Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no test drives yet. It will be in my garage tonite for "validation" testing. (regrettably WITHOUT the key).

I reckon they should leave you with the key and just say you can't drive it. That way at least you can invite some friends over and you can all sit in it look at the features etc. If you do betray their trust and drive it they will be able to see on their tracking software, so nobody would be stupid enough to do it?

Had a good look at this car tonite. Fit and finish of the panels is excellent. No misalignments as has been sporadically reported in the USA. Really quite amazing to think that this a brand new car from a brand new company and the car has only been on the road for 2 years!!

Just done a comparison with Euro website. Our tech package loses out on homelink as well as on board maps with free updates for 7 years, AND we are more expensive. €3000 vs $4600. Something smells bad here!!

Last edited:
Just done a comparison with Euro website. Our tech package loses out on homelink as well as on board maps with free updates for 7 years, AND we are more expensive. €3000 vs $4600. Something smells bad here!!

€3000 is $AU4356 as of this morning.

Not really concerned about homelink as I've never seen a door that supports it here in Australia - B&D doors here for years have used a 3 frequency encrypted remote. (Tritrans). It'll be interesting to see what happens with the map updates.

You get your cars from Europe, while we in Hong Kong supposedly get ours from the US?

All the cars originate in the US. Tesla have a European distribution centre at Tilburg where some final assembly occurs for European-bound cars. Tesla is not opening sales in New Zealand at this stage, so NZ-based purchasers like SteveWest are accepting delivery in Europe instead, and then arranging their own shipping, I believe.

Not really concerned about homelink as I've never seen a door that supports it here in Australia - B&D doors here for years have used a 3 frequency encrypted remote. (Tritrans). It'll be interesting to see what happens with the map updates.

Most door openers will accept an external input (2 contacts you can connect to a wired door switch, or relay output from another receiver) so I was hoping to add a homelink receiver to mine, saves having to carry yet another remote, and the integration to the touch-screen with geofencing seems like a useful thing.

The status of mine is "We have begun sourcing parts for your Model S." and has a VIN assigned. The estimated delivery date is on the order profile page.
Hi Steve. I checked mine - it shows order confirmed, Sourcing parts. Then i checked "my profile" and that just shows my profile detail. When i click on "view design" it comes up with a picture of the car the the options chosen and the price before taxes. I also checked the "order purchase agreement" That is all. Is there any where else to look?

Last edited:
image.jpg

My screen, and I assume other Australian order holders screens, are missing the section titled "pick up" at this stage.

This suggests delivery date is not even vaguely locked in for Australia?
That is correct. Stone told me today that delivery dates had NOT been posted for Australia as there was "still a lot of things to be determined" before these can be assessed. From VIN numbers that I have seen, these mean nothing in terms of build order. Some HK orders have VINS more or less in the same range as mine but were confirmed back in Feb or March. They obviously reserved a block of them for RHD.