Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mmmm the plot thickens!
Capture.PNG

(Not asking for actual VINs) If someone dumps out the list of VINs on the consignment, what model prefixes are you seeing and how many cars are on the ship?

You can usually decode it from the first 7 or so characters of the VIN what model car it is. Curious as to what the mix of Model Y and 3’s are in the next shipments. World Ace was approx 1/5th Model 3 (RWD) with the rest being Model Y RWD/P by my analysis.

Just picked up my Tesla MYSR and it had a mobile charger in the boot. They also sent me a $550 credit a few weeks back for a charger on the Tesla Store, so I bought a mobile charger thinking it wouldn't come with one. So now I have 2 lol...

I am going to see if I can return the one I purchased for a refund so I can get a type 2 home charger instead

270 Model 3 RWDs and 79 Model Y RWDs. 349 total.

Surprisingly no LR or P variants of either model.
Help me out. You seem to have alot of information.

My OD is 27th March and still no VIN assigned. Tesla Representative told me last week, might have some logistic update this week or next week.

Any help when will I get a VIN? My friend who order 3 weeks before me already got a VIN assigned 3 weeks ago.

Just picked up my Tesla MYSR and it had a mobile charger in the boot. They also sent me a $550 credit a few weeks back for a charger on the Tesla Store, so I bought a mobile charger thinking it wouldn't come with one. So now I have 2 lol...

I am going to see if I can return the one I purchased for a refund so I can get a type 2 home charger instead
This is what I was totally expecting to happen to me as I’m still getting told there’s one in the car but also got a voucher. Pick ups tomorrow, happy I got 1 but would be stoked to see 2 haha

Reactions: Exero
Help me out. You seem to have alot of information.

My OD is 27th March and still no VIN assigned. Tesla Representative told me last week, might have some logistic update this week or next week.

Any help when will I get a VIN? My friend who order 3 weeks before me already got a VIN assigned 3 weeks ago.
Well I’ve already told ya a couple weeks ago to keep an eye on a few ships and ended up nailing prestige ace and lavender ace. Bit surprised you missed out, I suppose you would’ve only missed out by less than a few cars in your exact trim which sucks, been there and felt that pain. In the end though it’s all an educated guess.

With the apparent aim by Tesla to double registered cars in WA this year, they need to ship 5000. We’ve had 600 and that will go to near 1100 with valiant ace this week and around 1450 with lavender ace. Means they would still need 3500 cars by the end of the year and noting it’s usually 500 per a ship, that’s still 7 more ships so at least 1 shipment a month, but I feel like demand will play a major part in that which might decrease shipping sizes or frequency and most likely miss that double the registrations by the end of the year.

Regardless, we know there’s on average 2 molace ships that arrive from Singapore to freo a month and coincidentally the same that does the NAPEX route through Shanghai to Singapore. Lavender ace is in Shanghai today and hey, it’s been done before teslas will get loaded onto that, vins assigned but then dumped in Singapore while she picks up the prestige ace shipment and that shipment left behind would be placed on martorell. Otherwise, Opal ace is next due through Shanghai on June 15th. There’s the occasional one or two that do a Europe or Arabia bound schedule that will carry the cars to Singapore as well but they’re harder to predict like prestige ace. Only reason I knew prestige ace was an option was looking at the Shanghai port itself and seeing it was bound for Singapore next.

Based on what I’ve seen the last several months, I’d say you’d get a vin mid next month. Totally a guess and Tesla likes to throw a curveball all the time.

You could also score a cancellation, just watch the inventory like a hawk over the next month while you wait.

Reactions: alvintiong and Adz1
Well I’ve already told ya a couple weeks ago to keep an eye on a few ships and ended up nailing prestige ace and lavender ace. Bit surprised you missed out, I suppose you would’ve only missed out by less than a few cars in your exact trim which sucks, been there and felt that pain. In the end though it’s all an educated guess.

