Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Elon Musk Says Update 8.1 Coming in 10 Days or So

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Won't be going to work on Tues/Wed
might as well . . . that may give your ride another bunch of miles to calibrate - and re-calibrate while driving 35mph in a 50.
;)
  • Enable automatic lane change with turn signal
  • Enable Blind spot detection
  • Enable Automatic Wipers
  • Enable Automatic High Beams
  • Enable auto emergency braking
  • Enable Summon
  • Fix the crazy wiggling of lane lines on the display
  • Start reading speed limit signs
Yes, they are actually still that far off from AP1.
Sold our AP2 MS a couple weeks ago & picked up the X this evening. Service critter said auto high beams are working. Said to self, "right". Unconsciously I was thinking worse though. Sure 'nuff. Nothing. Not even cruise control. (sigh)
BTW - it's Tuesday on the East coast, & Europe. Look at all those 8.1 reports !!!
;)

Last edited:
might as well . . . that may give your ride another bunch of miles to calibrate - and re-calibrate while driving 35mph in a 50.
;)
Sold our AP2 MS a couple weeks ago & picked up the X this evening. Service critter said auto high beams are working. Said to self, "right". Unconsciously I was thinking worse though. Sure 'nuff. Nothing. Not even cruise control. (sigh)
BTW - it's Tuesday on the East coast, & Europe. Look at all those 8.1 reports !!!
;)

Congrats on X pickup....AP2 limitations aside, you will thoroughly enjoy it.....

Maybe tomorrow guys, maybe tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe next week, big rocket launch this week.

As an investor in Tesla, I'd really like to know if Tesla is spending resources on SpaceX.

As much as Elon is a figurehead for both companies, I don't believe he's so integral to the 8.1 release at this point that they can't keep finishing it if he's distracted. Equally unlikely is that he's so integral to the SpaceX launch that Tesla could delay that. I really don't see them delaying 8.1 if it's ready because SpaceX needs the PR for the rocket. If 8.1 is ready, they will release it. If it isn't, they won't. SpaceX has no bearing.

However, chances of a release this week are very low. It was 3 weeks away in November, 10 days away in early March, and 6 days away last week. Using past performance as an indicator of future returns puts you somewhere in May for release.

Hoping to be proven wrong tomorrow though.

I'd hope so, but I also haven't seen anything go out the door with his approval, even himself has said he's typically the first alpha tester after qa. And since he's in Florida without his ms/x he's not testing, but we'll see soon... I doubt it's coming before Saturday at the earliest, but I hope to be wrong. Heck, if 8.1 is suppose to have all these UI improvements and other features in addition to full speed autosteer where are the leaks we've always seen in the past?