Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla - Apple Watch support

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's still not showing up in the US store. The cache update must be running behind tonight.

Yea, this is the longest I've seen the app not appear in the app store after it was approved. It's usually available within three hours or so. I'm heading to sleep and will check back tomorrow morning. If it's still not there by then, I'll call their tech support help line and find out what's going on. But the good news is that Apple didn't reject the app. That was a hurdle that I was slightly worried about, but not really.

Installed and works well!

Will report more when my watch arrives in a few days.

One thing: I think the phone UI is confusing with respect to the panoramic roof status/setting. It took me a little while to understand that the one setting out of the four that's currently selected is greyed out. Perhaps this could be represented in another, more intuitive, way?

I was able to get it. Installed on iPad, iPhone and apple watch. Can't fully test it right now because I'm not close to the car. Odometer and ranges are showing in kilometers instead of miles. I'm in the USA.
That sounds like a bug. The app should be reading the km vs miles setting from your car. Please change the settings in your car to see if it changes in the app as well. Also, did you run the Apple Watch app yet?

That sounds like a bug. The app should be reading the km vs miles setting from your car. Please change the settings in your car to see if it changes in the app as well. Also, did you run the Apple Watch app yet?

Mine showing kms too. Climate is in Celsius to match my car if that makes a diff.

I'm in USA but Celsius just makes so much more sense

Installed and works well!

Will report more when my watch arrives in a few days.

One thing: I think the phone UI is confusing with respect to the panoramic roof status/setting. It took me a little while to understand that the one setting out of the four that's currently selected is greyed out. Perhaps this could be represented in another, more intuitive, way?

I would agree with the comment regarding the pano roof. It's a bit confusing. According to the latest Apple UI, the icon lights up (instead of greyed out) when a particular state is selected. The wifi and Bluetooth buttons are such examples. Might be better if the icon lights for the pano roof are reversed.

Hey guys I started a new thread, because the first few pages of this thread is not about my app, so it might be confusing to new forum users as to what we're talking about. Please direct all future questions and requests to the new thread:

Remote S: Tesla app for Apple Watch, iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

I would agree with the comment regarding the pano roof. It's a bit confusing. According to the latest Apple UI, the icon lights up (instead of greyed out) when a particular state is selected. The wifi and Bluetooth buttons are such examples. Might be better if the icon lights for the pano roof are reversed.

Okay. I'll change it to a highlighted state instead. The way it is set now is a "disabled" button look if the roof is already in that state. That's why it's faded. But if a highlighted state is preferred, I'll change it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine showing kms too. Climate is in Celsius to match my car if that makes a diff.

I'm in USA but Celsius just makes so much more sense

It shouldn't make a difference. There are three different readings. It's reading gui_distance_units, gui_temperature_units and gui_charge_rate_units. gui_temperature_units is the C vs F setting. And gui_charge_rate_units is the km vs mi setting for your range. I'm currently reading that to determine whether to display km or mi for both the range and odometer.

I'm looking through my code, and I can't find why this bug would occur. I'm going to need some more data to figure out this bug. Is everyone else having this same bug, or is it displaying miles correctly for other users?