Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla iOS App not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same issue. Unfortunately I still get the error using PIA VPN.
M3 iPhone on att.
Would anyone know or share VPN settings that work thanks in advance.

I use (and pay for) express VPN. I'm pretty happy w/them. And it's worked for me.

But I can't imagine someone paying to use a VPN to connect to a $60k+ car they own...
But, if you want it: Get 30 free days of ExpressVPN!

I think the real issue is what a joke tesla service is. My X will be my last if service doesn't change.

Reactions: Nautikelz
Having the same problems. Also using AT&T.

Don’t think I have the issue when my phone is on WiFi (the car is on cellular always as I’m in an apartment.)

I’m able to use TeslaFi from the phone when the App is failing on connection.

Anyone else having a really hard time with the Tesla iOS app not connecting to your car? I can usually get it to work by signing out and then signing back in. I've noticed that TeslaFi is still working and it doesn't seem to happen at all whilst connected to the charger at home.

The bluetooth key is still connected but it keeps giving me the "Network Error" message after a minute or two of trying to connect.

Reset the car, hard reset my iPhone, and deleted and reinstalled the app. iPhone 12 Max Pro (or whatever it's called now).

Thanks
I do have the same problem its totally At&T problem , if you are only other networks the apps works fine Evan if you are on At&t but with VPN it works !! Even worth the DNS VPN works fine over at&t , I was trying to reach them but they clam they don't support Apps !!

Weeks later still having connection issues, and Tesla hasn't mentioned/resolved this for anyone...

But a bigger problem is if my Tesla app is not connected to my Model 3 (either via WiFi or within range of bluetooth), I won't get alerts when my Model 3 vehicle alarm goes off... Can someone test this to confirm?

Does this mean we have to keep VPN connected 24/7 in order to get those notifications (should it happen)?

App still broken for me as well so still using the VPN. My new SIM card for T Mobile is supposed to finally arrive tomorrow after like a week (really slow default shipping). I'll report back after I get it set up and number moved but I'm expecting that to resolve my issues.

I actually did just receive my T Mobile SIM card and I just activated it and I'm up and running. No surprise but my phone now connects to my car over LTE using the Tesla app again just like before. So definitely proves it's an AT&T problem.

Just called customer support for the 3rd time without much help. Still not acknowledging that the issue is somewhat widespread.

Just to help figure out if the issue is limited to a certain geographic area, maybe affected people can state their region. I am in south central PA.

When Tesla had a connection problem with AT&T for slacker it was limited to the northeast if I remember correctly.

Just called customer support for the 3rd time without much help. Still not acknowledging that the issue is somewhat widespread.

Just to help figure out if the issue is limited to a certain geographic area, maybe affected people can state their region. I am in south central PA.

When Tesla had a connection problem with AT&T for slacker it was limited to the northeast if I remember correctly.
I’m in AZ and also having issues connecting with the app on ATT cellular. However I can activate the a/c with the widget.

I have the same issue for about the past two weeks. Had to make an account here after reading other AT&T users are experiencing the same issue. Can’t connect to car via app over cellular data, but when I use Xfinity WiFi it instantly connects.

Chicago

iPhone 11 Pro Max iOS 13.6
AT&T 41.0.1 5Ge/LTE

2020 Model 3
Car software ver: 2020.24.6.9
App version: 3.10.7

Yes. I did have an issue after the last update to 2020.28.5, where it wouldn’t finish the connect to the car although I could still get notifications (end of charging, end of update) from the app. The phone did still work to unlock the car and allow me to drive, so the app was still communicating in some fashion through BLE. Likely a separate data path.

Turning off my iPhone X’s cellular data, and then turning it back on resolved that issue, it now finishes the connection. A reboot of the car did not fix it. AT&T, Austin, TX.

Reactions: T3SLA90D