Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: Mark Steward
What ceramic coating do you have? There appears to be a large amount of suppliers and they all think theirs is the best. I am considering getting some and doing this myself also.

GYEON MOHS or Carpro Cquartz

They have very good reviews and long lasting. Look at youtube. there a few guys that have tested them all over a long period and these two consistently have good reviews.

I have a kit that comes with MOHS & SKIN waiting to be applied to my new P-. All up about $200

• Helpful
Reactions: baillies
What ceramic coating do you have? There appears to be a large amount of suppliers and they all think theirs is the best. I am considering getting some and doing this myself also.

Avalon King

Did a little bit of research, before opting for that one. They have already followed up on how my application went. I had to explain that I am still waiting for my car...

They are very slick with their promotions and offer 25% referrer or "ambassador" discounts.

To all of you with the ceramic coating stuff:

The videos I've seen on youtube (detailing videos - I know ... it's a sad life when you like seeing things get cleaned) seem to indicate that they apply the coating and then cure it with heat...did you have to do that or is the ones you mentioned above different in that respect when you apply them? How hard are they to apply? Do you have to clay the car before you do it?

In same boat as it appears for quite a few Perth others, with delivery appointments for next week and no rego papers. I'm hoping they're going to do a batch of them on Friday at latest.
Looks like I got bumped today. No explanation or call. Delivery appointment changed on my account from Monday 16th to Friday 20th. The problem is I had already arranged to take the 16th off work and now have to organise to do so on the 20th instead. Pretty frustrating.

How many bottles did you get? 1 or 2?

... hhhmmm. That is a bit embarrassing. I got 3.

For background, when I had to paint my garage, I had to apply 3 prime coats and two top coat layers to get a half-decent finish. Every paint job I ever did, I ended up using inordinate amounts of paint

So it is three bottles mostly due to my lack of confidence in my coating application skills.

Also, if I have any spare coating solution, I might also coat all glass surfaces not just the painted sections. Although videos showing the effect on glass appeared somewhat less convincing than on paint.

To all of you with the ceramic coating stuff:

The videos I've seen on youtube (detailing videos - I know ... it's a sad life when you like seeing things get cleaned) seem to indicate that they apply the coating and then cure it with heat...did you have to do that or is the ones you mentioned above different in that respect when you apply them? How hard are they to apply? Do you have to clay the car before you do it?

I am almost certain that I have undiagnosed OCD, so I really enjoyed watching all those videos [come to think of it, I likewise enjoyed queueing for days for registration, taking photos of a ship loaded with containers, spending my days and nights reading all I can about the Model 3 - I think that has OCD written all over it]!

Anyway, I have not done my coating yet, but my product does not ask for heat treatment. Perhaps that is the difference between professional and consumer product? I personally would lack the confidence to apply any amount of heat to my new car paint in fear of ruining it.

Also, the heat probably just speeds up the curing process of the ceramic coating (my product recommends at least 48 hrs for curing and "the longer it stays dry, the better" and not getting it wet for 4-7 days after applying the coating).

My understanding is that for a spanking new car, the clay cleaning is not necessary - just a good thorough wash.

All of the above is not be construed as advice, but might guide you in doing your own research.

Reactions: TaylorP

For background, when I had to paint my garage, I had to apply 3 prime coats and two top coat layers to get a half-decent finish. Every paint job I ever did, I ended up using inordinate amounts of paint

So it is three bottles mostly due to my lack of confidence in my coating application skills.

Also, if I have any spare coating solution, I might also coat all glass surfaces not just the painted sections. Although videos showing the effect on glass appeared somewhat less convincing than on paint.
Good video on how the coating works:

Looks like I got bumped today. No explanation or call. Delivery appointment changed on my account from Monday 16th to Friday 20th. The problem is I had already arranged to take the 16th off work and now have to organise to do so on the 20th instead. Pretty frustrating.
post script. Tesla did email me a few minutes before I posted this, but a phone call would have been nice. I asked for a proper explanation. Email just says " based on information received today the vehicle will not be ready". Vin is 4434XX white P3D+. I wonder if its that battery issue raising its head In WA?

I might get 3 also, if there is left overs, I can apply an extra layer and if there is more left over, can apply to my motorcycle too.

I am actually happy SR+ did not have white option as I might have chosen it. I like the seats white, but the dash on the test drive car I noticed I don't like the white. so I found this:
Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 Tesla Seat Protector
If I get white leather seat covers, it appears way more to my liking :)
Be careful. Tesla puts the side airbags in the seat. Whatever covers you get, make sure it doesn’t obstruct the inflation...

Be careful. Tesla puts the side airbags in the seat. Whatever covers you get, make sure it doesn’t obstruct the inflation...

From the Model 3 Manual (North America edition):

Seat Covers

Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system.