With the apparent aim by Tesla to double registered cars in WA this year, they need to ship 5000. We’ve had 600 and that will go to near 1100 with valiant ace this week and around 1450 with lavender ace. Means they would still need 3500 cars by the end of the year and noting it’s usually 500 per a ship, that’s still 7 more ships so at least 1 shipment a month, but I feel like demand will play a major part in that which might decrease shipping sizes or frequency and most likely miss that double the registrations by the end of the year.

Regardless, we know there’s on average 2 molace ships that arrive from Singapore to freo a month and coincidentally the same that does the NAPEX route through Shanghai to Singapore. Lavender ace is in Shanghai today and hey, it’s been done before teslas will get loaded onto that, vins assigned but then dumped in Singapore while she picks up the prestige ace shipment and that shipment left behind would be placed on martorell. Otherwise, Opal ace is next due through Shanghai on June 15th. There’s the occasional one or two that do a Europe or Arabia bound schedule that will carry the cars to Singapore as well but they’re harder to predict like prestige ace. Only reason I knew prestige ace was an option was looking at the Shanghai port itself and seeing it was bound for Singapore next.

Based on what I’ve seen the last several months, I’d say you’d get a vin mid next month. Totally a guess and Tesla likes to throw a curveball all the time.

You could also score a cancellation, just watch the inventory like a hawk over the next month while you wait.
Thanks mate. You are a champ.

This is what I was totally expecting to happen to me as I’m still getting told there’s one in the car but also got a voucher. Pick ups tomorrow, happy I got 1 but would be stoked to see 2 haha
Interesting if cars are including them (or some cars are).

I haven't had the credit email, Telsa website said there wouldn't be a charger included so I'm not expecting one to be in the car. Will find out on Thurs too I guess.

Reactions: Dannerz
Tomorrow is the big MYP pickup day! Sort of an anticlimax considering the long wait since June 10 last year. I just hope that the many months on the Singapore docks has not had any adverse impact
update: I picked up my MYP last week and have now had the chance to drive it enough to provide a few observations and comparisons to M3P.
Pick up was straight forward and easy. Being a February build (two months on Singapore docks) the UMC was included and of course these cars have the USS but no parcel shelf. In terms of panel fit and finish there is a slight misalignment of the rear left door which was also evident on other cars. Not much but different to the RH side rear door which was ok. Also noticed a slight vibration in steering wheel above 80km/hr which is not there on the same road in the M3P. So its booked in to have these things attended to and fit a tow bar.

Over the weekend some mystery errors popped up on the screen related to horn not functioning ( even though it was) and the HOLD feature not working (even though it was). I added these to the Tesla Service request and got my appointment bumped by a week and a half! This has since moved back slightly after discussion with the SC rep. They said that there were batches of cars with Processor ECU issues (indicative of my strange errors) and that the ECU may need to be replaced hence the wait for parts and the delayed appointment.

In terms of comparison to the M3P the MYP does not seem to have the same neck snapping acceleration of the 3. Sure its fast but a bit more sedate in its application of power (on sport mode). M3P handling is superb and much better than MYP. M3P just eats roundabouts and serpentine roads and when you floor it you know it lol! The upside for the Y is its load versatility but as driver's car the M3P eats the MYP for breakfast lol. Its nice being a bit higher though, however the lower position of the 3 helps one to feel in touch with the road. The Y is a bit "floatey".

So if you bought a 3 and don't need the versatility of an SUV its a great choice and the driving experience is guaranteed to be rewarding. The Y is great for carrying loads of stuff but at the expense of some driving fun.

update: I picked up my MYP last week and have now had the chance to drive it enough to provide a few observations and comparisons to M3P.
Pick up was straight forward and easy. Being a February build (two months on Singapore docks) the UMC was included and of course these cars have the USS but no parcel shelf. In terms of panel fit and finish there is a slight misalignment of the rear left door which was also evident on other cars. Not much but different to the RH side rear door which was ok. Also noticed a slight vibration in steering wheel above 80km/hr which is not there on the same road in the M3P. So its booked in to have these things attended to and fit a tow bar.

