Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Jerome Guillen received a few minutes ago:
We are still working on the pricing, which is dependent on some charging questions we still have to answer. I hope to resolve with Elon tomorrow.

Thanks for your continued patience

Jerome Guillen I VP, WW sales and service I [email protected] I 45500 Fremont boulevard, Fremont CA 94538 I tel 650.681.5390 I mobile 503.970.5217

Tesla Motors | Premium Electric Vehicles

Hope the guy doesn't get bombarded with questions now ><

Anyway I'm assuming that means we'll get news next week. Because even if he could resolve with Elon tomorrow, it will take another day for sign off, a few more days for deployment on website etc etc, organise launch...so end of next week.

Hope the guy doesn't get bombarded with questions now ><

Anyway I'm assuming that means we'll get news next week. Because even if he could resolve with Elon tomorrow, it will take another day for sign off, a few more days for deployment on website etc etc, organise launch...so end of next week.

or end of next week we get an email promising the end of the week after :tongue:

As disappointing as it is, pricing will arrive at some point, we just don't know when!

It would seem that higher ups in Tesla haven't got the memo that you should never give a date unless everything is already in order. Thankfully Stone appears to have received the memo and I've never received a set time from him.

Might I suggest that those who have posted Jerome's details above redact them from their posts? I'm not sure that it's a good idea to post someone's details like that on public forums.

Do we even have a moderator for the Aussie forum? Not wanting to be a party pooper, but we've gone quite a bit off-topic quite a few times in this thread.

Looking forward to hearing Australian pricing info. Can't be too long now!

I don't hold out much hope of this useless bunch of hypocritical climate change denying, fossil fuel supported, dishonest and morally offensive bunch providing any incentives for EVs.

Joe Hockey today talking to his shock jock mates. Joe Hockey warns clean energy and 'utterly offensive' wind farms are in his budget crosshairs
He's a sock puppet for his foreign owned big business mates. Even worse than the budget are their plans for the Trans Pacific Partnership - they should be tried for treason. You are right though, they'll do nothing to help Tesla in australia and are likely to even hinder and obstruct.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite. Up til 10 am tomorrow. They are a day behind in California.....
Optimist:wink:

I don't hold out much hope of this useless bunch of hypocritical climate change denying, fossil fuel supported, dishonest and morally offensive bunch providing any incentives for EVs.

Joe Hockey today talking to his shock jock mates. Joe Hockey warns clean energy and 'utterly offensive' windfarms are in his budget crosshairs

+1 Mike, except you're way too polite. In NSW the Rum Corps is falling out of both sides of the political closet all over the ICAC floor, but don't imagine the other States are any better. As for Federal, it's the coal and gas energy unions on one side and the mining/fossil/utility companies on the other. Making a virtue of necessity, the NSW newbie Premier Baird is promoting government funding of political parties to eliminate temptation. This is urgently needed in NSW, and is also needed at federal level. Companies should not be able financially influence voting or contribute to political parties. They are not voters.

OK. Another week without pricing. What possible "charging issue" can there be that can so materially affect pricing that it has delayed release of prices for a month? OK pricing in Australia is complicated by the ridiculous state system, but not THAT complicated. Even as a non programmer I can see ways to work around that issue. They have already resolved not to give us mobile connectors. The low power wall boxes are specified at 220 v for UK and Hong Kong. So, other than the physical pins of our plugs, which ought not be an issue since the units are meant to be hard wired at owners expense, what is the problem? My frustration meter has gone way beyond red line - it is circling the dial again!!
Are signature reservation holders supposed to get an email ahead of others? Is the email in advance of the website?