Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heard a whisper prices going up in a couple of days. Due to $A - $US. If you are considering purchase suggest you contact Tesla rep if this is true.

I think most people who have bought one would welcome that news. Better than a reduction in price. As they say, slam the doors behind us!

When I put the deposit down on mine, they had just gone up in price and I was swearing about it. Then they went up again just recently and I started to feel better. You see the trend here...

I think most people who have bought one would welcome that news. Better than a reduction in price. As they say, slam the doors behind us!

When I put the deposit down on mine, they had just gone up in price and I was swearing about it. Then they went up again just recently and I started to feel better. You see the trend here...
The more cars that are on the road the more SCs we will get

A funny thing happened on the way to the solictors.......

Heading into the RACV under ground carpark in Melbourne CBD and one of the driveway Valets starts waving at me furiously.... I stop wind down the window and inquire..... He wants to know exactly WHAT this car is and is there any way of getting it to make a noise!:scared: At this point I am confused and a discussion starts up....traffic building up behind me.....

He says that a Model S zoomed into the boom gates the day before and his colleague stepped out from his little booth to just miss being squished!.. He didnt look because he didnt hear...
Hence the question.. I assured him that short of blowing the horn- he is stuffed.....

My mom taught me to look both ways before stepping into a driving area.

does tesla provide service plans, roadside assistance in australia?
Tesla has a 24hr Roadside Assistance number for Australian owners.
Re service, In the owners manual it states:
"Service Intervals
Regular maintenance is the key to ensuring the continued reliability and efficiency of your Model S.
Rotate the tires every 5000 miles (8000 km) (except on Performance Plus models), maintain the correct tire pressures, and take Model S to Tesla at the regularly scheduled maintenance intervals of every 12 months, or every 12,500 miles (20,000 km), whichever comes first. It is also important to perform the daily and monthly checks described below.
Model S must be serviced by Tesla-certified technicians. Damages or failures caused by maintenance or repairs performed by non- Tesla certified technicians are not covered by the warranty."
I intend to bring it in once a year as I am unlikely to do 20,000 Km a year. The price for a regular service in the USA is $600 plus you can buy packages but these have not yet been announced in Australia. There is a Service Centre in Sydney with one being built in Melbourne as we speak. If you live a long way from a service centre they have The Ranger service but that's at extra cost.

Tesla has a 24hr Roadside Assistance number for Australian owners.
Re service, In the owners manual it states:
"Service Intervals
Regular maintenance is the key to ensuring the continued reliability and efficiency of your Model S.
Rotate the tires every 5000 miles (8000 km) (except on Performance Plus models), maintain the correct tire pressures, and take Model S to Tesla at the regularly scheduled maintenance intervals of every 12 months, or every 12,500 miles (20,000 km), whichever comes first. It is also important to perform the daily and monthly checks described below.
Model S must be serviced by Tesla-certified technicians. Damages or failures caused by maintenance or repairs performed by non- Tesla certified technicians are not covered by the warranty."
I intend to bring it in once a year as I am unlikely to do 20,000 Km a year. The price for a regular service in the USA is $600 plus you can buy packages but these have not yet been announced in Australia. There is a Service Centre in Sydney with one being built in Melbourne as we speak. If you live a long way from a service centre they have The Ranger service but that's at extra cost.

Yes - for one thing, the brake fluid needs to be checked/topped up.

Does the battery have a radiator to keep it cool? If so, the radiator fluid will need topping up.

Apart from a visual inspection (and what you have mentioned above) can't think what else the Tesla folk would need to do by way of maintenance. (I mean we will top up the windscreen washer and air pressure in the tyres... so....)

Yes - for one thing, the brake fluid needs to be checked/topped up.

Does the battery have a radiator to keep it cool? If so, the radiator fluid will need topping up.

Apart from a visual inspection (and what you have mentioned above) can't think what else the Tesla folk would need to do by way of maintenance. (I mean we will top up the windscreen washer and air pressure in the tyres... so....)
clean/change cabin air filters?

New software update available. Came in this afternoon and installing now! probably just bug fixes but will report in a couple of hours once it is in!

edit. OK so it is 2.4.188. Same release notes, no obvious changes on screen. I guess bug fixes, and hopefully when i drive it tomorrow, TACC and various other parameters like blind spot warning will be more reliable. Maybe even the navigation will be a bit better. Who knows.

Last edited:
Yay! 119 Tesla now registered in NSW Q1 2015 up from 65 Q4 2014. Looks like there will easily be over 500 nationally this year maybe even by end of Q2, unfortunately the delay in the D's looks like making 1000 this year a little difficult. I assume Q3 deliveries will be very low but maybe pick up with P85D and now 70Ds in Q4.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/about/cor...ationandlicensing/tables/table115_2015q1.html

Yay! 119 Tesla now registered in NSW Q1 2015 up from 65 Q4 2014. Looks like there will easily be over 500 nationally this year maybe even by end of Q2, unfortunately the delay in the D's looks like making 1000 this year a little difficult. I assume Q3 deliveries will be very low but maybe pick up with P85D and now 70Ds in Q4.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/about/cor...ationandlicensing/tables/table115_2015q1.html

extra number crunching.
19% of all pure EVs in nsw are now model s, and 76 new EVs registered last quarter 43 where telsas 56% of registrations last quater.

extra number crunching.
19% of all pure EVs in nsw are now model s, and 76 new EVs registered last quarter 43 where telsas 56% of registrations last quater.

It is actually better still if you exclude the electric bikes.

There were 66 electric passenger vehicles registered in the quarter (Table 1.26)

Tesla accounted for 54 of those passenger vehicles in the same quarter (Table 1.24)

Meaning that Tesla accounted for 82% of electric passenger vehicles sold in the first quarter of this year.