TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Electric_Blue, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Priit

Priit Member

I am actually happy SR+ did not have white option as I might have chosen it. I like the seats white, but the dash on the test drive car I noticed I don't like the white. so I found this:
    Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 Tesla Seat Protector
    If I get white leather seat covers, it appears way more to my liking :)

2. Stratman

Stratman Member

GYEON MOHS or Carpro Cquartz

They have very good reviews and long lasting. Look at youtube. there a few guys that have tested them all over a long period and these two consistently have good reviews.

I have a kit that comes with MOHS & SKIN waiting to be applied to my new P-. All up about $200

• Helpful x 1
  3. HPSOV

HPSOV Member

Spotted a black SR in Sydney today rego EDH-10Y.
    Drove past Alexandria and there were two car carriers unloading 3’s.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  4. 1st in Line

1st in Line Member

Avalon King

Did a little bit of research, before opting for that one. They have already followed up on how my application went. I had to explain that I am still waiting for my car...

They are very slick with their promotions and offer 25% referrer or "ambassador" discounts.

5. BeyondTech

BeyondTech Member

another day and in an attempt to be optimistic, one day closer to my call. Has anyone been given a Saturday delivery?

• Like x 1
  6. Hunt4more

Hunt4more Member

How many bottles did you get? 1 or 2?

7. Kangojack

Kangojack Member

Well that’s the end of another day.
    Fingers crossed tomorrow will be the big day for the call.

• Like x 3
  8. meowsers

meowsers Member

We are all in Tesla purgatory waiting to be released.

• Funny x 2
  9. stedes

stedes Member

To all of you with the ceramic coating stuff:

The videos I've seen on youtube (detailing videos - I know ... it's a sad life when you like seeing things get cleaned) seem to indicate that they apply the coating and then cure it with heat...did you have to do that or is the ones you mentioned above different in that respect when you apply them? How hard are they to apply? Do you have to clay the car before you do it?

10. machALTcrz

machALTcrz Member

Very excited, got a hidden VIN yesterday.

Model X, blue, standard range, 6 seat black interior, fsd

5YJXDCE26KF1898xx

• Like x 4
  11. m3y3addict

m3y3addict Member

Looks like I got bumped today. No explanation or call. Delivery appointment changed on my account from Monday 16th to Friday 20th. The problem is I had already arranged to take the 16th off work and now have to organise to do so on the 20th instead. Pretty frustrating.

12. 1st in Line

1st in Line Member

... hhhmmm. That is a bit embarrassing. I got 3.

For background, when I had to paint my garage, I had to apply 3 prime coats and two top coat layers to get a half-decent finish. Every paint job I ever did, I ended up using inordinate amounts of paint

So it is three bottles mostly due to my lack of confidence in my coating application skills.

Also, if I have any spare coating solution, I might also coat all glass surfaces not just the painted sections. Although videos showing the effect on glass appeared somewhat less convincing than on paint.

13. 1st in Line

1st in Line Member

I am almost certain that I have undiagnosed OCD, so I really enjoyed watching all those videos [come to think of it, I likewise enjoyed queueing for days for registration, taking photos of a ship loaded with containers, spending my days and nights reading all I can about the Model 3 - I think that has OCD written all over it]!

Anyway, I have not done my coating yet, but my product does not ask for heat treatment. Perhaps that is the difference between professional and consumer product? I personally would lack the confidence to apply any amount of heat to my new car paint in fear of ruining it.

Also, the heat probably just speeds up the curing process of the ceramic coating (my product recommends at least 48 hrs for curing and "the longer it stays dry, the better" and not getting it wet for 4-7 days after applying the coating).

My understanding is that for a spanking new car, the clay cleaning is not necessary - just a good thorough wash.

All of the above is not be construed as advice, but might guide you in doing your own research.

• Like x 1
  14. Miggy

Miggy Member

Good video on how the coating works:

• Like x 2
  15. m3y3addict

m3y3addict Member

post script. Tesla did email me a few minutes before I posted this, but a phone call would have been nice. I asked for a proper explanation. Email just says " based on information received today the vehicle will not be ready". Vin is 4434XX white P3D+. I wonder if its that battery issue raising its head In WA?

16. Priit

Priit Member

I might get 3 also, if there is left overs, I can apply an extra layer and if there is more left over, can apply to my motorcycle too.

17. stuartl

stuartl Member

Be careful. Tesla puts the side airbags in the seat. Whatever covers you get, make sure it doesn’t obstruct the inflation...

• Informative x 3
    • Helpful x 1
  18. 1st in Line

1st in Line Member

In the instructions for my product they do talk about "layering" - applying multiple layers ought to enhance the quality of the coating, but they do not recommend to apply more than 3 layers.

19. Dave3333

Dave3333 Member

Exactly - surely those of us with 4430 VINs that supposedly arrived in the country on August 16 must be getting close!

20. 1st in Line

1st in Line Member

From the Model 3 Manual (North America edition):

Seat Covers

Warning: Do not use seat covers in Model 3. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system.

• Informative x 2