TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

#8501 Vedaprime, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    9am.

A few notes on my call. The call had no caller id.
    The caller was nice and friendly. It felt a call centre person rather than a Tesla knowledgeable person. It was pretty clear the person’s job was make the calls, and book appointments. I did ask about build date/ships and there was nothing else they knew. My vin was able to be confirmed

I was told the slot would be 15-20mins. I had my choice of slots for the 27th. Of course, I chose the first.
    Any specific questions could be directed to invoice person calling me in a couple of days.

• Informative x 4
    • Like x 1
  2. sabretooth

sabretooth Member

As it turns out, Veda and I have the same delivery time at Brisbane. Apparently they're using the downstairs bay to do deliveries too - probably not going to look anywhere near as glamorous in the delivery photo - but if it gets me into my car faster, I'm all for it - and hopefully getting a shot in the upstairs delivery bay for my photo!

• Like x 6
  3. andygen21

andygen21 Member

I'm t-9 :)

• Like x 2
  4. bigbones

bigbones Member

Hi all. Been lurking for a week. Ordered SR+ last Tuesday (3/9/2019).

The Tesla guy in Brisbane said that they come with the HPWC but I'm starting to get my doubts - can anyone confirm?

• Like x 4
  5. dmaunder

dmaunder Member

Picked up my P- from Richmond this morning. What a car. Done 180km today. Dear wife felt sick after first launch in Burnley so that was the end of them. But car is amazing to drive. A few things at pickup . Firstly, delivery person had never heard of Homelink. She got the supervisor who said it was all in hand, and it would be retrofitted once the parts arrived as it was included at time of order, she said to ring Service department in October to book installation in. We went through the handover, and had a problem with opening the charge port, it did it a couple of times then wouldnt do it again, eventually service said that is normal. We left and after 60 seconds, had a Low Brake Fluid warning. Took it back and they topped up the brake fluid and we were off, which seemed pretty sloppy Car started at 70% charge. The kids have all taken it for a drive tonight and all love it too. Happy but exhausted.

She also said they were doing 9 today, about 75 next week then 100 per week after that at Richmond.

• Informative x 15
    • Like x 6
  6. Hairyman

Hairyman Member

I have also been told by Tesla reps that the M3 comes with UMC & HPWC

• Like x 2
  7. dmaunder

dmaunder Member

Brand new 15A power point installed and 15A tail in the mobile connector and it is only charging at 12A, which it calculates at 18km/5. Anyone know why that would be?

8. Hunt4more

Hunt4more Member

Yes they come with the HPWC.

• Like x 1
  9. paulp

paulp Active Member

There are recorded messages from the ‘ato’ originating from sydney numbers that are threatening arrest for outstanding tax if you dont press 1....so be careful who you call back

• Like x 1
  10. Vedaprime

Vedaprime Member

#8510 Vedaprime, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    I’ve been rego digging for a while now, and have noticed in the last few days increases in regos being registered daily.

First it was ships,
    Then it was vins,
    Now it time for registration tracking. This will confirm the vins being delivered, which will confirm the ships

Qld Registrations have started - 33xywi
    NSW rego - ebo96 (a-z) range
    Vic Rego - bar11x
    Sorry other states/territorties, I have not be digging. @MandySimpson has been doing a great job tracking nz.

x in the above being a number in qld and vic.

Nsw has had a lot in the ebo96 (a-z) range, but do not know any after it yet.

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  11. dmaunder

dmaunder Member

FWIW, I picked my P- up from Richmond this morning at 10am. Last night when searching for the VIN at Vicroads, it wasnt found. This morning before I left home at around 8am, the VIN was found and number plate displayed.

• Informative x 4
  12. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Active Member

No reviews from Australians who have taken delivery?
    Long detailed extensive minuscule with photos and videos please

• Like x 2
  13. Fumiphobic

Fumiphobic Member

Spotted my first Tesla 3 on the road in Perth today. Looks great and sportier in the flesh.

I’ve still heard nothing from Tesla. Very depressing.

Attached Files:

• Like x 6
  14. Stratman

Stratman Member

Low brake fluid....I hope they learn from your experience. You kind of expect a full tank of juice too....

15. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Active Member

What is wrong with you??!!??!!

• Funny x 4
  16. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

If a Model 3 works the same as my Model S, you need to be aware that when you send a command to open the charge port the car goes through a process to prepare for charging and you will notice a few seconds delay whilst it makes the changes before the charge port responds; you will also see the charge screen appear on the centre display showing the change of status to ready to charge. This delay is particularly the case when using the remote button on a Wall Connector, UMC or Supercharger. I can only imagine a similar process happens when you push on the Model 3 charge port but this functionality is not on my early Model S.
    New users often mistake this delay for a problem with the charge port and send multiple commands, which can confuse the system. If you wait a couple of seconds between each command it will work more reliably.

• Informative x 14
    • Helpful x 4
  17. m3y3addict

m3y3addict Member

Lucky devil whoever that is on the Mitchell Freeway! My delivery date is Monday. No confirmation and no license yet. I'll be checking in with Melbourne delivery tomorrow though.

• Like x 3
  18. Russian

Russian Member

Just picked my black P3D- up from Alexandria, Sydney today. Overall process was pretty fast, just paired my phone, got told how to put it in gear etc, and how to open and close trunk.

Rego range was ebo45... or is it eb045... can never tell the difference between an o and a 0 on license plates, do they even allow for both to be used?

There was another red one waiting for pickup, as well as a black one.

Talking to the folks in the service/delivery centre, they seemed to be getting a large volume of calls. I think I had the last pickup of the day at 5pm, as there was nobody else waiting and they unlocked the door to let me in.

Have to be a bit careful with the acceleration, very easy to get a ticket :)

When talking to the guy in the delivery centre he mentioned that some folks have been calling to ask if they could swap the 20in wheels out for the 18s due to comfort and better range - feel lucky that I managed to get my hands on a P3D-.

Didn’t see any significant quality issues, other than the charge port lid seemed to be a bit badly cast (plastic was rough around the edges), but it’s not visible when closed so I didn’t care much. Didn’t see any significant scratches or anything, but then again lighting wasn’t perfect.

Asked about homelink, was told they will let me know when I can come in to get it retrofitted as they don’t have the part yet (apparently it’s a bit different to the one that is sold in the US?)

If anyone has any questions, happy to answer.

Charging it now via the UMC, sparky coming on Friday to install the HPWC outside the house.

• Informative x 10
    • Like x 5
  19. Dakah3

Dakah3 Member

In same boat as it appears for quite a few Perth others, with delivery appointments for next week and no rego papers. I'm hoping they're going to do a batch of them on Friday at latest.

• Like x 1
  20. andygen21

andygen21 Member

Talking about WA rego. Totally unrelated to payment