Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only seems to do it on one particular outer metro road at night as far as I’ve noticed.

I wonder if the dark road without much street lighting tricks it into thinking it’s obstructed from time to time because it goes periods of time without seeing much of anything. Haven’t noticed it happening on well illuminated roads or during the day. Guess I’ll just keep monitoring it and raise a service request if it keeps doing it or starts doing it more frequently, cameras are definitely clean.
I had it very briefly last night on an extremely dark road when I got real close to the median strip. I’m talking it flashed for a second, haven’t seen it other than that though.

Got an email from Tesla asking about my feedback and it really made me think about this whole thing. Honestly I left a scathing feedback report other than the positives of the car itself.

The order process is simple but the bloody 7 month wait where you have to source your own information, then the car finally gets here and I felt spat in the face that I had to wait weeks longer than some people who ordered only a month or two ago in the exact spec really sealed the experience. Add the issues on delivery day and really the lack of detail of cleaning of the exterior of the car for the day and then finally the lack of empathy that I now have to go out of my way to fix something they should’ve fixed before I ever took delivery is ridiculous.

Tesla couldn’t care less about you as a customer, they just want another number for their quarterly delivery report. It’s the way I feel and honestly it’s just the way it seems to be if you take your excitement of a new car glasses off.

The only thing keeping me sane about the whole experience is I did finally get a car and other than the teething issues that hopefully are sorted at service, it’s one of the best bloody cars on the road and I would still recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. God damn love hate relationship

The only thing keeping me sane about the whole experience is I did finally get a car and other than the teething issues that hopefully are sorted at service, it’s one of the best bloody cars on the road and I would still recommend it to anyone in a heartbeat. God damn love hate relationship
This is it, in a nutshell. The whole delivery experience is terrible but there just aren't any other cars that come close.

So Tesla will continue to get away with their attitude towards customers, at least for now.

Only seems to do it on one particular outer metro road at night as far as I’ve noticed.

I wonder if the dark road without much street lighting tricks it into thinking it’s obstructed from time to time because it goes periods of time without seeing much of anything. Haven’t noticed it happening on well illuminated roads or during the day. Guess I’ll just keep monitoring it and raise a service request if it keeps doing it or starts doing it more frequently, cameras are definitely clean.
I had this happen once in the morning and it never reappeared which makes me think it’s was shadows or a leaf or spider web got stuck there just long enough to trigger it.

I also thought there was an issue with the rear view mirror being constantly dimmed but if you guys are reporting it i won’t bother as it’s not really a downside (unlike if it *never* dimmed which would suck)

I don't suppose anyone with a M3LR has received a vin number or anything at this point?
Just wondering if we'll be looking at getting Highland models, as apparently the M3 Shanghai production line is shutdown potentially for re-tooling and rumors swirling about a kickstart in June.

the inventory page of the Tesla Site has 6 predominantly black and grey in stock.
Just bear in mind that inventory does not mean "in stock" at the delivery centre.

It just means the cars exist. They could be anywhere between Shanghai and here.

Most of the RWD ones in the inventory now have May build dates (ActualGAInDate in the page source) so you'll still be waiting a while for them to arrive.

Reactions: Adz1
Just bear in mind that inventory does not mean "in stock" at the delivery centre.

It just means the cars exist. They could be anywhere between Shanghai and here.

Most of the RWD ones in the inventory now have May build dates (ActualGAInDate in the page source) so you'll still be waiting a while for them to arrive.
I saw someone quoted they received VIN for the MY long range. It is rediculous.

Long range only started on mid april and people already started getting VIN vs those people that ordered on March still haven't get any VIN or update yet.

I saw someone quoted they received VIN for the MY long range. It is rediculous.

Long range only started on mid april and people already started getting VIN vs those people that ordered on March still haven't get any VIN or update yet.
Guess what?? Tesla representative just gave me a call this evening saying, they have assigned a vehicle to me and schedule a date for me to pick up on the 8th June.
My EDD went from April to June straight to pick up 8th June. I’m guessing someone cancelled their order.

Is there any professional Tesla inspector to hired if not any checklist during pick up day?

Guess what?? Tesla representative just gave me a call this evening saying, they have assigned a vehicle to me and schedule a date for me to pick up on the 8th June.
My EDD went from April to June straight to pick up 8th June. I’m guessing someone cancelled their order.

Is there any professional Tesla inspector to hired if not any checklist during pick up day?
Try this: