Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla infotainment system upgradeable from MCU1 to MCU2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any word yet on MCU1 with AP1 ugrade yet?

@sorka, Does not look like anyone answered, so I will take a shot. So far, there's not been any reports of AP1 cars being done. I wish for all of you with older cars - even non-AP cars that they were already making this available, but so far no reports on TMC or TM. I wish for the older cars, because the MCU is older and more likely to display a problem than the newer cars. But hang in there. I believe they are going to do it. And its a great improvement in the performance of the screen and functions and it breaths new life in to your car for a faction of replacing the car -- even without any AP.

Thx. Yes, Westmont is where I go. In fact, when I scheduled on the Tesla phone app they ask where the mobile folks should go and I just put in the Westmont SC address. I'm sure they need to do it at the SC anyway.
There's a "location/address" bug in the app. No matter what service you try to setup, easy or difficult, it schedules Mobile even when you post the SC's address. Then when it sends you the confirmation, it says "You have a mobile appointment scheduled at the Service Center address. (Well, that makes no sense. And shortly after that, they send you a text saying they can't do that service at your address, you have to bring it in.) Duh, yeah, know that. Why did the app tell me Mobile at the SC? Bug.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
There's a "location/address" bug in the app. No matter what service you try to setup, easy or difficult, it schedules Mobile even when you post the SC's address. Then when it sends you the confirmation, it says "You have a mobile appointment scheduled at the Service Center address. (Well, that makes no sense. And shortly after that, they send you a text saying they can't do that service at your address, you have to bring it in.) Duh, yeah, know that. Why did the app tell me Mobile at the SC? Bug.

I'm not sure it's a bug. I think they are basically using mobile as the first line of triage for all repair requests. They can't expect owners to make the call on mobile vs SC so by having everything go through mobile they can intake the requests and then re-direct the ones to the SC that need it. This also helps with their desire to have mobile be the the first line of defense.

I'm not sure it's a bug. I think they are basically using mobile as the first line of triage for all repair requests. They can't expect owners to make the call on mobile vs SC so by having everything go through mobile they can intake the requests and then re-direct the ones to the SC that need it. This also helps with their desire to have mobile be the the first line of defense.
It makes sense to me they are trying to schedule mobile first to keep the SC work for larger/harder problems (ie. required tools/equip). Plus they may not have to do loaners or Uber credits.
I sure they meant that address to be for owners home/office. I was just trying to 'let them know' that I was 100% good with it being at the SC and assumed it would be at the SC.
They haven't canceled yet. Maybe that will happen Mon or Tue, tho.