Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of curiosity, is anyone doing a novated lease here? Trying to figure out if our NL company is trash. As far as they know, delivery was meant to start this week and still haven’t received a final contract. Maybe I’m wrong and we don’t get anything until the final date is locked in but I feel like that’s pushing it to be processed in time.

Out of curiosity, is anyone doing a novated lease here? Trying to figure out if our NL company is trash. As far as they know, delivery was meant to start this week and still haven’t received a final contract. Maybe I’m wrong and we don’t get anything until the final date is locked in but I feel like that’s pushing it to be processed in time.
I’m doing novated lease with Paywise and they’ve been good so far . All the final settlement documents were sent last week and now just waiting for my employer to sign and send

Reactions: Dannerz
Yep same here mine is through FleetNetwork. I had preliminary approval 6 weeks ago. Was told to send across final invoice when received which I did a few weeks back. Final contract sign off and finance approval/payment etc. was made by FleetNetwork Friday last week. Now all set for delivery once Tesla starts to text everyone to pick a time

I’m doing novated lease with Paywise and they’ve been good so far . All the final settlement documents were sent last week and now just waiting for my employer to sign and send
Thanks for the replies guys, I’m also going through paywise. I’ve accepted the quote and all the paperwork alongside it and got the invoice details to change. I sent that through to paywise and sat there for 2 weeks with nothing as my paywise guy was trying to get the invoice off Tesla. I sent him the invoice again and said Tesla says it has to come through me and he then sent that to the bank. That was start of last week and now we are waiting on the settlement documents back. I’m starting to think I’ve just got a bad agent and might need to call up to get someone else.

I am also going the Novated Lease route. My provider has not been able to provide a formal quotation as their 'system' has not been properly updated to reflect the FBT EV exemption as well as other issues. I really struggled with the first agent they assigned me, got absolutely nowhere for 2 months. After changing agent he was able to provide an informal but competitive email quotation and we proceeded on this basis. NL company provided the Salary Package Agreement for (me and my employer to sign) plus Finance Application forms in early April. Also around that time I forwarded him the revised Tesla invoice made out to the Novated Lease company with the deposit added back in (NL company pay the full amount and Tesla will refund me the $400). Next steps as I understand it are 1) I advise NL company when I have a confirmed delivery date (they want 2 weeks notice!), 2) NL company pay the invoice and provide my employer with a deductions table (which I will check matches their informal quote).

Yep same here mine is through FleetNetwork. I had preliminary approval 6 weeks ago. Was told to send across final invoice when received which I did a few weeks back. Final contract sign off and finance approval/payment etc. was made by FleetNetwork Friday last week. Now all set for delivery once Tesla starts to text everyone to pick a time
Did your NL company pay the Tesla invoice already? I have been trying to weigh up whether I should ask my NL company to pay Telsa now or wait until I get a confirmed delivery date. My NL provider says they want 2 weeks notice...

My provider has not been able to provide a formal quotation as their 'system' has not been properly updated to reflect the FBT EV exemption as well as other issues.
This is really pretty ordinary, as the legislation has been in place for 5 months now, the policy itself has been known for at least 6 months before that, and basic operation is very similar to the pre-existing exemption for light commercial vehicles anyway. It's their core business, difficult to understand how they get away with being asleep at the wheel like that.

Did your NL company pay the Tesla invoice already? I have been trying to weigh up whether I should ask my NL company to pay Telsa now or wait until I get a confirmed delivery date. My NL provider says they want 2 weeks notice...
I wasn’t sure how long it would take them to settle. So once I knew the World Spirit was off WA I sent the final invoice. Only took them just over 1 day to finalise finance and pay the invoice so it was really quick. I could likely have left it until this week based on how long it will take Tesla to be ready to deliver, but happy is done and the start of the finance payments missed my pay cycle last week will start in my next pay run which is in a fortnight.

This is really pretty ordinary, as the legislation has been in place for 5 months now, the policy itself has been known for at least 6 months before that, and basic operation is very similar to the pre-existing exemption for light commercial vehicles anyway. It's their core business, difficult to understand how they get away with being asleep at the wheel like that.
I agree completely. It is nerve wracking to rely on an email quote/promise without a proper quotation and the excuses they have offered for the last 3 months have been very wishy washy. They basically blame "IT". Unfortunately my employer is locked to the one NL provider. I expect they will need to honor their promise for my employer to renew the exclusivity agreement this year, so I have that going for me.

Yeah plus it’s big business - my provider said about 1 in every 3 NL are for EVs now. So that’s a big chunk of business they are either missing or at the very least neglecting

I've got a novated lease through enlist and they just went ahead and paid Tesla as soon as I sent the final invoice through and started the lease. So have made 2 payments before I've even received the car. A negative for most people I'm sure but as a contractor the closer the lease ends to contract renewal date for me the better as it gives me more options.