Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Tesla Europe Registration Stats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1664984826810.png

September is a big month in UK as the number plates change - a car plate of September appears to many to be 6 months younger than an August number plate. Better resale value.

Model Y deliveries high

Total Tesla are 9,975 (3.2% of car market) - no S/X AFAIK - so 1600 Model 3 I think

BEV are 16.9% of market

Reactions: petit_bateau

You can find Portugal BEV sales data here. Tesla has sold 2,195 there YTD through Nov 30. Pushes it above Finland and the Netherlands.

You can find Ireland sales data here. Tesla has sold 1,316 there YTD through November 30. Puts it above Finland.

YTD other (with incomplete data as of yet for November) is actually over 8,500. I realize the "other" estimate is a formula, but we now have monthly data from several countries. It's immaterial, but just an FYI.

UK monthly sales data is provided by the SMMT. Please avoid updating the tables with estimates from other sources which are consistently off by 5-6%. I have uploaded the official numbers to correct the existing (erroneous) ones.

Based on the total number for Tesla sales in December and the numbers reported for the Model 3 and Y, it seems no Model S or X were delivered in the UK in Q4 2022.

The yearly numbers on EU-EVs for Norway in the last few years are practically the same as the official numbers from OFV that we use. It seems EU-EVs temporarily deviates from OFV.no and then shows the same numbers after a while. I don't think we need to find out the reason. It's not important.
It's ok, I agree it's just a few hundreds car. I actually thought OFV was wrong this time (I hope at least :)).

Yesterday the March 2023 (record) sales of Tesla Model Y and 3 in Denmark were uploaded, but somehow the numbers do not appear in the tables:
3203 Model Y
443 Model 3
Anyone can see them here (screenshot attached), from the web-page of the association of auto importers in Denmark:

Screenshot_2023-04-02_10-15-34.png

In Denmark the sales numbers for 2023H1 have been published for the best selling cars.
8655 Tesla Model Y
1665 Tesla Model 3
As such the sales numbers for June 2023 are:
1665 - 1023 = 642 Model 3
8655 - 6492= 2163 Model Y

These are massive numbers for Denmark.
(I uploaded the numbers, but am unsure if they will appear).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-07-01_15-29-22.png
    Screenshot_2023-07-01_15-29-22.png
    52.7 KB · Views: 28
Are you including Turkey / Turkiye in this thread? It's in both Europe and Asia and cars are coming from Germany. Could you add it to the countries? I don't have a good information source, I'm relying on Turkish media and not sure when they will publish.

This from a report shows the number of cars may be worth tracking. Something like 1-2000 cars since 8th May.

22nd June 2023 Türkiye’de Tesla Model Y ve diğer otomobillerin teslimatları aksadı: Peki nedeni ne?

According to Özpeynirci , Tesla has delivered more than 1000 vehicles in Turkey since the beginning of May, but has faced serious bureaucratic problems in the last 1-2 weeks

In Tesla's case, it is stated that there are currently about 1000 vehicles at customs, 500 of them have been paid their excise duty, and they are normally planned to be delivered by the Saturday before the holiday. Due to the problems experienced, nearly 500 people were victimized before the feast.
The holiday referred to might be "Eid-al Adha 2023 is predicted to be on Wednesday 28th June 2023". The problem is an import computer system which is affecting much more than cars. Docks are full, ships couldn't (can't?) unload.

Latest numbers from Turkey:

Tesla Model Y total registrations:

September: 4.700

January - September: 10.200

View attachment 979180
I'm hoping that Turkey / Türkiye numbers can now be included. @hobbes @Troy - please add Turkey / Türkiye to google form. At 4700 for September, that's a significant number for Model Y

odmd.org.tr seems to be best source in Turkey. Reported sales spreadsheets -
EBS Danışmanlık – Analiz Otomotiv Yönetim Danışmanlığı then reports on this & then twitter/x etc

rationale for saying ODMD is best source - Türkiye'nin en çok tercih edilen elektrikli otomobili belli oldu!
According to data recently shared by the Automotive Distributors and Mobility Association (ODMD), there is a significant movement in the electric car market in Turkey. According to the data announced by EBS Consultancy, Togg T10X became the most preferred electric car brand. After Togg T10X, Renault Megane E-Tech has made a remarkable debut.

Tesla's Absence: Why Isn't It on the List?
Interestingly, Tesla's popular Model Y is not included in these lists. This is because the company does not* share official data with ODMD. If Tesla decides to become an association member, sales data will also be shared with the public.
*seems Tesla are sharing this info or ODMD are estimating

Hi @Mio S and @UkNorthampton,
Unfortunately, ACEA doesn't include Turkey when they publish these two monthly numbers:
  • Passenger car sales in Europe
  • Tesla sales in Europe
Therefore including Turkey would create two problems:
  • It makes it impossible to calculate the EV adoption rate which is calculated by dividing EV sales by passenger car sales
  • It makes our Tesla Europe number incomparable to ACEA's Tesla Europe number. There would be two different Tesla numbers for Europe circulating around instead of one. We collect the numbers from each country about 13 days sooner than ACEA each month but the numbers are very close.
S8SllwM.png
6uhmhTx.png