Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks -probably will never need it but not sure what I would do without some sort of repair kit....

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like an interesting option to the tyre 'blow in through the valve' sealant.

- - - Updated - - -

Any idea on how this works with 21inch performance tyres (Michelin Sports)?

Apparently they can order these which I will do as they include a compressor. There seems to be very mixed reviews about the use of the goo.

Just had a look at the videos and the plugs look relatively painless - but not something my wife would want to do so I will get the Tesla kit and goo in any case for her. The plugs don't have the downside of filling your tyre with glue and look simple enough so may offer a solution until you can get a professional repair - although JFK considers it permanent.

- - - Updated - - -

Just had a browse through http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/12015-Tesla-Tire-Repair-Kit-details (I started towards the end).

Hadn't realised that the goo Tesla and others use is non pressurised (colloquially called 'slime') and is injected with the compressor. Apparently this is then TPMS safe.

I have done several repairs on both 4WD and 2WD cars and they have lasted for the life of the tyres. The repair will work on any tubeless tyre.

If you have reservations about the repair then go to a tyre service centre. I guess you need to consider the insurance aspect as well as the safety.

You obviously can't repair a large cut in the tyre.

Repair the sidewalls with caution.

Last edited:
First road trip! Went up to Wentwortn falls for the weekend from Lower North shore. EVTriplanner said 24 KWh. Turned out to be 26. However the return trip was 14. This was spot on. So, it seems that one can rely on that program to give a reasonable estimate. Regen coming down the mountain was awesome. I gained power to the point I had used about 2 kWh for 35 odd km!! Got consumption down to 202kwh.
Over 100 k left in the tank! Will be at the SC bright and early to fill up before the work day and all the deliveries they need to do.

First road trip! Went up to Wentwortn falls for the weekend from Lower North shore. EVTriplanner said 24 KWh. Turned out to be 26. However the return trip was 14. This was spot on. So, it seems that one can rely on that program to give a reasonable estimate. Regen coming down the mountain was awesome. I gained power to the point I had used about 2 kWh for 35 odd km!! Got consumption down to 202kwh.
Over 100 k left in the tank! Will be at the SC bright and early to fill up before the work day and all the deliveries they need to do.

Why don't you charge at home overnight? You're missing out on a big advantage to electric cars!

I thought the same - what gives? Is it just an excuse to drive the car more? I've put 800 or so on it in 10 days. ;)

Having free parking - I mean charging - at Star is awesome. First day we got some gelato. Yesterday we got some sushi. If their motivation is to get us to drive a nice car through their hotel and then spend money, it is working. I'm looking forward to more places that roll out SuperChargers and HWPCs in this fashion.

Having said all this, I agree the rest of you should charge at home as there aren't that many spots. :tongue:

Having free parking - I mean charging - at Star is awesome. First day we got some gelato. Yesterday we got some sushi. If their motivation is to get us to drive a nice car through their hotel and then spend money, it is working. I'm looking forward to more places that roll out SuperChargers and HWPCs in this fashion.

Having said all this, I agree the rest of you should charge at home as there aren't that many spots. :tongue:

Yes, that is a big advantage, but driving to the SC at St Leonards seems strange to save $4-5 of electricity.

Does anyone have some experience bringing along a cooler/freezer such as or similar in the trunk or frunk?
I believe that there is only 1 12V outlet below the front of the middle console, is that correct? or are there any other hidden fused 12V outlets?
I found this older post about 12V outlets including a suggestion
However, there are large 12V battery terminals under the plastic nose cone, at the top right (as you face the car). You can probably connect a DC cable there, then route the wire into the frunk area somehow. But make sure to use an appropriately fused power cable like this one connected directly to those terminals.
Is this the way to solve this? Any suggestions?

If you are going to need this on a regular basis, an auto electrician should be able to install a power point in the Froot or the boot. In the froot probably with a take off from one of fuse boxes. The boot, not sure what is continuously live, but perhaps the cabling for the boot lid opener. ( if you have the tech pack). A personal message to artsci on this forum asking him may be the go. He has taken his car apart many times, it seems. Also done a lot of electrical work on it.

The first nights power consumption from a charge.
image.jpg

Last edited: