Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DFEEC705-67ED-4C56-8FD8-8707DA7342A1.jpeg [
Just left.

Sr+ doesn't have Netflix and spotify?
You are correct . . . . SR+ starting from around $70,500 has the basic Audio Package, Rear Motor and less range
The LR AWD starting from $93,500 ($23,000 difference in price) has the Premium Audio package, Front and Rear Motor and more range.

This is what I mentioned in my statement on post #4614

lonewolf313 said:

The $23000 difference is not just for the battery
An extra motor - $10,000
Upgraded Audio Components with Spotify, (Netflix and Youtube when parked) - $3,000
That means the Long Range Battery only comes in at around $10,000 extra

I have been going with

Impatience is the mind-killer. Impatience is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my Impatience. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the Impatience has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain”
And when the Impatience has gone, there will appear LR RWDs (with white interior) for all to order. And it will be good. In fact, grouse.

Reactions: baillies
The P+ is a slightly inferior

I don't think I would call the P+ inferior. You may not want a lower suspension or bigger wheels etc but some do. I think the wheels on the stock P- are atrocious. Doesn't make it inferior. It's personal taste.

Also, the P- was literally discontinued before it was released. Try explaining that to a potential buyer when you go to sell it. If the model 3 takes off here like it did in the US, orphan cars like this may fall by the wayside.

Anyways, as long as you are happy with the car it doesn't really matter.

You are correct . . . . SR+ starting from around $70,500 has the basic Audio Package, Rear Motor and less range
The LR AWD starting from $93,500 ($23,000 difference in price) has the Premium Audio package, Front and Rear Motor and more range.

This is what I mentioned in my statement on post #4614

lonewolf313 said:

The $23000 difference is not just for the battery
An extra motor - $10,000
Upgraded Audio Components with Spotify, (Netflix and Youtube when parked) - $3,000
That means the Long Range Battery only comes in at around $10,000 extra
Not sure where those prices for the components come from. More speculation I presume. From the statements that Elon has made, the battery production cost is close to $100 USD per Kwh. Since the LR battery is about 25kw bigger than SR+ battery, the difference in battery cost should be about $2500 USD. From the Model 3 teardowns they have determined the motor manufacturing costs to be less than $1000 USD per motor, so most of that extra cost is just higher margins.
From the Audio side they have disabled a few speakers and have left out the second amp, and some software nerfing. With the rest of the software they have limited the premium connectivity and maps and streaming, however from the discussion at Tesla store in Brisbane during the test drive today they did mention that Tesla is very close to having a subscription based system for the cars that do not have the premium connectivity and streaming services. They mentioned the price should be equivalent of about $100 USD per year and would give SR+ owners same software experience as the more expensive options. When that would be available is anyone's guess...

Not sure where those prices for the components come from. More speculation I presume. From the statements that Elon has made, the battery production cost is close to $100 USD per Kwh. Since the LR battery is about 25kw bigger than SR+ battery, the difference in battery cost should be about $2500 USD. From the Model 3 teardowns they have determined the motor manufacturing costs to be less than $1000 USD per motor, so most of that extra cost is just higher margins.
From the Audio side they have disabled a few speakers and have left out the second amp, and some software nerfing. With the rest of the software they have limited the premium connectivity and maps and streaming, however from the discussion at Tesla store in Brisbane during the test drive today they did mention that Tesla is very close to having a subscription based system for the cars that do not have the premium connectivity and streaming services. They mentioned the price should be equivalent of about $100 USD per year and would give SR+ owners same software experience as the more expensive options. When that would be available is anyone's guess...
ok ,
So $2500 + $1000, = $3500 + say incidentals of around $500 = $4000 approx USd = $6000 AUD approx . (might be soon)

So them SR+ @ AUD $ 70,500 , add 6k = 76,500 LR RWD, or + say $1000 AUD for AWD

Give Tesla extra profit of $4000 = $80, 500 AUD LR RWD , Drive away smile all day! We win , Tesla wins

I happened to check my emails this evening and I came across one from Tesla yesterday afternoon concerning my order. It was advising me I had not completed several steps in the checkout process and links the manage page.

upload_2019-8-17_20-49-5.png

However when I access my manage page, it has the next steps screen.
I might call Tesla on Monday to make sure everything is up to date on their end.

This is a conflation of completely different things:

• The audio hardware, which includes an additional amp and sub for the Premium interior (this is what you'd be valuing at $3K which is grossly inflated I'd say)
  • The software, which is disabled for SR+
  • The 4G data service, which is free for the first year only for Premium interior
Once the SR+ option for premium connectivity is available, the bottom two options get opened up for SR+. The only difference for those options will be no first year free, and possibly a lower cost for Premium interior.