Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m confused about the standard performance model, what’s the difference between it and the LR dual motor? The 0-100 is the only thing I can see.. in other words, i think we get an overpriced LR dual motor and a cheaper performance model. Sneaky marketing, I’m really not convinced, plus like many I had my heart set on a white interior.

I’m confused about the standard performance model, what’s the difference between it and the LR dual motor? The 0-100 is the only thing I can see.. in other words, i think we get an overpriced LR dual motor and a cheaper performance model. Sneaky marketing, I’m really not convinced, plus like many I had my heart set on a white interior.
Apparently the LR AWD uses a less powerful rear motor, where the Performance "Lite" uses the regular RWD motor. Could be a bit of manufacturing simplification at work here - only manufacture 1 rear motor and 1 front motor.

I quite like the idea of the cheaper performance without the 'performance pack (basically 'just the AWD with the full potential unlocked from the factory?? - someone here will alreday know!) and whilst I would have preferred the white interior I can live with the black.... so I have ordered the following:

Model 3 Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
Deep Blue Metallic Paint
18’’ Aero Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Autopilot

95k with NSW Business Rego.
Agreed. Aero wheels are good.

Reactions: ittah
I really like the SR+ option.
That’s an incredible price for a Model 3. Full access to the Supercharger network, the same console as the performance model. All the benefits of EV at a very reasonable price with the savings on petrol and servicing.
Still got more range than my S75D, which as enough.

Reactions: natetm3
Unfortunately the rationalle behind tesla decisions is a science that us mortals will never understand. Its probbaly why they managed to reinvent the car.
Also adding my disappointment that early reservation holders (and current owners) get no advantage what so ever over the general public.
We put down the cash over 3 years ago and as of today anyone can just jump on and order a car and get it in August. Pretty poor form.

Finally after all these years! The performance is listed for less than I thought it would be- perhaps that’s a reward of sorts for holding on to our deposits for the last few years? No white interior has thrown me though- looks great, wanted to get that if I could, hope they switch it back soon

7718AFB2-CF40-4D13-BB64-6E01255B74DA.jpeg
My big question is what do I do with this now :)

Looking forward to placing my order - is there anything I should be considering first?
E.g. should I try and negotiate a trade with Tesla before the order?
You can’t negotiate a trade in before placing an order afaik. Once your order is processed, you’ll be able to upload photos and details of your trade in and then Tesla will share these with dealers and offer you the highest price they get. There is no room for haggling.

You can’t negotiate a trade in before placing an order afaik. Once your order is processed, you’ll be able to upload photos and details of your trade in and then Tesla will share these with dealers and offer you the highest price they get. There is no room for haggling.
I wont name them, however the car is sent to one wholesaler who shops it around their own dealers to make you think its competative. Ultimately its one low price. This isnt a criticism of tesla, all the car retailers do the same thing. Out of frustration you stick an ad online, but the wholesaler doesn’t care because they still get your cash. They are the same company.
Reading the annual report of a popular online car site reveals a lot, as they are a public company.

By some lucky chance, I had scheduled a test drive at the Brisbane showroom today at 14:00. I walk in a 13:45, am super excited to see Model 3 on display and start chatting to a Tesla rep. Mention my reservation and my test drive.
A couple of minutes later, the rep comes out and announces the order page had gone live. I received a text but didn't notice while talking.
Took the test drive in a MS 100D, came back and ordered on the spot.

I was completely blown away by the price which overcame my dismay at no LR AWD option.

I ended up ordering the Performance lite, Midnight Silver (tough choice between this and Blue).

Been a whirlwind since then as I had to fly home this evening.

Can't wait until delivery!!

By some lucky chance, I had scheduled a test drive at the Brisbane showroom today at 14:00. I walk in a 13:45, am super excited to see Model 3 on display and start chatting to a Tesla rep. Mention my reservation and my test drive.

Nicely timed. Congrats.

There was no Model 3 there on display there 3 weeks ago. The Silver one had gone.
Was it a RHD Model 3 on display? and colour?