Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone waiting in Melbourne for this ship?
8E50487B-88DF-404F-8E72-09D8735BE933.jpeg

Reactions: BarnabySydney
Looks like they've brought over a bucket load of SR+ but not a word about the P3+

This looks likely, and the change to free white most likely resulted in a heap of orders being changed to this colour. Therefore P3+ Pearl White (my spec) are most likely going to be in demand for a significant period of time.

Me as a non-reservation holder keep getting kicked down the list. I get the priority for reservation holders however I also feel they've had 3 months to place their order at some point my order needs to stop being pushed back.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
This looks likely, and the change to free white most likely resulted in a heap of orders being changed to this colour. Therefore P3+ Pearl White (my spec) are most likely going to be in demand for a significant period of time.

Me as a non-reservation holder keep getting kicked down the list. I get the priority for reservation holders however I also feel they've had 3 months to place their order at some point my order needs to stop being pushed back.
I've been a reservation holder since April 2016 and confirmed order of P3+ pearl white, black interior with no change since 31 may 2019 and still no word. Getting very frustrated.

I've been a reservation holder since April 2016 and confirmed order of P3+ pearl white, black interior with no change since 31 may 2019 and still no word. Getting very frustrated.

They are just starting now - I had a call Saturday for Melbourne delivery. Day 1 res, P3+. Delivery for Grand Final Friday holiday (Sept 27).
Good luck - hopefully your call is coming soon!

Jetcharge vs EVSE type 2 cable.

For a 7m 22kw 3 phase cable Jetcharge are $315, EVSE are $499. Can anyone comment on these cables? Any reason the more expensive is better? Also cable length, 7m seem right? Bit of extra over a 5m might come in handy if a spot is ICE’d maybe?

Type 2 to Type 2 Lead

7 Metre Type 2 to Type 2 EV Charging Cable - 22kW | EVSE Australia

I would skip both of those and get the AliExpress one. Much cheaper, still good quality. Save yourself about $2-300

Jetcharge and EVSE are both a ripoff and buy their gear from China anyways, often from the same manufacturers. They say they "test" them but honestly these factories are TUV and UL and ISO certified. Not some rinky-dink backwoods place.

Cable:
US $106.08 15% OFF|16A 32A Three phase EV Cable Type 2 to Type 2 IEC62196 EV Charging Plug With 7 Meter cable TUV/UL EVSE CABLE-in Accessories from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

J1772 adaptor:

US $82.8 10% OFF|New SAE J1772 Charging Adapter for Electric Vehicle EV Car Charger Connector Type 1 and Type2-in Battery Cables & Connectors from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Last edited:

For a 7m 22kw 3 phase cable Jetcharge are $315, EVSE are $499. Can anyone comment on these cables? Any reason the more expensive is better? Also cable length, 7m seem right? Bit of extra over a 5m might come in handy if a spot is ICE’d maybe?

Type 2 to Type 2 Lead

I got the cable bundle from Jet Charge - includes J1772 to Type 2 adaptor. They look well made. Haven’t tried them out yet.

• Informative
Reactions: HPSOV
Interesting... what is the source of this data? RMS in NSW publishes statistics quarterly (around 6 weeks after the end of the quarter) which enables me to extract (1) how many BEVs are registered in NSW and (2) how many of those are Teslas. But I am not aware of any other state or territory in Australia which does that. NSW stats are free to access as well.
The author has requested no attribution. Not an official source, but remarkably close to the cars registered in each state which I published on post 8924 (Teslas registered are only up to 20/12/18 in this reconciliation). On post 8931 I suggested some reasons for the slightly lower number registered than imported.

GOT THE CALL AT 10:36AM THIS MORNING!!!

Delivery appointment tentatively scheduled for 9:00am 27th September 2019, Alexandria.

VIN 4882XX
3P-
Red
Interior black
Ship: ANL Warrnambool

Started queuing 7:00am 29.03.2016
Registered when doors opened at St Leonards Showroom 31.03.2016
Ordered 01.06.2019

Still awaiting invoice.

If I collect my Model 3 on 27/09/2019, it will have been 1,277 days and 2 hrs of waiting since I arrived at the door of the St Leonards Showroom. To paraphrase Agent Jack Bauer: "This has been the longest 1,277 days and 2 hrs of my life..."

I look forward to passing on the title of "Longest wait for Model 3 delivery" to someone else some time on the 28th of September.
Sorry @1st in Line but the longest wait for a Tesla was a Melbourne Model S owner who order the car the first day Model S was announced in 2010 and even waited for a Dual Motor that we’re not available until mid 2015 in Australia. So close to 5 years.

Type 2 to Type 2 Lead

Most of my cables I have got from JetCharge and without exception they are quality stuff.
I have used the J1772 many times and it has never given any issues.
I also have the adapter cables for the Type1 UMC and used that to go to Alice Springs last year.
More recently I purchased a Type 2 to Type 2 and have used only a few times but it has worked well at the full 22Kw rate that my car supports and it hardly got warm.
Yes you can get stuff direct from China but I like to support Australian business, and they are closer by when there is a problem.