Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Employee Requirement?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it required to have a full voicemail box to be a Tesla employee. So annoying... I just want to get an update on my car delivery status. Rant

The dirty little secret is that there's only one voicemail box for the whole company. Elon set the PIN one night after a bottle of Teslaquila and doesn't remember what it was, so now it's lost forever.

How many cars are on order for that person? How many people seem the need to call daily to check on the status?
I'm pretty sure that their mailboxes would fill up as they were trying to empty it.
It is frustrating, but generally, if you let them reach out to you, you'll still get your car.

Reactions: Ciaopec
TImely thread. I have mobile service coming today to fix something they screwed up a few weeks ago. I got multiple emails with conflicting times and addresses.

Sooo, I tried calling. Mailbox full.

Customer service is better at Comcast.

It is frustrating, but generally, if you let them reach out to you, you'll still get your car.

I don’t believe that. I never got a call back from anyone associated with the CPO buying process. I finally paid for a months membership in EV-CPO.com and set up an alert for the car I wanted, and bought it online a few minutes after it went live.

Reactions: EV-CPO
if you let them reach out to you, you'll still get your car.
I've had some great OA's, but no great DS. The worst one screwed up my paperwork a couple of times before getting it right (had to chase him via email/calls to get things done/corrected), never showed up to appraise the trade-in, didn't show up for delivery either (there was a substitute which I suspect was arranged by the OA after realizing the DS wasn't there). If I just let the guy reach to me, I wouldn't get the car, unless I you mean "you'll get your car as long as you don't care when, how much you get for a trade-in, how much you'll pay for the car or what your monthly payment will be".

Tesla normally does not respond to requests for updated deliver status. They have a system where when the deliver becomes reliable and everything is ready to go, they will contact you to arrange to pickup the car.

Too much...is it ready yet...is it ready yet...is it ready yet?
Haven't bought a Tesla in a year, but that automated system had never worked for me. It would give incorrect (sometimes outdated, sometimes just plain wrong, like car left production before it started production, then it turned out it doesn't exist yet). The trade-in system is not fully automated and neither is the financing. So no, unlike that Elon says, it's not all automated (unless of course you are a billionaire and buy it on your phone by wiring $100K in 2 minutes - I guess since Elon is probably the only QA, it works for him, so he things it's all smooth).

Last edited:
TImely thread. I have mobile service coming today to fix something they screwed up a few weeks ago. I got multiple emails with conflicting times and addresses.

Sooo, I tried calling. Mailbox full.

Customer service is better at Comcast.

I had to chuckle at this - I'm a Comcast employee who works on the CX team to make our customer experience more consistent, simple, and digital. We still have plenty of work to do to improve our reputation, but we're working hard on systems, processes, and policies to get better!

I don't see as much of an investment by Tesla in CX, as all of the focus seems to have been on sales, deliveries, and product. Hopefully they mature in this area - as the playing field levels in the EV space, someone else with the know-how is going to get things right early on.

Last edited:
I had to chuckle at this - I'm a Comcast employee who works on the CX team to make our customer experience more consistent, simple, and digital. We still have plenty of work to do to improve our reputation, but we're working hard on systems, processes, and policies to get better!

I don't see as much of an investment by Tesla in CX, as all of the focus seems to have been on sales, deliveries, and product. Hopefully they mature in this area - as the playing field levels in the EV space, someone else with the know-how is going to get things right early on.
Off topic, but just FYI, Comcast customer service is horrible by design and on purpose. It's not that the technical stuff breaks, it's the fact that you bill keeps going up almost every month, between pennies to a couple of bucks. It takes time to argue with customer service over why a tax went up 300% in one month (no it didn't btw, but Comcast thinks going from $0.25 to $0.75 people won't care). Canceling service also takes time and persistence. The company revenue growth strategy is based purely on raising rates and making it difficult and time consuming for customers to notice and/or remedy.

Tesla on the other hand, it's just lack of planning (or overly optimistic expectations of service capacity or required service by new cars) from Elon.

Off topic, but just FYI, Comcast customer service is horrible by design and on purpose. It's not that the technical stuff breaks, it's the fact that you bill keeps going up almost every month, between pennies to a couple of bucks. It takes time to argue with customer service over why a tax went up 300% in one month (no it didn't btw, but Comcast thinks going from $0.25 to $0.75 people won't care). Canceling service also takes time and persistence. The company revenue growth strategy is based purely on raising rates and making it difficult and time consuming for customers to notice and/or remedy.

Tesla on the other hand, it's just lack of planning (or overly optimistic expectations of service capacity or required service by new cars) from Elon.

Not the appropriate place to continue the Comcast discussion (feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to discuss), but I can tell you from my experience with Tesla, many of the issues with onboarding and customer service are due to poor processes and/or bad policy, not an abundance of optimism. In many cases, the average frontline employee is not empowered to resolve issues and escalations become necessary. These are things that can be resolved at scale with an investment in strategy. The fact that Tesla is nimble and changes process and policy at a moment's notice can be both a gift and curse. There are plenty of recent examples that I shouldn't need to list.