Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Australia WAiting room (Perth WA)

What are you waiting on?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Sturty, Could you tell when the vessel left Shanghai for Model 3? because, from my final invoice, it's showing my car was built on 18/4, which is the vessel should be after that date. Thank you
It helps rule things out - it kills the possibility it was the Grand Dolphin, it was already on the way to Brisbane then. Could maybe be on Turandot, which was in Shanghai around the 24th. Still on track for Brisbane on the 5th (the week old schedule had it down for the 4th), BUT...... there's no Fremantle Port booking for it, just like the Salvia Ace.

Based on information available, with the facts I have:
One of
Walrus Ace (booked for Fremantle port 19/5 leaving 21/5)
Salvia Ace (no Freo port booking, was showing as being due 8/5 on the most recent DAZMAC schedule)
Turandot (no Freo port booking, due 18/5 as per most recent Armacup schedule)

Could be completely wrong though. The schedules should update by Friday, so we'll have a better picture then.
I don't love the pairing with Walrus, it feels too soon in the journey, the VINs were allocated before the ship was showing as leaving port.

Reactions: AkaJoonbuggy
It helps rule things out - it kills the possibility it was the Grand Dolphin, it was already on the way to Brisbane then. Could maybe be on Turandot, which was in Shanghai around the 24th. Still on track for Brisbane on the 5th (the week old schedule had it down for the 4th), BUT...... there's no Fremantle Port booking for it, just like the Salvia Ace.

Based on information available, with the facts I have:
One of
Walrus Ace (booked for Fremantle port 19/5 leaving 21/5)
Salvia Ace (no Freo port booking, was showing as being due 8/5 on the most recent DAZMAC schedule)
Turandot (no Freo port booking, due 18/5 as per most recent Armacup schedule)

Could be completely wrong though. The schedules should update by Friday, so we'll have a better picture then.
I don't love the pairing with Walrus, it feels too soon in the journey, the VINs were allocated before the ship was showing as leaving port.
Thank you for the details information. really appreciated.

Long time no visit this thread. Tracked ships for 6 months waiting for mine to finally arrive and came searching for something on the forum here so thought I’d stop by.

Not sure if much has changed with teslas shipping but I’ll give you what I learnt during the 6 months but yeah that might have changed.

Armacup ships like morning crystal didn’t ship teslas to the west, would finish unloading in Melbourne and do transshipments of other brands and personal movements from the east to west.

Molace were always our heroes. Look out for the NAPEX route that comes from North America to Shanghai to Singapore. Just have a Quick Look, looks like garnet ace did this route on 21/4 so any build mid April probably went to Singapore via this ship. Next napex ship is Leo spirit on 18/5. Molace also randomly will use the gulf route from Shanghai to the Middle East via Singapore but that seemed to be when they were having delays.

I see you guys are using dazmac, that’s awesome to use to track ships from Singapore to Perth. If there’s cars due for delivery mid May, I’d be amazed if they weren’t on something like dugong ace.

Hopefully you get the cars sooner rather than later, the wait feels like it goes forever but can confirm it’s well worth the wait!

Long time no visit this thread. Tracked ships for 6 months waiting for mine to finally arrive and came searching for something on the forum here so thought I’d stop by.

Not sure if much has changed with teslas shipping but I’ll give you what I learnt during the 6 months but yeah that might have changed.

Armacup ships like morning crystal didn’t ship teslas to the west, would finish unloading in Melbourne and do transshipments of other brands and personal movements from the east to west.

Molace were always our heroes. Look out for the NAPEX route that comes from North America to Shanghai to Singapore. Just have a Quick Look, looks like garnet ace did this route on 21/4 so any build mid April probably went to Singapore via this ship. Next napex ship is Leo spirit on 18/5. Molace also randomly will use the gulf route from Shanghai to the Middle East via Singapore but that seemed to be when they were having delays.

I see you guys are using dazmac, that’s awesome to use to track ships from Singapore to Perth. If there’s cars due for delivery mid May, I’d be amazed if they weren’t on something like dugong ace.