Over the weekend some mystery errors popped up on the screen related to horn not functioning ( even though it was) and the HOLD feature not working (even though it was). I added these to the Tesla Service request and got my appointment bumped by a week and a half! This has since moved back slightly after discussion with the SC rep. They said that there were batches of cars with Processor ECU issues (indicative of my strange errors) and that the ECU may need to be replaced hence the wait for parts and the delayed appointment.

In terms of comparison to the M3P the MYP does not seem to have the same neck snapping acceleration of the 3. Sure its fast but a bit more sedate in its application of power (on sport mode). M3P handling is superb and much better than MYP. M3P just eats roundabouts and serpentine roads and when you floor it you know it lol! The upside for the Y is its load versatility but as driver's car the M3P eats the MYP for breakfast lol. Its nice being a bit higher though, however the lower position of the 3 helps one to feel in touch with the road. The Y is a bit "floatey".

So if you bought a 3 and don't need the versatility of an SUV its a great choice and the driving experience is guaranteed to be rewarding. The Y is great for carrying loads of stuff but at the expense of some driving fun.
I had similar on pickup however with cruise control and it was functioning, however its cleared up since and I've done close to 400 kms with 0 issues.

Update: one other issue of concern is the mismatch in colour between the wood grain dash and door inserts. its hard to see at delivery due to lighting but its pretty evident in direct sunlight. The result of an extended sunny stay on Singapore docks? The side of the dashboard is pretty close to the door insert colour but on top of the dash itis faded to a much lighter shade.

Attachments

• IMG_1715.JPG
    IMG_1715.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    415.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    331.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    359.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: RodDavies
Just got delivery tonight, had 5 issues found, 2 or 3 by me and and 2 or 3 by the delivery assistant.

Good:
- Got another umc
- Finally got the car

Bad:
- Swirl marks on rear right paint undercoat, assume it can be buffed out
- trunk panel misaligned
- front right wheel arch panels where it meets the black plastic not aligned, you can see under the panels
- scratch on front right interior speaker
- unable to add more than one phone key

If anyone has the phone key issue resolved please tell me or Tesla how lol, 5 different people and no one could figure it out. Add one phone key, no problem, add second key and it deletes the first phone key. Happens on same and different accounts

Good lord. I thought the issues on the new builds have been sorted but clearly not.

Is it really a prerequisite that we all go around the car panel by panel still, looking for faults?

A bit crazy when you think you're paying 70k+ for a car.
Just got delivery tonight, had 5 issues found, 2 or 3 by me and and 2 or 3 by the delivery assistant.

Good:
- Got another umc
- Finally got the car

Bad:
- Swirl marks on rear right paint undercoat, assume it can be buffed out
- trunk panel misaligned
- front right wheel arch panels where it meets the black plastic not aligned, you can see under the panels
- scratch on front right interior speaker
- unable to add more than one phone key

If anyone has the phone key issue resolved please tell me or Tesla how lol, 5 different people and no one could figure it out. Add one phone key, no problem, add second key and it deletes the first phone key. Happens on same and different accounts

Good lord. I thought the issues on the new builds have been sorted but clearly not.

Is it really a prerequisite that we all go around the car panel by panel still, looking for faults?

Yeah all the guys there seemed stunned, we even looked at the cars next to us and their cars were fine, think my was just somewhat of a unicorn I guess, bit disappointing but hopefully they all get fixed in a day by a service call, sucks it’s over an hour away tho

Reactions: Adz1

One less than satisfactory car doesn’t mean there’s an overall problem, more of a case that the new owners with issues highlight them on social media, the many who’ve received perfect cars get on with enjoying their car.

Reactions: t3sla-007