Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla BEV Competition Developments

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Reactions: Buckminster
IMO Kyle is the best at reviewing BEV performance driving.

Watched it and the conclusion is below. I just don't believe that conclusion based on his method's. This is feeling like a paid review.

Well, it will be interesting to see it tracked by a professional driver at some point in the future. And I'll continue to look for more reviews...

Screenshot 2021-11-01 5.06.06 PM.png

• Disagree
Reactions: KJD and MP3Mike
Watched it and the conclusion is below. I just don't believe that conclusion based on his method's. This is feeling like a paid review.

Well, it will be interesting to see it tracked by a professional driver at some point in the future. And I'll continue to look for more reviews...

The only "objective" review is one in which the Mach-e is trashed?

Anything that praises a Tesla competitor is a sus paid review?

You will continue to look for more reviews until you find one/two that confirm your preconceived notions?

I have watched Kyle for a few years. Including purchasing and extensive reviews on several Teslas (4?). I have not seen anything that makes me question his integrity.

Last edited:
Doesn't the Mach E have a magnetic suspension? I'd be shocked if it didn't ride and handle better than the Tesla.

Lack of magnetic suspension on the P3D is why I wasn't willing to pay the (then) $11-16,000 extra for one.

Not that I'd get the Ford just because of that, but they'd have to have done a really awful job given those parts NOT to handle better.

Reactions: transpondster
Well, we won't have to wait long it seems to see how 'real' this is:

"Chinese manufacturer GAC says next month, customers will be able to buy an Aion 6C battery electric SUV that can charge a depleted battery to 80% capacity in a lightning fast 8 minutes. The company claims the car will have a range of 1000 kilometers NEDC, the wildly optimistic standard used in China. EPA range would probably be a little more than half of that but still — 500+ miles of range and an 8 minute charging time? BOOM! That’s the sound of range anxiety fears exploding.

Steve issued this correction in the comments:
"
I hoovered up all the info I could find on the internet -- which wasn't much, especially when it comes to specifics about battery chemistry. Most of the information came from Electrive, a German website that has proven to be reliable in the past. Rest assured that any specifics revealed in the future will be duly transmitted to our readers.

Edit: I just realized the 500+ mile range is probably too high. 1000 km = 600 miles NEDC but the EPA equivalent is more like 2/3 of that, so figure around 400 or so miles EPA. Still pretty darn good but not the 500+ I mentioned in the article.
"

The only "objective" review is one in which the Mach-e is trashed?

Anything that praises a Tesla competitor is a sus paid review?

You will continue to look for more reviews until you find one/two that confirm your preconceived notions?

I have watched Kyle for a few years. Including purchasing and extensive reviews on several Teslas (4?). I have not seen anything that makes me question his integrity.
I respect you Rob, have for years. I'm looking for objective analysis. Much like sales numbers are objective. I see that Mach e sales numbers are up for October. I'm happy for that!

Also, I found a few other videos with some interesting tidbits.

This one had a good quote of how the mag suspension is less bouncy, but I don't know if that means it is tighter, stiffer or just smoother.

This one had the most objective numbers but not much for objective performance driving.

I respect you Rob, have for years. I'm looking for objective analysis. Much like sales numbers are objective. I see that Mach e sales numbers are up for October. I'm happy for that!

Also, I found a few other videos with some interesting tidbits.

This one had a good quote of how the mag suspension is less bouncy, but I don't know if that means it is tighter, stiffer or just smoother.

This one had the most objective numbers but not much for objective performance driving.

Oddly enough but I haven’t found any on track reviews or skidpad tests or anything like that. Almost like Ford is asking that these usual tests aren’t done on the Performance version.

Or maybe the entire automotive press has collective amnesia about the usual tests they run.

I’m sure these are equally likely scenarios

Reactions: Discoducky
Oddly enough but I haven’t found any on track reviews or skidpad tests or anything like that. Almost like Ford is asking that these usual tests aren’t done on the Performance version.

Or maybe the entire automotive press has collective amnesia about the usual tests they run.

I’m sure these are equally likely scenarios

It is almost like Ford invited the entire top tier US automotive press corps to do a real world evaluation of the Mach-e GT and GT Performance on the famous Angles Crest Highway less than a month ago. And they all ran their stories and videos.

And maybe editors are reluctant to get another press car to do skidpad, cone test, 1/4 mile on a track and run yet another story so soon.

Or their is a conspiracy between Ford and the American automotive press corps that has been run perfectly with nobody talking. So Ford can hide skippad numbers for a few more months.

These are equally likely scenarios.

I just returned from my Rivian First Mile event and drive. I said I'd report back, but posted in another thread so here's a link to that post.

210914_ERoss_MD_INT-GearTunnelShuttle_05663_FINAL-RX.jpg

The gear tunnel tray is a solution to having things stuck in the middle.

50% of people like the Lightning type frunk because of access and 50% like the sink type frunk in the Rivian because it keeps things inside the frunk after you open it.