Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
whats with all these people from the far north suddenly popping up here? There's only 2 CSS chargers per electric highway station, remember!!

The silent majority ;)

But nah, make sure you're not using them when I am ahahahhhhhaha.

In all seriousness, I think the number of Teslas in the north is going to explode. Tesla needs to up their supercharger game here, soon.

There's only 2 CSS chargers per electric highway station, remember!!
Actually, now you have me worried. I'm planning a big road trip in early December, with limited time. By my calculations, I won't be able to wait for someone to finish charging on the Queensland electric superhighway.

I notice A Better Route Planner doesn't take into account CCS. Well, at least not the ones in Queensland.

I'm sure people are just joking, but remember that from July 1 this year, cash payments of over $10,000 are illegal.
You could still pay the final $10,000 in cash if Tesla allowed!

Actually the other day Elon posted a single word tweet of "ethereum". Maybe he is planning cryptocurrency payments too. Now I just need the 4 ethereum I have to increase to $15k each so I can buy a Tesla model 3 sr

The silent majority ;)

But nah, make sure you're not using them when I am ahahahhhhhaha.

In all seriousness, I think the number of Teslas in the north is going to explode. Tesla needs to up their supercharger game here, soon.

If QLD would have put proper 100kw CSS chargers we wouldn't need superchargers. Don't get me wrong, I'm greatful for the electric highway project - at least it is something but why not futureproof it a bit. Didn't it only get build 2 years ago? Everyone knew that 50kw isn't good enough.

I was referring to a swarm of northern banana benders (me excluded i'm no banana) flying down to Brisbane to pick up their Teslas and drive them north. Would make a rather entertaining queue in the southern CSS chargers. There will be less spread compared to other countries given that all cars will likely move at the same speed and people are limited in their pick up time.

Actually, now you have me worried. I'm planning a big road trip in early December, with limited time. By my calculations, I won't be able to wait for someone to finish charging on the Queensland electric superhighway.

I notice A Better Route Planner doesn't take into account CCS. Well, at least not the ones in Queensland.
OpenChargeMap does not have the Electric Highway sites north of Miriam Vale in their database. Once those are added, ABRP will be able to route you all the way to Cairns.

I plan on picking up in Brisbane and driving home via the electric highway. Its 50kw I believe. My question is about how long a stop will i have every about every 200km. They are spaced about 200km apart and with about 380km range I need to stop at everyone .

This might help you in the meantime - I knocked this up this morning in sheets.

https://i.imgur.com/jgW6Clj.png

SR+ is about 160 Wh/km from what I can gather off google. At 50 kW, that would be about 313km/h of range *while at that charge rate*. Charge rate tapers as it gets more full, but you should be able to use that as a rule of thumb.

Reactions: T3SLA3
I dropped into my local SC today to ask some Model 3 specific questions. The guy I talked to couldn't give a lot of answers but the main ones he could offer answers/opinions on were:
  • They know when the AU Model 3 order page will be going live but can't say publicly yet.
  • They don't know confirmed AU pricing for the Model 3 yet.
  • The car is expected to come with a HPWC
  • Expecting a ship capacity of up to 4000 for the first delivery, possibly all reservations but will depend on actual orders
  • Home and SC delivery likely due to the logistics of so many deliveries at once
Plenty of other questions still unanswered - insurance availability, CCS2, supercharger upgrade, exchange rate, FSD price, spare parts availability....