Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla is a SCAM!!" - BMW Dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep - fossil fuel (coal, oil, tar sands, natural gas) are stored sunshine. Just collected and stored millions of years ago. Today, the ocean is a giant solar collector - feeding tons of sea-life to be future fossil fuels. Mans pitiful attempts to collect a bit of energy is chump change compared to the ocean.
I do worry a bit - that the sun has been warming the turf for a long time, and solar panels intercept this energy and pipe it elsewhere. What happens in the solar shade? Do the lizards and microbes just perish? Is there any "cost" to intercepting this energy flow?
You must have nightmares then over asphalt and concrete. I do, but not over PV which either sits on roofs or is liberally spaced on the ground.

Come to think of it, you must worry about trees. No need -- most have been cut down.

You must have nightmares then over asphalt and concrete. I do, but not over PV which either sits on roofs or is liberally spaced on the ground.

Come to think of it, you must worry about trees. No need -- most have been cut down.
My boss is adamantly against utilizing wind power because he’s afraid of what will happen if we “stop the wind.” When I first heard him say that I couldn’t do anything other than stare at him with my jaw open in amazement.

My boss is adamantly against utilizing wind power because he’s afraid of what will happen if we “stop the wind.” When I first heard him say that I couldn’t do anything other than stare at him with my jaw open in amazement.

Well what do you think will happen if we drain all the light out of the sun?
Solar panels are clearly more dangerous!

My boss is adamantly against utilizing wind power because he’s afraid of what will happen if we “stop the wind.” When I first heard him say that I couldn’t do anything other than stare at him with my jaw open in amazement
You will advance in this company when your boss gets picked up for a high level EPA appointment...

There are many shade-tolerant species that should colonize land under solar panels.
Oh, I can readily accept that something will fill in the void when man alters the status quo. But the question is - nature has been disturbed, altered. Now a bio system has been disturbed and will be replaced with a new one. Invasive species?
The solar panels on my roof capture energy before the sun has a chance to heat up my houses contents. Nothing new is disturbed (the disturbance was by the dozers that prepared the house foundation). But when acres of undisturbed desert bio is converted to a collector farm and that energy flow is intercepted and piped elsewhere - are we doing damage? Are we clearing the Brazilian rain forest - one solar panel at a time? Do these microbes and lizards contribute to the world in ways that we can destroy?

"I don't want to say Tesla is a scam... but Tesla is a scam."

My take? BMW and its dealerships are SHOOK! The 3 series has been the gold standard of entry-level luxury sports sedans for about 3 decades and Tesla is going right at them. My fiance, who runs in a crowd of people who primarily drive either a BMW 3 series or 5 series, said several of her friends and coworkers have made the same decision - after their leases are finished, they're going with a Model 3, which means that this probably wasn't the first time that woman had heard someone say they're leaving BMW for Tesla.

Makes sense. BMW saying Tesla is a scam makes me wonder if they're claiming that Tesla is selling gas cars that they just claim are electric, and fooling all of us; they must be sneaking in our garages and filling our vehicles up with gas every night! That explains all the road noise when we're "silently" driving our Teslas! It's really our Tesla cars with their hidden secret ICE engines.