Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let's add a bit of seasonal frivolity to the posts:

Twas the night before Tes-mass, when all through the house,
n
ot a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
HPWCs hung on garage walls with care,
In hopes that St Elon soon would be there.

Big children nestled all snug in their beds,
Surfing the forums to settle their heads.
Interstate visitors travel from afar,
All being drawn to the Sydney Pyrmont Star.

Out in St Leonards a palace is ready,
To deliver a present more exciting than teddy!
Tomorrow, tomorrow the time draws near,
To toast the best car ever with a nice cold beer!

Last edited:
Let's add a bit of seasonal frivolity to the posts:

Twas the night before Tes-mass, when all through the house,
n
ot a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
HPWCs hung on garage walls with care,
In hopes that St Elon soon would be there.

Big children nestled all snug in their beds,
Surfing the forums to settle their heads.
Interstate visitors travel from afar,
All being drawn to the Sydney Pyrmont Star.

Out in St Leonards a palace is ready,
To deliver a present more exciting than teddy!
Tomorrow, tomorrow the time draws near,
To toast the best car ever with a nice cold beer!

nicely done!!

I do worry about how an aluminium body will hold up in a hail storm. My current car was left out in a hail storm (parked at the airport) a few years ago and it did $3500 worth of damage. Almost every panel needed work. I can see that stretching well into the 5 figure category for a Model S.

See you all tomorrow night!
I've an aluminium bonnet, front guards and doors on my 928 - they all do - and I've been a member of a 928 club for 14 years. I've not seen a hail damaged 928 and have heard from a few people that the aluminium flexes and doesn't damage easily. Mind you, I've successfully avoided hail all of that time - very luckily yesterday. 5 minutes later and we'd have been out in the open on the way home - and unable to remotely open the garage door as the power was taken out!

I drove past the Artarmon Service Centre tonight: the show room looks almost ready to go!
The "COMING SOON" signs were taken off the fence today...

I will be wearing some Tesla red to celebrate tomorrow!

image.jpg

Four Superchargers at the showroom. Nice. (Actually there is another just out of shot so that is at least 5 Superchargers).

Last edited:
I think some of these are launch vehicles for tonight. The red one could be mine!! Otherwise, mostly demonsrators. I am told there is a single very slow vehicle lift at the venue, so i am sure these will be moving out shortly. They may also be demonstrators the dark blue is the test drive vehicle all of us drove it is EV1. Yes, those superchargers are going to take a pounding. I watched them being installed. They are surprisingly simple inside. Not a lot to them - a very robust connector in the top to link orange high voltage to the black charge cable. Yesterday they were hooking up the HV cables in Frederick street from the street supply over to the supply poles on the property. I would be surprised if those superchargers were not live by now.