Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A focus on demand issues seems like a poor avenue of attack.

I didn't read it as demand issues, so much as fabricated pre-orders with the intent to deceive investors:

" Later, heading into Lordstown’s eventual go-public transaction in 2020, a small consulting group called Climb2Glory was paid to generate pre-orders. Climb2Glory openly described the purpose behind the pre-order game: “the faster the pre-orders arrived, the greater investors’ confidence would be in the company and the faster funds would flow in.” "

can go to 11.40 to see features. very cool .

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
That's got some great features. I particularly like the front powered section, the lights in the bed and all the outlets. It looks like a very practical vehicle.

A shame it only has 2 seats for a cabin that large. A crew cab with a simpler dash would have been better.

A few years ago when BMW decided to pivot away from EVs after i3 did not meet expectations a group of German engineers working on EVs bolted to Faraday Future.

When FF was on deaths doorstep and no longer paying employees they left and started Canoo. Now they have a partnership with Hyundai.

IMO that gives Canoo greater credibility than most BEV startups with nothing more than a prototype and a business plan.

I do wish the pickup seated at least 4 people.

Phil LeBeau: Are those Serious orders ?
Lordstown CEO: Well, no. These are non-binding letter of intents.
And Tesla reservations and orders are non-binding. Tesla's long reservation list for the X vanished once the X was available for sale. I don't believe Tesla did anything underhanded. The reservation holders decided not to follow through with purchases, but people subsequently ordered and bought X's. If Lordstown's products, prices and service arrangements are good and if the PR/vibe is good enough, people might buy their trucks and they might survive.

1616110785490.png

And Tesla reservations and orders are non-binding. Tesla's long reservation list for the X vanished once the X was available for sale. I don't believe Tesla did anything underhanded. The reservation holders decided not to follow through with purchases, but people subsequently ordered and bought X's. If Lordstown's products, prices and service arrangements are good and if the PR/vibe is good enough, people might buy their trucks and they might survive.
Please watch the video I linked in the post your replied to before you compare Lordstown's claims to Tesla's.
Elon NEVER claimed that they have "PRE-SOLD" the reserved vehicles like Steve did, see the segment with Jim Cramer where Lordstown CEO insisted he had serious orders - not reservation - orders for their trucks. So this recent admission that they are non-binding letter of intents only is a direct contradiction to his previous statements on national TV.

FWIW: I had to put down a (refundable) $US 1,000 for my Model 3 reservation back in 2016. Perhaps a refundable $US 100 reservation could provide LM with a real idea of demand.