Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not I. Although I put a wireless charging pad in immediately. Nevertheless they should be there. I’ll add it to my list of little things.

Even the premium interior no longer comes with any cables in any market. They became “optional accessories” in every market earlier this year in an attempt to cut costs down. Petty if you ask me and kinda douche BMW/Merc/Porsch nickel and dimming move but I guess with tens of thousands of cars the cost does add up.

Reactions: kieranu
Even the premium interior no longer comes with any cables in any market. They became “optional accessories” in every market earlier this year in an attempt to cut costs down. Petty if you ask me and kinda douche BMW/Merc/Porsch nickel and dimming move but I guess with tens of thousands of cars the cost does add up.
Ta. Saves me having a whinge to them and being invited to go forth and reproduce.

Ditto. I had 1,500km in my loot box. When I did my first SC (a test) at Richmond last Sat, I noted a cost building on the screen. I stopped at $0.90. When I checked my loot box that night, it showed 1,492. Nothing has been billed to my CC.

So how does Tesla calculate the 1500KM's of free charging when the car is actually "filling up" with kW's?
If I drive like a maniac for 1500KM, do I get more value out the 1500KM then somebody drives very conservatively?

Reactions: MonicaPlease
this also proves that my referral credits never registered
Yes, very badly communicated. For like 50% of the people I've communicated with the link either didn't work properly or since they're not technically minded they didn't realise you couldn't add the code after or during the config process, but that it was a URL you put in the browser.

I find the model acronyms terribly confusing.

P+
P3
P-
SR

How many models ARE THERE? I only seem to see 2 on the website....
Four - three left on the website

Single Motor
SR+ - Standard Range

Dual Motor
P+, P3D+, P3D : Performance (formerly LR AWD Performance with performance pack)
P-, P3D- : LR AWD Performance
LR AWD - Long Range

LR AWD Performance (P-, P3D-) no longer is available for sale though a few people are getting churned up to excess inventory in the EOQ push

Have you looked at Petrol Prices lately? $6.75 to get you ~100km range is quite cheap in comparison.

Actually, my Citroen C4 would go about 130km on $6.75 of diesel (at 90km/hr on the highway). Not that I want to keep driving it. Fortunately my M3 will be charged mostly from the excess solar I generate at home, so still hope for a small saving on fuel costs.

If you're fortunate enough to have access at home most places have off-peak for about one-third of the cost

The trick is to charge at home and only supercharge when you exceed your range. If you live in an apartment there was a good webinar last week on how to negotiate a plug for your parking space. The link was in the Aussie Tesla part of this forum. In short, be active on your body corporate, don't just rock up and demand one, and have an exit arrangement when you leave.

I did it for the team/forum. :p
I still haven't had recieved an invoice from Tesla and was gonna sit it out until my car is getting delivered early next week.
Got a phonecall from Tesla today saying they are ready to load up the car on the truck but I havn't payed yet. Explained that I have not received my invoice yet. They just apologized and I got the invoice 2 hours later.

VIN matches the hidden VIN I had from the beginning.

I find the model acronyms terribly confusing.

P+
P3
P-
SR+

How many models ARE THERE? I only seem to see 2 on the website....

You missed LR :)

I've been meaning to ask - the Stealth Performance (P-). where the heck did that come from and how did you order? I NEVER saw it on the website, and I'd never heard of it.

I presume it's a Performance minus the badges also minus the 21" wheels (so not the full performance pack)? Or is it an LR with the Performance battery controller/electronics? what the heck is it?

I've been meaning to ask - the Stealth Performance (P-). where the heck did that come from and how did you order? I NEVER saw it on the website, and I'd never heard of it.

I presume it's a Performance minus the badges also minus the 21" wheels (so not the full performance pack)? Or is it an LR with the Performance battery controller/electronics? what the heck is it?
Both the things you said. LR AWD Performance has 18", the performance pack upgraded to 20" wheels, brakes, lowered suspension, and a higher top speed.
This then morphed into the Long Range in mid-July which was the LR AWD Performance with a slightly different motor (slower acceleration)
and Performance (same as the LR AWD Performance with performance pack)

The "Stealth Performance" was on the website from May 31st to about July 16th when the options changed.
It also supposedly didn't have track mode but apparently it is actually enabled.

Melbourne, late delivery call. Postponed from 26sep19 to 29sep19 :(

Hi,
I am an early day one reservation holder.
I was all paid up and ready to attend my delivery appointment this Thursday (just in time for the long weekend:D). However I just got a call that my car will be late! Another 3 or 4 days! "The truck from Sydney is having issues". Mine is a Blue LR Performance (P3D) with white seats.

Interestingly I also went past the Richmond Showroom today and noticed that there were only a handful of Models 3s out the back and none had white seats. So I have 2.5 questions:

1. Has anyone taken delivery of a white seat Model 3 Performance yet in Australia?
2. Has anyone else had this call about late delivery and what was the excuses?

Cheers

Stealth performance is the LR AWD Performance WITHOUT performance pack (but with track mode) model.

You could order it for the first 2 months (June/July) when the choice was between SR+ and AWD Performance. The AWD Performance came without the performance pack as standard and was same price as the AWD it replaced. (So essentially early australians got the performance speed upgrade for free)

Reactions: Oli C
Melbourne, late delivery call. Postponed from 26sep19 to 29sep19 :(

"The truck from Sydney is having issues".

I was expecting delivery 26th at Richmond too. This morning Jess at Melbourne Delivery looked up my car (Blue SR+) and said "Right now it's in Canberra"

I wonder if that's where the 'truck with issues' went.

Who knows. 'its in canberra' was the only totally conclusive thing I've heard in a while.

So, just had a call from Tesla. Had a confirmed delivery date of this Friday - has now been delayed to the 14th of October. Very annoying and hard to understand how they could have gotten it so wrong so close to the delivery date (which had already been pushed back from Monday).... So now I have to re-organise a hire car, change my insurance dates, get the finance company to stop the payment, and re-schedule the electricians etc... apparently the car (and others) got delivered to Sydney in error - sounds very similar to the Perth delivery delay story I got when they re-scheduled from Monday to Friday. Has taken a bit of the excitement away from the whole experience unfortunately... :(

apparently the car (and others) got delivered to Sydney in error
"in error" EOQ push error lol
If they deliver my P3D- to Sydney in error they better give me a free upgrade to P3D+ [also delayed from September 30 to October 17 but at least I got plenty of of notice]

Be nice if they comped some supercharger credits (for all they're worth here) or merch but nup

Reactions: TaylorP and archph