Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s LRW? Not found..
The Tesla VIN prefix for Chinese made Teslas. Searching for LRW in the source code helps find a "hidden VIN" if you have one. My hidden VIN didn't appear until I'd completed all of the pre-delivery steps and car was on the boat to Freo. Not long after that the registration application and final invoice also appeared on my account which had the VIN on both of them anyway.

Might find a line like this if you have a hidden VIN:
\"vin":"LRWYHCFxxxxxxxxxx", or "LRW3" if you have a Model 3 coming.

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I've been scrolling through all the M3 posts and have a couple of questions as to where I sit in the scheme of things and what to expect from here.

I ordered a M3P in white (black interior) with EAP on 3/4/23 when the price dropped.

I had a generic delivery window of April/May. I removed the EAP when I realised that the LCT was also added to accessories which increased the $5100 addition to approximately 7k (planning to add it on after delivery). My generic delivery window changed to May/June.

No vin assigned as yet.

I see that when you go to a custom order it has a window of June/July for all configurations - I'm assuming this is not an accurate representation.

All the other states have a plethora of inventory stock whilst WA has none. Is their inventory referring to stock that is currently being shipped to Oz but not yet allocated to buyers or are they sitting in yards over east?

I had read that M3P's and now MYP's were taking priority in delivery due to the increased profitability of the higher price tag. I'm assuming that this is not the case as I see some M3Rwd's are coming in now after April orders...

I have read that earlier orders have taken up to 12 months to arrive, were these orders showing this long wait from the start of placement or did it simply blow out over the waiting period?

Is WA generally left to last with delivery or does the process vary from shipment to shipment?

Apologies if there are far too many questions for a newby.

I do realise I've been waiting for an extremely short time compared to the rest of you, just wondering how long a wait I'm in for (I'm guessing loooooong)

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone.

I've been scrolling through all the M3 posts and have a couple of questions as to where I sit in the scheme of things and what to expect from here.

I ordered a M3P in white (black interior) with EAP on 3/4/23 when the price dropped.

I had a generic delivery window of April/May. I removed the EAP when I realised that the LCT was also added to accessories which increased the $5100 addition to approximately 7k (planning to add it on after delivery). My generic delivery window changed to May/June.

No vin assigned as yet.

I see that when you go to a custom order it has a window of June/July for all configurations - I'm assuming this is not an accurate representation.

All the other states have a plethora of inventory stock whilst WA has none. Is their inventory referring to stock that is currently being shipped to Oz but not yet allocated to buyers or are they sitting in yards over east?

I had read that M3P's and now MYP's were taking priority in delivery due to the increased profitability of the higher price tag. I'm assuming that this is not the case as I see some M3Rwd's are coming in now after April orders...

I have read that earlier orders have taken up to 12 months to arrive, were these orders showing this long wait from the start of placement or did it simply blow out over the waiting period?

Is WA generally left to last with delivery or does the process vary from shipment to shipment?

I do realise I've been waiting for an extremely short time compared to the rest of you, just wondering how long a wait I'm in for (I'm guessing loooooong)

Thanks in advance
EAP is a software over the air feature so wouldn't impact delivery date, the hardware is fitted to every car whether or not the owner buys EAP or FSD at order time, it's just enabled in software once purchased.

Teslas are built in batches of models/colours/interiors/wheels and then shipped to the destination once matched to an order, there's only been small orders arriving in WA this year up until now with another ship on the way to Fremantle and another due next month on top of the one that arrived two weeks ago. Hopefully we're starting to get some more regular shipments heading this way now.

Have you received the "A model 3 has been assigned to your order" sms? This usually means a car matching your order specs has been built and allocated to you but will still need to be shipped to fill the order which is why you end up with a rough EDD timeframe that can still be rubbery and shift. Shipping can take months, there were a large batch of Model Y's that sat on a dock in Singapore for many weeks waiting for a ship to Fremantle for example.

if you have a hidden VIN for your M3P you can try searching the Mol Ace website to see if your car has been scheduled for a ship to Fremantle somewhere in that EDD window you've been given.

For those in PERTH with a 25-30 June EDD, I was told today by a trade in advisor (when I queried when he’d get prices on my trade) at Tesla PERTH to realistically expect delivery early July as the ship is not due in port until 25 June. Sort of suits… IF there is another price reduction, it happens first week of the quarter.

For those in PERTH with a 25-30 June EDD, I was told today by a trade in advisor (when I queried when he’d get prices on my trade) at Tesla PERTH to realistically expect delivery early July as the ship is not due in port until 25 June. Sort of suits… IF there is another price reduction, it happens first week of the quarter.
Yeah realistic expectations would be at least a week after the cars arrive, your probably bet July 2nd onwards for June 25 in port but I don’t see any ships scheduled for then yet. Martorell is due June 20th at this stage which might get deliveries in before July but that would be last hope.
Hi everyone.

No vin assigned as yet.

Thanks in advance
This is a weird scenario. I’ve been watching the shipping space for the last 6 months and almost see the difference between WA and the east reverse. WA were miles ahead by the end of last year compared to the east. Normal wait times were only 2-3 months with the exception of MYP of course which only got delivered in the last month.

All the M3s and MYRWD up until the end of the year were mainly fulfilled with some MYRWD trims and way more M3 trims appearing in inventory. Since the start of the build year, we’ve had 600 cars arrive to freo with some yet to be delivered (mine included). We’ve only seen really low numbers of M3RWD, no M3LR and M3P. The latter two are well overdue for a shipment and I really thought they’d be on prestige ace or lavender ace but guessing not. People over the past year (mainly the east) have waited 9-12 months+ for M3LR/P so maybe that affect is flowing in here with shipments being so abysmal this year so far. I hope for you that it’s in the next shipment but I wouldn’t be surprised to see it missed again along with the MYLR

Just want to get an understanding of the waiting time.

My OD is 27th March. That time the delivery time predicted by Tesla is April - June.
My current EDD in Tesla app still showing April - June.

Anyone in that OD get a VIN or any updates?

Interesting because I have searched my VIN (Model Y RWD) on the Molace site and the itinerary shows an ETA of 11 June into Fremantle via Lavender ACE. I know these are only estimates but hopefully, it's somewhat accurate.