Hopefully you get the cars sooner rather than later, the wait feels like it goes forever but can confirm it’s well worth the wait!
Hello mate - overnight I found myself re reading the thread in full and it appears I’m fulfilling the logistic analyst role you did this time last year. Full salute to you 🫡, you did a great job.

FWIW as of last night I enlisted the pattern services of a ship tracker to help me bridge the gaps in my knowledge. I intend to stay around and provide in this thread long after my own model y turns up. If anything comes out of it I’ll let you know.
If I get time I’ll also attempt to create a spreadsheet with everyone in here waiting on orders with their order date and specification

A couple of points -

The transshipment method seems only to have changed recently. Originally Fidelio was due to transport the Morning Crystal’s batch here, but it didn’t happen and Crystal came direct. Fidelio turned up too carrying other wares.
Morning Crystal had the first batch of HW4 model y on it (including my original white one :( )

The NAPEX stuff is great and I saw you discuss it during my read last night but hadn’t understood it. Good work there.

Dugong Ace is confirmed to have 100 Model 3’s on it, one of the participants had a vehicle on it before they changed spec after the price drop.

We know there’s another model 3 vessel out there somewhere but as yet no idea what it is.

• Love
Reactions: Dannerz
@Sturty can you please confirm my understanding from the thread history that you had an EDD but then it disappeared? Also, do you have or did you have a VIN?
I only ever had the month EDD Mar-Apr which disappeared around midday 30/4. Now blank. No VIN assigned - I changed from a white RWD Y to quicksilver the day the changes were announced. My colleague ordered hers the same weekend I ordered mine originally but kept the white, hers is on the morning crystal.

To think, I was told two weeks before I ordered I’d be collecting it last week of March. That was a bad bad call from the Tesla rep

I only ever had the month EDD Mar-Apr which disappeared around midday 30/4. Now blank. No VIN assigned - I changed from a white RWD Y to quicksilver the day the changes were announced. My colleague ordered hers the same weekend I ordered mine originally but kept the white, hers is on the morning crystal.

To think, I was told two weeks before I ordered I’d be collecting it last week of March. That was a bad bad call from the Tesla rep
Thanks for that … just trying to confirm my understanding that actual EDD dates (as opposed to a month - month range) occurs once the VIN is assigned and VIN is (usually?) assigned the day the car is manufactured. I.e., order > EDD month - month range > build (if not in inventory) > VIN > EDD updated to specific date range > car on ship > car off ship > final invoice > payment > delivery

Thanks for that … just trying to confirm my understanding that actual EDD dates (as opposed to a month - month range) occurs once the VIN is assigned and VIN is (usually?) assigned the day the car is manufactured. I.e., order > EDD month - month range > build (if not in inventory) > VIN > EDD updated to specific date range > car on ship > car off ship > final invoice > payment > delivery
You were correct up until the VIN allocation. That won’t happen generally until the vehicle is loaded and en route. The variable seems to be at what point in the journey it becomes allocated.
Sometimes within a few days, sometimes when it hits a feeder port like Singapore.

Reactions: cafz
I received my final invoice 2 days ago with an EDD of June 1 - June 22. I believe as soon as the vin is allocated they will send you the final invoice.

I received my final invoice 2 days ago with an EDD of June 1 - June 22. I believe as soon as the vin is allocated they will send you the final invoice.
As soon as you have a dated EDD, in Australia at least you seem to have a VIN, even if you can’t see it. Think of it this way, they know your date because there’s a vehicle somewhere on the move. For myself and a few others, we have no date because there is no vehicle and our original estimate had been exceeded

Yip, I'm still floating around with no EDD or anything. My Brother also bought a MYLR 2 weeks after me. It was white but he changed his colour to Quicksilver last night and he has a date range of April - June so will see what happens with his order

Reactions: Sturty
Not sure if this helps, fremantle ports schedule

1714709761631.png