Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lot of money just to currently get parking assist that other manufacturers already do so well and we can't even get summons feature here yet so we're buying a very expensive dream. Dont get me wrong im fully behind the Elon FSD future but not getting anything much more than everyone else is doing
I'm pretty sure that at some point we'll be offered a free trial of FSD. It happened to US owners last August, they got 2 weeks FSD via OTA update.

Reactions: Stratman
Yes. Been waiting for this car since the Elon blog of 2006 re the Master plan. I plan on keeping this car for a while. FSD has indeed been vapourware. Taking a risk, but no regrets with the decision. The Tesla neural net demo video convinced me on the progress being made. Decision Secured.
I’ve got no doubt tesla will get there with FSD. Australian authorities allowing it is a while different matter, as we have seen with summon.

Once it’s proved to be safer by the data it will be an easier decision . From Elon’s comments at today’s shareholder meeting Seems like Tesla has acquired an insurance company or something, so it will be interesting to see the insurance premiums. I expect it will take a while to roll out globally tho.

Was a bit shocked by the FSD price increase so soon after the configurations were available.
Does anyone know the cost of FSD before the change for a M3P + performance upgrade + $1400 paint (silver)? I'm struggling to work out how the price changes with LCT and stamp duty, but ultimately just want to see if I'm still ahead or not after deciding to add FSD post-delivery (or some time later). So was $7100 + increases in LCT & stamp duty, more or less than $8500.
First post here btw

Was a bit shocked by the FSD price increase so soon after the configurations were available.
Does anyone know the cost of FSD before the change for a M3P + performance upgrade + $1400 paint (silver)? I'm struggling to work out how the price changes with LCT and stamp duty, but ultimately just want to see if I'm still ahead or not after deciding to add FSD post-delivery (or some time later). So was $7100 + increases in LCT & stamp duty, more or less than $8500.
First post here btw

Hi, assuming NSW based on your member profile, FSD at $7100 purchased with the car would have incurred additional charges of $2130 in LCT (ext GST cost times 33%) and $465 in SD (cost plus the LCT times 5% rounded up to the next $5). Grand total $9695.

By my calcs, the 1500km free supercharging by referral is worth about $110

That's around the mark, of course only if it's all used and only if the driver is already paying 42 cents per unit for electricity.
the real brilliance of Supercharging is partly the charging speeds but more so the ability to just plug in and walk off, no stuffing about with charge accounts.

@jontyh if you wish to buy better looking wheels, want way better brakes (including red) then it’s way cheaper than doing it yourself “after”....
I just can't see $6,200 value in bigger, less efficient wheels and better brakes when there's good looking wheels under the aero covers and brakes won't be used much with regen. Track mode with higher top speed is sure to increase insurance; and spoiler, brake covers and pedals can all be bought after market.
51w10tWzLkL.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Stratman
And even longer in WA (wait-a-while) Western Australia :(
I am a glass half full guy and prefer to think of WA = way ahead!
First T2 charging station network in 2012, first DC charging station network in 2015, and an Automated Vehicle Reforms unit currently considering legislative changes for AP (for whom we have driven several Teslas on two separate occassions).
If the State accept even a small proportion of the 70 pairs of DC chargers at 200kms intervals proposed by their consultant, my glass will nearly be full.

I just can't see $6,200 value in bigger, less efficient wheels and better brakes when there's good looking wheels under the aero covers and brakes won't be used much with regen. Track mode with higher top speed is sure to increase insurance; and spoiler, brake covers and pedals can all be bought after market.
View attachment 418694

It's not brake covers or just red paint, different brakes....whilst you don't use brakes all that much around town you will with spirited driving.

Personally I think those wheels, even with covers off, are ugly and I will be going staggered (have staggered on my Model S now) tyres...you cannot do this on the Aeros.

You cannot buy a decent spoiler after market (they're all ugly) and the original Telsa one can only be bought as replacements if you have one on your car and it gets damaged.

Then there is the springs....better range of course because you're lower to the ground however of course way better driving/handling and visually not the big ugly space between the top of the tyre and the wheel arch. We are not talking about a stupid young boys lowering effect, think more German M series lowered.

Better Wheels than Aero: $5k+
Lowering Springs : $2.5k (installed)
Better Brakes : $3.5k fitted (this would only be fronts and rear painted black)
Spoiler : $1.5k (non-Tesla and uglier)
Acc/Brake Pedals : $250+ ($450 for Tesla originals)
Total (not including the faster speed) : $12,750

So yeah, the Tesla deal is good if you want something that is sportier and way better looking etc.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: baillies
Better Wheels than Aero: $5k+
Lowering Springs : $2.5k (installed)
Better Brakes : $3.5k fitted (this would only be fronts and rear painted black)
Spoiler : $1.5k (non-Tesla and uglier)
Acc/Brake Pedals : $250+ ($450 for Tesla originals)
Total (not including the faster speed) : $12,750

So yeah, the Tesla deal is good if you want something that is sportier and way better looking etc.
To each according to their needs.
For me, if I changed the wheels from factory 18 inch, I would not go 19 inch, I would go 17 inch for softer ride. For Springs I would most definitely not lower them, I would probably raise them an extra 1-2cm, as my driveway is on a steep angle and where it meets the street most of my friends have scraped parts of their car lower extremities off there. I believe the better brakes would be the only part of that upgrade I would love. Spoilers I don't really like and mostly they just add drag. The pedals I don't really care about as I don't stare at them much.

Reactions: Techno-phile