Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted Tesla (via the 'Contact us" tab on their website) some weeks back to ask when I'll need to hand over cash during the M3 configure/delivery process. No answer yet. I figure it'll be no different to the Ms & Mx process, so any information would be welcome. I'm a reservation holder and cash buyer.

I contacted Tesla (via the 'Contact us" tab on their website) some weeks back to ask when I'll need to hand over cash during the M3 configure/delivery process. No answer yet. I figure it'll be no different to the Ms & Mx process, so any information would be welcome. I'm a reservation holder and cash buyer.
Regarding a model S, you pay a deposit when you order of 5000 via credit card, then you transfer the rest via either bank transfer or credit card (with a transaction fee after the deposit). They set you up a dedicated bank account number so they can accurately track what you've paid. You can do it over multiple transactions and all funds must be received 24 hours before delivery or credit card payment on the day.

As far as I know handing over actual folding cash is not an option ;)

Just been reading up about the exchange rate. Doesn't look like it's going to improve anytime soon. Reserve Bank looks like it's going to keep reducing interest rates in an effort to weaken our dollar.

I hope this damn configurator opens soon so I can order before the exchange rate prices it out of my range.

Regarding a model S, you pay a deposit when you order of 5000 via credit card, then you transfer the rest via either bank transfer or credit card (with a transaction fee after the deposit). They set you up a dedicated bank account number so they can accurately track what you've paid. You can do it over multiple transactions and all funds must be received 24 hours before delivery or credit card payment on the day.

As far as I know handing over actual folding cash is not an option ;)
Darn.
Does anyone want some (empty) brown paper bags?

• Funny
Reactions: bay74