2024 Macan ICE version. By the way why do all of their screens looks like a samsung phone anyway? And their sloped screen (Taycan - where they have the climate etc.,) is budget version!

Last edited:
@2020M3SR I did swiftly go through your post and Im sure things make sense to you and some to me up to the point of speculation.

Going back to the builders and all things equal Its fair to say that someone will be able to retire much earlier...

As for your analytics, there is a fir bit of speculation of things that do not yet exist but it true to say that some manufacturers will not make it out of the black hole which is debt... Have a play with this ... Publicly traded automakers with the highest total debt
They typically sell bonds and some, like VAG, have a finance division. Selling bonds gives them access to cash at cheaper interest (as long as they maintain a good credit rating) whereas a company like Tesla with a lower credit rating, has to pay higher interest as its perceived as risky. Debt is only bad if it gets out of control or you can't pay it back. Thats why Tesla diluted their share holders with capital raises a couple of years ago, as their credit rating was rated 'junk', so they diluted shares instead.

VW shareholders typically would frown at something like share dilution/capital raises to access cash, when selling bonds makes more sense. Tesla shareholders seemed happy enough though (I don't think a lot of them realised Elon Musk was actually taking cash directly from their pocket, as that's what share diluted is)