Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey we might make the 12 month anniversary of ordering. It is already likely to be mid to late May for delivery (allowing 2 weeks past May 4 2023 for Customs clearances etc.) based on the World Spirit itinerary. A few more weeks and it will be the ordering anniversary. Just as well I have not paid the final invoice yet. o_O
Its a bit crazy that mid February build cars take nearly five months to reach their destination.

Put in a deposit last week for a Model 3 RWD, blue colour, stock wheels. Sale rep gave a rough ETA in June. Anyone else in WA waiting on a model 3 RWD?
You’re probably one of very few. The Model 3 RWD is probably the shortest queue to order from, I wouldn’t be surprised to see cancellations in inventory over the next month and a half while we wait for the shipment to arrive and be delivered. Keep an eye on inventory through the Tesla website or here Tesla Australia New Inventory

You’re probably one of very few. The Model 3 RWD is probably the shortest queue to order from, I wouldn’t be surprised to see cancellations in inventory over the next month and a half while we wait for the shipment to arrive and be delivered. Keep an eye on inventory through the Tesla website or here Tesla Australia New Inventory
Looking at the recent thread, seems like the demand of MY is shadowing the demand for M3. Then again, I believe Tesla probably matches the output at their Shanghai factory proportional to their demand. Can't imagine them making too many M3s at the moment.

I Oder M3R at February ,ETA still February - May same blue colour

Oh well, I guess it kinda confirms my suspicion that the ETA on the app is absolutely useless.

I believe Tesla probably matches the output at their Shanghai factory proportional to their demand. Can't imagine them making too many M3s at the moment
They are independent production lines, but the Model Y is much easier for them to build - with more single-piece castings, so the output is higher.

"the facility is reportedly capable of producing up to 22,000 vehicles per week, comprised of about 14,000 Model Y crossovers and 8,000 Model 3 sedans. " according to this article

It's not helped by the fact that the Berlin factory is still only building Model Y, so a larger fraction of the Shanghai Model 3 build goes to Europe compared to the Model Y.

The new "highland" upgrades of the Model 3 production lines will help close that gap.

my suspicion that the ETA on the app is absolutely useless.
Yes the Tesla provided dates are pure fantasy. It's best to pay no notice to them.

Reactions: Dannerz
For the 500 stuck in Singapore I’m making a ship watchlist for potential ships (date order). I’m not sure if wisdom ace has already been allocated to other cars or is already full but it would still be my bet otherwise sadly, sunlight ace might end up being the one and the Feb-May EDD we had won’t be made for most.

Euphony ace: completes the NAPEX route today, no planned stops after, probably head to Singapore next week and Europe after but still one to watch

Dugong ace: still expected to Singapore in just over a week, no other schedule can be found, could still be heading to Fremantle, just without teslas. If it doesn’t carry teslas, can just buy one here and put some hot wheels in it DUGONG ACE Vehicles Carrier | 3D model

Wisteria ace: arrives Singapore 13/4, has no planned schedules I can find

Istra ace: arrives in Tanzania in just under a week, expect it back in Singapore by 20/4

Prominent ace: same route as euphony and sunlight ace below except a week earlier than sunlight, likely to head to Europe but unconfirmed after Chinese ports.

Sunlight ace: confirmed to Fremantle 12/5, it’s actually doing the NAPEX route so could pick up more teslas on 18/4 from Shanghai. Imagine that, 2-3 months later to leave and gets to Fremantle same time and no doubt if there was new Tesla builds on it, they’d somehow get delivered before people waiting in Singapore haha.

World spirit: this guy shouldn’t even be here but it is. It’s a small transfer ship for SEA ports, hasn’t left the intra Asia route for years so will be unprecedented to come to Fremantle. Might just be used as a transfer to Thailand. Time will tell.

Reactions: alliwantisaY
60,000 cars are sitting on ships around just Australia's east coast waiting for quarantine cleaning.
Yes I'm glad our cars don't come via Melbourne like they used to, or we'd be waiting even longer.

Instead we get to deal with Tesla (apparently) paying less than other manufacturers, so our cars get stuck in Singapore or Thailand waiting for the next ship with available space.

Reactions: Dannerz
For the 500 stuck in Singapore I’m making a ship watchlist for potential ships (date order). I’m not sure if wisdom ace has already been allocated to other cars or is already full but it would still be my bet otherwise sadly, sunlight ace might end up being the one and the Feb-May EDD we had won’t be made for most.

Euphony ace: completes the NAPEX route today, no planned stops after, probably head to Singapore next week and Europe after but still one to watch

Dugong ace: still expected to Singapore in just over a week, no other schedule can be found, could still be heading to Fremantle, just without teslas. If it doesn’t carry teslas, can just buy one here and put some hot wheels in it DUGONG ACE Vehicles Carrier | 3D model

Wisteria ace: arrives Singapore 13/4, has no planned schedules I can find

Istra ace: arrives in Tanzania in just under a week, expect it back in Singapore by 20/4

Prominent ace: same route as euphony and sunlight ace below except a week earlier than sunlight, likely to head to Europe but unconfirmed after Chinese ports.

Sunlight ace: confirmed to Fremantle 12/5, it’s actually doing the NAPEX route so could pick up more teslas on 18/4 from Shanghai. Imagine that, 2-3 months later to leave and gets to Fremantle same time and no doubt if there was new Tesla builds on it, they’d somehow get delivered before people waiting in Singapore haha.

World spirit: this guy shouldn’t even be here but it is. It’s a small transfer ship for SEA ports, hasn’t left the intra Asia route for years so will be unprecedented to come to Fremantle. Might just be used as a transfer to Thailand. Time will tell.
I guess our only hope is for some of the already-shipped 85 to be cancelled orders that get reallocated to us