Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up for NZ buyers, the Vero insurance via Tesla seems to be swamped
and its taking days to get cover ( I heard of one user that has had their new car for 3 days but
its parked in their garage with no insurance yet..)
or take up a cover note with anyone (usually good for 7 days) and swap into another one that is the one you really want when the cover note expires.

Reactions: baillies
With ANL Warrnambool arriving at 8:00pm tonight, I do not see much point in going out to take pictures. I neither have the equipment nor the skill to make good nighttime shots.

I do note however, that the Warrnambool is only leaving again on Saturday night at 10:00pm.

Two solid days of unloading. Not sure how this compares to your typical port visit duration.

I hope that there are a shi-p/t load of containers with Model 3 inside...

• Informative
Reactions: TaylorP and TASKA9
It is stated in the manual the cable length for the wall connector is 2.6 m and 7.4m. Do we get a choice which one we want? All Tesla models have the charge port on the left side of the car? Just trying to work out where to install the wall charger in the garage in case we end up with two Tesla down the track.
I was told by one of the sales supervisors that they are sending out the 7.4m version.

For the folks who have already picked up their cars... did you get the HPWC at the same time together with the car? Or did they promise to send it later?

I have a sparky scheduled to come install the same day as the car pickup so will need to be sure I will have one with me when I come home.

Reactions: jaykaye
For the folks who have already picked up their cars... did you get the HPWC at the same time together with the car? Or did they promise to send it later?

I have a sparky scheduled to come install the same day as the car pickup so will need to be sure I will have one with me when I come home.
All of the reviews have said that the big box with the HPWC was in the car when they picked it up (along with the UMC).

Just a heads up for NZ buyers, the Vero insurance via Tesla seems to be swamped
and its taking days to get cover ( I heard of one user that has had their new car for 3 days but
its parked in their garage with no insurance yet..)
Lots of reports that their prices aren't that great, even when they do come through. Certainly the case for me -- the actual quote was much higher than the "indicative" one. (Yes, I know that the online indicative quote now says it's only for S/X and to call for TM3, but they only seem to have changed that after lots of people got cross about the big differences that were turning up.)

I received the call too. September 27 Brisbane. 4430xx. Very relieved to get the call.
View attachment 453277
Just picked my black P3D- up from Alexandria, Sydney today. Overall process was pretty fast, just paired my phone, got told how to put it in gear etc, and how to open and close trunk.

Rego range was ebo45... or is it eb045... can never tell the difference between an o and a 0 on license plates, do they even allow for both to be used?

There was another red one waiting for pickup, as well as a black one.

Talking to the folks in the service/delivery centre, they seemed to be getting a large volume of calls. I think I had the last pickup of the day at 5pm, as there was nobody else waiting and they unlocked the door to let me in.

Have to be a bit careful with the acceleration, very easy to get a ticket :)

When talking to the guy in the delivery centre he mentioned that some folks have been calling to ask if they could swap the 20in wheels out for the 18s due to comfort and better range - feel lucky that I managed to get my hands on a P3D-.

Didn’t see any significant quality issues, other than the charge port lid seemed to be a bit badly cast (plastic was rough around the edges), but it’s not visible when closed so I didn’t care much. Didn’t see any significant scratches or anything, but then again lighting wasn’t perfect.

Asked about homelink, was told they will let me know when I can come in to get it retrofitted as they don’t have the part yet (apparently it’s a bit different to the one that is sold in the US?)

If anyone has any questions, happy to answer.

Charging it now via the UMC, sparky coming on Friday to install the HPWC outside the house.

Sooo jealous, wish the Red on waiting was mine but still waiting for the call. What sort of door do you have? I haven't found much info on Homelink compatibility in Australia

So does the emergency charger come with a 15 Amp option? I have already got a 15A socket in the garage, but have been worried about the capacity of the guys to do the charger install quickly given the delivery ramp up... I plan to drive it more than 10Amp charging could provide during the first few weeks!

So does the emergency charger come with a 15 Amp option? I have already got a 15A socket in the garage, but have been worried about the capacity of the guys to do the charger install quickly given the delivery ramp up... I plan to drive it more than 10Amp charging could provide during the first few weeks!

@dmaunder picked up his Model 3 yesterday and he can only charge the car at 12A with a 15A socket using the UMC + 15A tail.

The EU has ridiculous rules like this that’s why the UK People want to get out of the EU.
Yes. The EU has some ridiculous and very strict rules about things (including AP and FSD). However UK people voted to get out of the EU for 2 main reasons: 1. Immigration issues as a lot of people felt that there were too many foreigners moving to the UK from EU countries and settling there. 2. The campaign made promises that a tonne of money which goes to the EU every years would go to the NHS instead which was and (surprise suprise) still is struggling with funding.

Delivery Appointment!
Sept. 25, 2019

Melbourne-Richmond
650 Church Street
Cremorne, VIC 3121

Got the Email last night with the Invoice and VicRoads form attached
Vin is the same as hidden VIN
Build and compliance date 19/7/2019

They did include the boiler plate on payment 72 hours prior, however, I have a lease through Pepper/Tesla so I asked for clarification and forwarded the invoice to Pepper. Sent the signed VicRoads form back with the current delivery date (25th) so it would be too hard to push me back. :)

Reactions: Hairyman