Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the invoice last week and paid. I then emailed them at the end of the week to confirm they have indeed received my payment and all rego details, today they emailed me saying yes all confirmed payment and rego details received. Yay. So I’m hoping i get a call like those lucky people saying delivery is early :)
OMG! Just received the “other Call”, pick up for tomorrow. Then... got another call saying pick up available this afternoon!!!
Now i really need to get insurance ready!! Excited !

.....I am not saying that all the posts are without justification, but I note that - naturally - an awful lot of posts so far were about delivery issues. As Tesla works through the initial delivery hump and associated teething issues, I expect those issues to fall away pretty soon.

These basic issues don't magically "fall away". The noise may reduce due to lower volume but I wouldn't expect too much change unless management is very intentional to remedy.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
These basic issues don't magically "fall away". The noise may reduce due to lower volume but I wouldn't expect too much change unless management is very intentional to remedy.

I think that at least some of the problem is the initial hump. As volumes moderate and staff streamline the delivery process, yes, there will always be slip ups and communication stuff-ups, but I do have faith that Tesla will over time improve these processes as the company matures and volumes become more predictable and manageable.

Since I got charged $6.75 for 15 kWh, this also proves that my referral credits never registered (the whole link thing was pretty clumsy when I put the order in originally).

Do you have "Free Supercharger KM Remaining" under (or better inside) Loot Box (where you can share your referral link) in your Tesla App? I used a referral link to order my Model 3 and I have "1,500" under "Free Supercharger KM Remaining" there.

Do you have "Free Supercharger KM Remaining" under (or better inside) Loot Box (where you can share your referral link) in your Tesla App? I used a referral link to order my Model 3 and I have "1,500" under "Free Supercharger KM Remaining" there.

Ditto. I had 1,500km in my loot box. When I did my first SC (a test) at Richmond last Sat, I noted a cost building on the screen. I stopped at $0.90. When I checked my loot box that night, it showed 1,492. Nothing has been billed to my CC.

So, struggling with the USB phone charger cable and the plastic fitting (yes yes I know there is wireless charging now but I still have my 7+) and figured it should fit better. So one YouTube video later and I realise that premium interiors (elsewhere at least) included the cables (which have the right angle etc, listed in -online store- brochure https://www.tesla.com/sites/default...U/M3_Accessories_Digital_Brochure_AU_0906.pdf ).
I went and double-checked the dark depths of the middle console and alas no cables.

So, the question... did anyone with premium interior get these cables included with their M3?
Not I. Although I put a wireless charging pad in immediately. Nevertheless they should be there. I’ll add it to my list of little things.

Reactions: m4rtin
Got a call (from 03 number even though im in Syd) saying "Your a long time reservation holder, you can have a P- if you pay and pickup by Monday.
Ah, that explains why I don't have any news on my car, the Melbourne staff are too busy dealing with Sydney deliveries.

Still VINLESS and over 3 weeks since I have heard anything from Tesla.

How many blue P3D+ with black interiors have been delivered? I am starting to feel like the just neglected to order any, and it will be months before they get to this variant. Anyone else in the same boat?