Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks.
Couple more questions.
1.S70, does that come with supercharging as standard, unlike the S60?
2.did you hear anything about when they will open a dealership and a supercharging station in Brisbane?
3. Panoramic sunroof, does it have a panel to block the sunlight?
4. Has anyone heard when the facelift version is going to be out? I guess Tesla is a small company and they are probably busy trying to get the model X to the market, but the S has been out for a little while in the U.S., and for most other car companies, a facelift should be out soon.
I really should book a test drive. Might have to make an effort to fly to Sydney to do it.

Thanks.
Couple more questions.
2.did you hear anything about when they will open a dealership and a supercharging station in Brisbane?
4. Has anyone heard when the facelift version is going to be out? I guess Tesla is a small company and they are probably busy trying to get the model X to the market, but the S has been out for a little while in the U.S., and for most other car companies, a facelift should be out soon.
I really should book a test drive. Might have to make an effort to fly to Sydney to do it.
1. Yes, all models now come with supercharging enabled since the introduction of the 70D.
2. Queensland superchargers are planned for 2016, but they haven't said anything about a store/service centre.
3. They do sell a pano roof sunshade in the US online store, you can probably order them from the Sydney service centre. However other owners have said that the heat insulation is very good and you shouldn't need to worry about it.
4. No idea.

1. Yes, all models now come with supercharging enabled since the introduction of the 70D.
2. Queensland superchargers are planned for 2016, but they haven't said anything about a store/service centre.
I was seriously thinking about ordering one at the end of last year, but the main reason that I didn't do it was because of lack of dealership/workshop, in case there was a problem with the car. Tesla au told me at the time that they were expecting a dealership to be set up in Brisbane around middle of this year. It is a shame that it is still not here yet. I am still itching to get one though.

Qld sun is pretty hot in summer, that's why I asked about the shade for the sunroof.

Cynix do you have the air suspension and high fidelity stereo? What's you thought if you do have them?

3. They do sell a pano roof sunshade in the US online store, you can probably order them from the Sydney service centre. However other owners have said that the heat insulation is very good and you shouldn't need to worry about it.
4. No idea.

Sunshades for the pano roof are an available accessory in Aus as listed in the attached brochure

http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/blog_attachments/accessories-tri-fold-brochure-AU.pdf

G'day to my fellow EV enthusiasts down under,

It's a pleasure to read about how excited people are that Tesla is expanding in Australia. Just wanted to say that the answers to the questions you have can often be found by searching the TMC forums, since they are frequently asked questions.
As to a "facelift" version of the Model S, that's likely a few years away since as you note Tesla is a small company and has its hands full with launching the X and developing the Model 3. So don't wait for a revised S, order one now! It is the finest car ever made, bar none.
Thanks.
Couple more questions.

So it is attached and removed manually?
I am looking at an S70. The only option that I want is the sunroof, and then may be the air suspension and sound system. What options do people think are worth having?

I really like the sunroof, and did get the clip in shades - not for when driving, but for if the car is parked in the sun. In summer I felt more heat through the side windows than the roof, but also like having the roof even darker. I leave the sunshade in the rear window all of the time, but have stored the very front one while its winter time.

I'm a bit biased, but I got all three options and I'm very happy with that decision. I didn't order turbine wheels since they are an easy retrofit and you can avoid being slugged with both LCT and stamp duty on them by ordering separately. I'm now used to the 19s and not in any hurry to change them.

The options have changed a bit on current models, but I like the door handle lights and the fog/cornering lights. The latter really make a difference at night, so I'd go for the options that include them. The power lift for the hatch is nice, but I could live without it.

Thanks.
Couple more questions.

interesting your asking about a model S facelift, I think it's going to take something special to improve on the great looks of this car, to put it into music terms this is the double white album that Tesla gets to add songs to.

Thanks.
Couple more questions.

Tesla have been advertising for a 'man with a van' person to do service in Brisbane for nearly a year. Meanwhile they fly a man up from Sydney when required.

I noticed that the other week, it is now a proper 'outside display' with the information booth under the escalators, a computer on that desk for people to browse the tesla website and quite a few staff on hand, all are contractors I believe other than Matthew and someone else doing test drives. Which I have seen one or two driving in and out of Chadstone and along a section of the Monash now, always happy faces when I'm close enough to see.

Are the rest of the pillars for that Myer lower level carpark red? I seem the remember only the Tesla bay pillars being red, I could be wrong though. Are they about to expand the number of destination chargers to that full row of carparks? I could certainly see that happening given two cars are test cars which leaves only 3 spaces for owners.

Yeah. All are now have been properly marked and label with company colours and name.

What are people's thought on the high fidelity sound system and air suspension? Are they good options to get? How good are they?

I have both, the air suspension is the only reason we can get our model S down our driveway. The gps raise is very reliable. I have it set for our local shops too as the speedhumps are very high.
The sound system upgrade sounds fantastic too, but you need to fiddle the settings a bit to get it that way. Its very crisp. I've heard different words in my favourite music!
Yes you must go to sydney for a test drive. Driving a tesla for the first time is a life changing moment.

I have both, the air suspension is the only reason we can get our model S down our driveway. The gps raise is very reliable. I have it set for our local shops too as the speedhumps are very high.
The sound system upgrade sounds fantastic too, but you need to fiddle the settings a bit to get it that way. Its very crisp. I've heard different words in my favourite music!
Yes you must go to sydney for a test drive. Driving a tesla for the first time is a life changing moment.
Is the standard ride height of the model s very low? It looks normal height to me in photos.
Just sent an email requesting a test drive.
the price of options afte add the LCT is rather steep. Guess it is more the fault of the government, the LCT.

Last edited:
Just echoing sentiments re: high fidelity sound system. It adds a subwoofer and therefore much needed bass depth. Music sounds well rounded. Standard system is fine but you will notice the difference if you upgrade (which is what they intended of course!)

Now that they have tweaked the features, like putting the power liftgate in the premium interiors option (cheeky) - I would get every option except Sub Zero, Spoiler and Turbine wheels.