Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep! My pickup is on Saturday. Despite the long wait things only fell into place financially in the past 2 weeks (it took since December to sell my current car) so the delay for me has been a blessing in disguise :)
Coincidentally I saw my first MYP "in the wild" yesterday driving home, and it was in red which was the colour i was originally going to get - looked good!

I had pick up yesterday ... I'm still smiling. Had a nice 2 hour drive to the South West where I live to get used to it and try it out.
Very happy .
IMG_1174.jpeg

..think of Tesla 's engineering design cock up in tooling for its presses (someone forgot about the penetrations required for RHD drive cars and that the front firewall needed to have symmetrical penetrations) that has resulted in this dreadful outcome for RHD countries?
Has anyone confirmed it was an oversight or cock up and not a conscious design decision due to volume or potentially ramping down Model S/X production in favour or concentrating on Y/3 volume or Cyber Truck?

Seems like something you would fix if it was a cock up as you’ve just limited the potential addressable market for your products. I suspect it’s a conscious decision to stop making them RHD owing to volume.

Hey congrats on the new vins, seen someone mentioned it today and jumped on here to see if it was indeed lavender ace, great news. Don't hold your breath it will come on lavender ace but it does look like the shipping issues are starting to sort itself out so probably will