Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car today Pearl White SR+ in Melbourne. Quick seamless process, though the staff did not rush me, gotta say they were great and helped make the day special.
I have read and watched a lot of stuff on this car in the last 3 1/2 years, but I've got to say, it has exceeded all my expectations. One thing that I wasn't expecting was how sporty the car looks (I've sat in the showroom models) but when you get it out on the road, it looks really aggressive and fast even when standing still.
Very fast car (can only imagine what the performance ones are like). Was behind a fairly new high powered Merc sports, that wanted to get ahead of the traffic from the lights and floored it, I easily sat on his tail, saw him do a double-take to see me filling his rearview mirror! It shouldn't have pleased me as much as it did....
I know the wait is long, but it is definitely worth it.

All LEAFs have this (forward pedestrian alert sounds, and reversing sound), it’s no big deal. The pedestrian alert sound is a high pitched whine and is barely audible inside the cabin with the windows up. The reversing sound is like the “beep beep” that trucks make (but nicer). I think it would be better for Tesla to adopt that type of sound, because people already know what it means, they are used to it. The sound on that website could be anything, people will have no idea what it means.

The truck-like reversing sound in US (and Japan?) model LEAFs is terrible and annoying. European LEAFs do not have the reversing sound. In general, I agree with the need for pedestrian warning sounds in EVs, but they need to be pleasant and restrained, not annoying beeps. The Tesla solution is much better.

I believe that the AVAS (EU) and PWS (US) rules do require continuous tones, with pitch and volume changes at different speeds, so the beeping should be no more - except perhaps in Japan-sourced vehicles.

I am actually happy SR+ did not have white option as I might have chosen it. I like the seats white, but the dash on the test drive car I noticed I don't like the white. so I found this:
Leather Seat Covers for Tesla Model 3 Tesla Seat Protector
If I get white leather seat covers, it appears way more to my liking :)

You might also be interested in T-sportline's Model 3 seat upgrade kits. Check YouTube for videos of these.

Tesla Model 3 Seat Upgrade Interior Kit - Factory Design

To be honest though, if it's just the white dash you don't like, it's probably easier to order the white seats from factory and change the dash. Kits are available for that, too:

Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Dash Panel

• Informative
Reactions: andygen21
You might also be interested in T-sportline's Model 3 seat upgrade kits. Check YouTube for videos of these.

Tesla Model 3 Seat Upgrade Interior Kit - Factory Design

To be honest though, if it's just the white dash you don't like, it's probably easier to order the white seats from factory and change the dash. Kits are available for that, too:

Tesla Model 3 Carbon Fiber Dash Panel
The T-sportline's kit requires installation by authorised dealer and is also a bit expensive. The factory still does not offer any options besides black here in Australia on SR+ model.

I am new here, would like to check with those who got their model 3 if the j1772 adaptor is included in the mobile connector bundle or not, thanks...

save yourself some money and if you are going to buy it get it from here, better build quality IMHO than the other one posted which looks like a hatchet job.

US $86.0 |ZWET j1772 connector ev car charger Type 1 and Type2 adapter Electric Vehicle Charging Adapte-in Battery Cables & Connectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The excitement....Almost here..
Capture15.JPG

Yep There are a few checklists . Will dig one out for you.

On delivery day, prior to arrival:
  1. Have the Tesla app installed on your smartphone prior to arrival for delivery.
  2. Bring your driver’s license.
  3. If your car will be registered to more than one person, each person on the registration needs to be at the delivery appointment to sign final documents.
  4. Bring written or digital proof of your down payment having been made and the final payment details or financing details. If you are financing your car, make sure your loan has been funded before you arrive to take delivery and that you have some kind of proof you can provide to Tesla should they ask about it.
  5. Bring a printed insurance card or other proof of insurance that shows your Model 3 is insured.
  6. Since the delivery area where you will inspect your Model 3 may be dark, bring a flashlight.
Delivery day in-person vehicle inspection:
*NOTE: Do not sign final documents, or wire funds, until a full vehicle inspection is completed.

SECTION A - Verify pre-delivery vehicle records
  1. Check for correct name and address on your paperwork.
  2. Confirm vehicle's VIN matches your paperwork.
  3. Check display screen for any information that does not match the car.
SECTION B - Exterior inspection
  1. Check for correct vehicle body color and wheels. The rest is too much for this post .. so follow this link - its pretty handy....
mykeln/teslaprep

Hope that helps - from Carlingford - have fun . .

Some of this is American centric, in particular the insurance bit. Tesla cannot register the car without it being insured - it is part of the registration process. So you don't need to bring (indeed, you can't) bring proof of compulsory third party insurance. And they don't care if you have comprehensive insurance or not - if you want to self insure, that's your perogative.

The truck-like reversing sound in US (and Japan?) model LEAFs is terrible and annoying. European LEAFs do not have the reversing sound. In general, I agree with the need for pedestrian warning sounds in EVs, but they need to be pleasant and restrained, not annoying beeps. The Tesla solution is much better.
“Terrible and annoying”? Well, not to me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. My garage is built right on my property boundary, exiting directly on to the footpath. Reversing out of my garage would be a significant pedestrian risk without the so-called “annoying” beeping - which as soon as any pedestrian hears it, knows exactly what is going to happen next. So there.

And considering people barely reverse for more than a few seconds, how “annoying” can those noises really be to anyone?

As to “The Tesla solution is much better” - they have a more noise-like than whine-like forward alert sound. I’m curious as to how is that “much better”?