Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Autopilot maps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots and lots of users in the UK and EU are reporting usual 4.7GB downloads over their wifi connections at the moment so I guess these must be the Q1 version maps being downloaded and installed right now.

I got them over LTE. Weird.

Could the car being plugged in have a higher priority than WiFi?? Most of the time in the last week when parked my car had WiFi and SoC well over 30%.

But I got the new maps while charging and while not on WiFi.

I am hearing from a friend that a car in CA under navigation on 17.50.2 took a roundabout hands-free under autosteer.
Changed lane, entered roundabout and then exited roundabout where desired. Hopefully they'll make a video of that soon.

That would be huge, if true. Huge cajones. :)

Would be blown away if the car had stopped, indicated, waited for a suitable gap in the traffic, then taken the roundabout.

I am hearing from a friend that a car in CA under navigation on 17.50.2 took a roundabout hands-free under autosteer.
Changed lane, entered roundabout and then exited roundabout where desired. Hopefully they'll make a video of that soon.
h6z7q.jpg

I got them over LTE. Weird.

Could the car being plugged in have a higher priority than WiFi?? Most of the time in the last week when parked my car had WiFi and SoC well over 30%.

But I got the new maps while charging and while not on WiFi.

The maps used to download only over wifi because of the data volume.
After the download it may take a day or even two for the car to unpack and install the new files so still possible that they came over wifi earlier this week in your case.

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I have managed to do this with AP1. As long as the TACC speed is set slow enough, and there is a car to follow, it will usually succeed. Not that it's pretty, and not that it doesn't have to be monitored closely, but it generally works.

Would love for this to be true but there was a rumour of auto lane change months ago that turned out to be just some random autopilot behaviour. However since this is coming from @verygreen I’m sure everyone will take the possibility seriously (even if it came from a friend).

I have seen round-abouts with a very wide radius and others that are very tight. I project that some are intended to be speed limiting devices "traffic calming" in their intent. Others are intended to be large enough that merging traffic can flow without impeding exiting traffic.
If the auto-steer was for a large radius roundabout, I am impressed. If it took on a tight radius, I am blown away.

I really hope that has nothing to do with maps though. If it does it's insanely dangerous. Needs to be 100% cameras.