Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder what the record is for Teslas being stuck in Singapore. 5+ weeks as it currently stands seems a bit ridiculous.
My M3RWD was stuck on a Singapore dock for 51 days late last year and into this year along with 498 others.
We got stuck in the mad rush just prior to year end and got unallocated twice.
That appears to be the record for a wait in Singapore so far - The vehicles could have had permanent residency they'd been there that long.

3 months exactly from construction to delivery.

So for those people that put in their order on late March. When will they get assigned a VIN and roughly when will the delivery be? Tesla estimated April to June. Is that accurate?

There's not a lot of logic to it as you don't get assigned a VIN until it's built and assigned to you. You won't get a delivery in April unless it's a cancellation, you probably won't get a delivery in May unless it's a cancellation but if it's not a cancellation then you could get a VIN in any of those months but shipping times are longer than usual at the moment so it's hard to predict when it will actually arrive.

Aim for June and then anything before that is a bonus.

Reactions: Dannerz
Yeah you guys ordering March-April will almost certainly be expecting a car to be delivered to you at the earliest in June, shipping will delay yours so maybe even after junes a possibility. No doubt you car will be built this or the next month but you just need to pray the shipping gods align and you get a smooth transport.

Yeah you guys ordering March-April will almost certainly be expecting a car to be delivered to you at the earliest in June, shipping will delay yours so maybe even after junes a possibility. No doubt you car will be built this or the next month but you just need to pray the shipping gods align and you get a smooth transport.
Thanks for the information. From what Tesla advisor told me. Tesla doesn’t build for order. I think they told me they are going to ship the car to Perth and then we get assigned to the one that meet our specification. So obviously Tesla model Y standard range and white colour will be a longer waiting list. Not sure how true that is.

Tesla doesn’t build for order. I think they told me they are going to ship the car to Perth and then we get assigned to the one that meet our specification.
This is true, they build a bunch of cars, work out where they're going. and then allocate them to people in that state.

It's why there's such a massive (multi-month) spread in order dates for people that are still waiting - especially if you try to compare between states.

obviously Tesla model Y standard range and white colour will be a longer waiting list
You can't draw that conclusion. They don't build 33% standard, 33% long range and 33% performance and then 20% white, 20% blue, 20% red etc.

Tesla have a very good idea of how popular each combination is - so when they plan their next production run for Australia they will know to build around 50% white, 20% blue, 15% grey etc.

Of course it'll only be a prediction based on historic values and won't match orders 1:1, but it does mean that if the next batch of 500 cars for WA has eg 250 white and 40 red, yours could be order number 249 or 251 waiting for a white, or you could be order number 39 or 41 waiting for red.

So at the end of the day it'll still come down to chance. Best to pick the colour combination you really want and forget about it.

My M3RWD was stuck on a Singapore dock for 51 days late last year and into this year along with 498 others.
We got stuck in the mad rush just prior to year end and got unallocated twice.
That appears to be the record for a wait in Singapore so far - The vehicles could have had permanent residency they'd been there that long.

3 months exactly from construction to delivery.
Did the car arrive with any signs of weathering after 51 days of unprotected Singapore sun and rain?

If you are planning on charging from home, Synergy has an "Electric Vehicle Add On" plan for EV owners that charges as low as 8 cents per kWh during certain times of the day: Electric Vehicle Add On
If the electricity consumption is managed well, this can save money on the electricity bill.
Can’t really see that plan being worth it unless you have solar and a home battery.

If you don’t or just have solar without a battery, Between the additional costs for normal house usage during that peak period and supply charge, you’ll probably lose money.

Can’t really see that plan being worth it unless you have solar and a home battery.

If you don’t or just have solar without a battery, Between the additional costs for normal house usage during that peak period and supply charge, you’ll probably lose money.
I have solar power with no batteries. I had a time-of-use plan in the past, which saved me some money, but it required adjustments to the usage pattern. Hence switched back to the regular tariff.
As I already have a smart meter, I will give the new plan a shot and decide if it is worth keeping.

1 have 32 Solar panels and a 5.5kw inverter (?). No battery. My bill runs from a credit of about $50 per 2 month cycle to $350 in middle of summer when I have my air conditioning running (though not so much this year!). I also qualify for pensioners discount thanks to wife. I won’t be changing my regular tariff as apparently if I were to go to the 8c per kWh plan for EVs I must lose both the REBS AND Pensioner rebate. THAT I want to check out though.

1 have 32 Solar panels and a 5.5kw inverter (?). No battery. My bill runs from a credit of about $50 per 2 month cycle to $350 in middle of summer when I have my air conditioning running (though not so much this year!). I also qualify for pensioners discount thanks to wife. I won’t be changing my regular tariff as apparently if I were to go to the 8c per kWh plan for EVs I must lose both the REBS AND Pensioner rebate. THAT I want to check out though.
It is a deal breaker for me if REBS is lost. I have reached out to Synergy to clarify this. Thanks

Definitely wouldn’t be switching if you still had REBs, they’ll do anything to get you off that.

In other news, the 500 in Singapore have no update. World spirit seems highly likely, it’s scheduled in Thailand 5 days before Singapore pick up date, just need a Fremantle ports confirmation.

The 100 that arrived last week are likely being transported or already have, swear I seen one on the webcam but hard to tell. zombie and his sources might have more details.